City vs Sheffield Wednesday Post Match

WednesdayFan said:
Suppose I better give my two pennies worth.

Proud to be a Wednesday fan tonight but couldn't believe how poor your lot were in the first half. Final balls from Kolarov and co' were all over the place. We took our goal very well, I actually didn't think it had gone in at first.

In the second half you showed your quality and we showed why we had a squad made up of, mostly, freebies.
I do think we deserved the draw in the end though. Gutted when Milner scored the questionable 2nd. But proud none the less.

I'm shocked to think that you thought the ref was being biased towards us? A few meaty tackles flew in from both sides, nothing out of the ordinary though....not at championship level anyway. Thought Yaya was lucky not to walk from slamming, I think Kieren Lee, to the ground. Ditto Claude Dielna on our side was lucky not to see red in the first half for a questionable looking tackle. As it is, both walked away with nothing.

Our fans and players did us proud today.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

UTO!

I thought your support was immense today. Without sounding patronising I think you deserved a draw too. All teams no matter what league suffer some strange ones from the refs but today I thought he was fair to both teams (I mean equally shit). Haven't seen the winner yet on TV but from where I sit it looked offside. These decisions can work both ways throughout the season. Thanks for comin on & good luck for the rest of the season!!

Like everybody else has said already Nasri and Silva made the difference when they came on but I thought Wednesday played very well and they did knock it around quite well when given the chance. They certainly weren't thugs.

One thing I have thought of reference Kolorov who was poor again was that Yaya always seems to move the ball to the right if he can't take part in the quick, city triangles because Silva and Nasri are on the bench. Navas played very well.

We were horrible today

Wednesday deserved at least a replay

A win is a win though and if you would have said before the festive season we would be on level terms with Chelsea and through to the 4th round I would have taken it like a shot.

Not impressed with how we got through but we are through and that's what matters

WednesdayFan said:

Proud to be a Wednesday fan tonight but couldn't believe how poor your lot were in the first half. Final balls from Kolarov and co' were all over the place. We took our goal very well, I actually didn't think it had gone in at first.

In the second half you showed your quality and we showed why we had a squad made up of, mostly, freebies.
I do think we deserved the draw in the end though. Gutted when Milner scored the questionable 2nd. But proud none the less.

I'm shocked to think that you thought the ref was being biased towards us? A few meaty tackles flew in from both sides, nothing out of the ordinary though....not at championship level anyway. Thought Yaya was lucky not to walk from slamming, I think Kieren Lee, to the ground. Ditto Claude Dielna on our side was lucky not to see red in the first half for a questionable looking tackle. As it is, both walked away with nothing.

UTO!

Good luck for rest of the season. Wednesday are a proper football club and I'd love to see the, back in the premier league.

City heavily rely on the super 7; Hart, Kompany, Zabaleta, Yaya, Silva, Nasri and Aguero. The more of them that start each game, the better our performance and chance of winning. Today only 1 started but our chances improved once other 2 came on.

For what it's worth I thought Oliver was more biased towards Sheffield tbh. Surprised anyone thought any different. Also think from seeing goal again it was correct to allow. A couple of hefty fouls by sheff w players not blown up for by Oliver.

didsburyblu said:
Hart should have saved their goal

Get up Dzeko ffs
Why the fuck doesn't he play aguero
Silva's been shite (said in the first half)
Just some of the comments I had to endure from the tit Sat next to me today

Were you on the bench?

We were poor today .
Boyata and Kolarov were shocking .
It was like we were playing with half a team today .
Even YAYa was below par today .
Got out of jail with that WIN

Untitled_zps2339b4be.png

Kippaxman said:
WednesdayFan said:

I thought Wednesday approached the game well today. Compare it to the way Sunderland parked their buses last week, they caused us problems from the start. Kolarov started the season well but is now playing awful, i'm just glad Clichy has found form again.

UTO!

I thought your support was immense today. Without sounding patronising I think you deserved a draw too. All teams no matter what league suffer some strange ones from the refs but today I thought he was fair to both teams (I mean equally shit). Haven't seen the winner yet on TV but from where I sit it looked offside. These decisions can work both ways throughout the season. Thanks for comin on & good luck for the rest of the season!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.