City vs Sheffield Wednesday Post Match

pudge said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
pudge said:
Not sure how the winner is deemed "questionable"

1) Milner is behind the ball when Navas crosses it

2) The Wednesday defender is the one who flicked the cross on

Is exactly why he is on-side. So who touches it, is immaterial.
To be fair, it would still be possible to be offside if Silva were to have touched it even if Jimmy was behind the ball initially but as has been pointed out there where 2 Wednesday players between Milner and the goal after the flick on.

[bigimg]http://i57.tinypic.com/54sr9e.jpg[/bigimg]

Why is this even being debated. Clearly onside!

Me couple of drachmas.

Well done the lads, very difficult game against the Wendies well parked bus which carried a great support, the Owls were; and their 12th man the bent rag Owliver.

It is hard when their players kick ours all over the park and the c unt of a rag ref gives us nowt, Yaya was dangerously retaliating some, thank Dionysus he stopped fuming otherwise a rag card would've been shown to him.

Their goal was well taken, but May was offside on the break.

On the half hour mark Jovetic was blatantly fouled and nothing awarded, the narrators said it was deserved at least a yellow. Four minutes later Jovetic was onside on his way to the goal an the flag was up. Second half the same, Merlin was at the end of a penalty foul, again not given.

Those labia complaining of the performance, should take into account the fact that it was a hard game against a side with resolve and a dose of thuggery, condoned by a bent ref.

Now to eat some toffees and happy b-day James Milner.

CelesteItis said:
Me couple of drachmas.

Well done the lads, very difficult game against the Wendies well parked bus which carried a great support, the Owls were; and their 12th man the bent rag Owliver.

It is hard when their players kick ours all over the park and the c unt of a rag ref gives us nowt, Yaya was dangerously retaliating some, thank Dionysus he stopped fuming otherwise a rag card would've been shown to him.

Their goal was well taken, but May was offside on the break.

On the half hour mark Jovetic was blatantly fouled and nothing awarded, the narrators said it was deserved at least a yellow. Four minutes later Jovetic was onside on his way to the goal an the flag was up. Second half the same, Merlin was at the end of a penalty foul, again not given.

Those labia complaining of the performance, should take into account the fact that it was a hard game against a side with resolve and a dose of thuggery, condoned by a bent ref.

Now to eat some toffees and happy b-day James Milner.

Stop talking so much sense man!

mattyb said:
pudge said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Is exactly why he is on-side. So who touches it, is immaterial.
To be fair, it would still be possible to be offside if Silva were to have touched it even if Jimmy was behind the ball initially but as has been pointed out there where 2 Wednesday players between Milner and the goal after the flick on.

[bigimg]http://i57.tinypic.com/54sr9e.jpg[/bigimg]

Why is this even being debated. Clearly onside!

An earlier poster commented that the Wednesday player was off the pitch - that second picture clearly shows he wasn't.

I know it probably won't be a popular view, but I really enjoyed the game today.

We didn't play well first half, that's impossible to disagree with, we didn't create much, but we still dominated the game, Wednesday worked very hard, fair play to them, but they had to, and it was one of the reasons we won, we basically wore them down over the 90 minutes.

I never really doubted we'd win, even at 0-1, we were simply better than they were, they created very little really, almost nothing after half time, and while we didn't create a great deal before the subs either, we were slowly grinding them down, after about 70 minutes I noticed the stats on touches of the ball, we were almost double (I suspect it ended up well over double, possession was 72/28 according to the BBC). If a team is that dominant in possession, its hard to lose in a 90 minute game, as the other team tire big time towards the end.

For us to then bring on 2 of our best passers and movers, there was only really one outcome, yes we left it late, but we thoroughly deserved the win, without ever being at our best. The subs were spot on, but all were obvious even by half time.

We've earned 2 midweeks off, this should only be good.

One other positive is that once again we've come from behind to win, something we were struggling to do 6 or 7 weeks ago. I think we're in very good shape for the rest of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.