City vs Sheffield Wednesday Post Match

First of all fair play to Wednesday there fans and players were top notch today. Now on the pitch Sagna and jovetic deary me do I need explain or should we just leave it at that. Kolorov was poor as well today but hasn't played much and I belive he will come back to be the player we know. On the other hand the other two I'd be loooking at offloading them in the summer.. Jovetic needs to learn when to pass a ball maybe he's trying to hard I don't know.

Marvin said:
Poor game, but we won and we know we can play so much better

Navas was our best attacking threat and I thought Fernando did very well defensively. We had a lot of players pressing forward but he snuffed most of their counter-attacks before they got off the ground, and also made a great tackle when I thought they were going to score in the 2nd half

City crowd was dead. Great turnout, but so quiet. Knew it would be with no South Stand.

Strange that I thought Fernando was woeful. A bit of a headless chicken. One of the players at fault for their goal through not getting back quickly enough.

Till the last 20 mins - not enough pace, not passing across the pitch quickly enough , not enough shooting, not enough players running at the opposition (Navas apart) and zero overlapping. Sagna and Kolarov were woeful in this respect today.

I was surprised by our own performance today. Our manager had massive balls to go 4-4-2 in the first half, and it paid off. Our big man took his goal well. None of us thought we'd even score today. We've scored 18 in the league this season. Goals are not our thing. We defended very well & some of your guys being 'off colour' helped slightly. But we were never really threatened in the first half...you didn't get a shot on target & we had you rattled.

But the 2nd half showed a lot. You brought on Silva and Nasri. We brought on a striker who has scored four in a year. The gulf between us and the top end of the Prem is too big. I think it's wrong that the likes of City and Chelsea, and United in the past, can just buy their way to the top. It makes the premier league very boring and the lower leagues a bit...pointless. We're 10 points off of the play offs right now. But the discussion on our forums are now 'do we even want promotion' - it's an achievement, and great for a while. But what are you playing for in the Premier League...to stay up. At best consolidate and remain forever mid-table like Stoke? You're certainly not playing to win it anymore, unless you have billions in the bank. I prefer the championship in all honesty. I don't want to get promoted and have to watch us defend like fuck for 90 minutes over and over again. But that's a discussion for another day I suppose.

I'll remain gutted for a while but onwards and upwards. Today was massive progress for us.

kun said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
so apart from the fact Milner was behind Navas playing the ball...
Silva touches the ball here, Milner is behind both Kirkland and the defender sliding (about to go off the pitch). Onside.

Untitled_zps2339b4be.png

if the defender (sliding off the pitch) is beyond the goalkeeper, then the goalkeeper in effect becomes the last defender and the defender becomes the keeper ......

(that rule is what happens in the Fifa football games when idiot GK's get bored and wander out of their goal and one of the defenders has to cover the goal line.)

..... is that an actual official real life rule? if so, they are well onside regardless.

Not sure how the winner is deemed "questionable"

1) Milner is behind the ball when Navas crosses it

2) The Wednesday defender is the one who flicked the cross on

BlueAnorak said:
aguero93:20 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
so apart from the fact Milner was behind Navas playing the ball...
Silva touches it on but it's still onside for me, even if the sliding player has left the pitch Silva is level with or slightly ahead of Milner as he touches it.

Did Silva touch the ball? I wasn't up in the 3rd tier today behind Navas to see that.
Its only offside if when Silva touches the ball the Sheff Wed player sliding out of play is fully out of play. He clearly isn't.
Therefore ONSIDE.

Yeah he definitely touched it, he would have had a lovely finish into the far corner if neither Milner or the Wednesday defender had been there :)

a difficult game for us but glad the boys never let us down...now next game is our vodoooo game (goodison) win there and the rest will take care of itself

WednesdayFan said:
Suppose I better give my two pennies worth.

Thought Yaya was lucky not to walk from slamming, I think Kieren Lee, to the ground. Ditto Claude Dielna on our side was lucky not to see red in the first half for a questionable looking tackle. As it is, both walked away with nothing.

UTO!

Thought ref could have booked a few more players on both sides.

Don't think any deserved red cards but if Ya Ya was sent off would his ban be put on hold while he was released from City to the Ivory Coast
I know its irrelevant

moon said:
WednesdayFan said:
Suppose I better give my two pennies worth.

Thought Yaya was lucky not to walk from slamming, I think Kieren Lee, to the ground. Ditto Claude Dielna on our side was lucky not to see red in the first half for a questionable looking tackle. As it is, both walked away with nothing.

UTO!

Thought ref could have booked a few more players on both sides.

Don't think any deserved red cards but if Ya Ya was sent off would his ban be put on hold while he was released from City to the Ivory Coast
I know its irrelevant
no, his ban would be for the next game

BlueAnorak said:
Marvin said:
Poor game, but we won and we know we can play so much better

Navas was our best attacking threat and I thought Fernando did very well defensively. We had a lot of players pressing forward but he snuffed most of their counter-attacks before they got off the ground, and also made a great tackle when I thought they were going to score in the 2nd half

City crowd was dead. Great turnout, but so quiet. Knew it would be with no South Stand.

Strange that I thought Fernando was woeful. A bit of a headless chicken. One of the players at fault for their goal through not getting back quickly enough.

Till the last 20 mins - not enough pace, not passing across the pitch quickly enough , not enough shooting, not enough players running at the opposition (Navas apart) and zero overlapping. Sagna and Kolarov were woeful in this respect today.
Fernando did nothing going forward, but I thought he did a brilliant job defensively and I think it was him who made a great saving tackle in the 2nd half.

Only Navas of the attacking players did his job well, and of the defensive players, I thought Fernando was the best.

There goal was well taken but he had so much space to take that shot. At the time I thought it was Sagna who should have picked him up, but I'll have to watch it again on TV

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.