City vs Sheffield Wednesday Post Match

If there's any Wednesday fans reading, great turnout and support for your team today.

Put us to shame. It's not normally like that at the Etihad, but it doesn't help when the away fans take over the home end

pudge said:
Not sure how the winner is deemed "questionable"

1) Milner is behind the ball when Navas crosses it

2) The Wednesday defender is the one who flicked the cross on

Is exactly why he is on-side. So who touches it, is immaterial.

Marvin said:
If there's any Wednesday fans reading, great turnout and support for your team today.

Put us to shame. It's not normally like that at the Etihad, but it doesn't help when the away fans take over the home end
speak for yourself

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
pudge said:
Not sure how the winner is deemed "questionable"

1) Milner is behind the ball when Navas crosses it

2) The Wednesday defender is the one who flicked the cross on

Is exactly why he is on-side. So who touches it, is immaterial.
To be fair, it would still be possible to be offside if Silva were to have touched it even if Jimmy was behind the ball initially but as has been pointed out there where 2 Wednesday players between Milner and the goal after the flick on.

[bigimg]http://i57.tinypic.com/54sr9e.jpg[/bigimg]

Didsbury Dave said:
oasis-city-greek-fan said:
Well without Silva and Nasri we were not a team.No connection no plan.The distance between the players was long.Everyone was trying to do his thing,his inspiration but nothing was going right.Too many wrong passes. They hardly manage to control the ball so to make a chance was looking as a mountain to climb.Eveyone was looking to be in his worst day.The most amazing is that the 2 goals- Milner until the playmakers come in was out of the game, he touched the ball only a few times.
After this i understand why Pellegrini used Silva against Newcastle for the CA cup

Was there a bigger attendance than the PL games ? Why is that ? Cheaper tickets ?

It was full, just like all the premier league games are. It seems like some of our fans are buying the man united myths.

The only premier league game we haven't sold out in four years was the end of season dead rubber after we'd lost the FA cup final. We have sold out every FA cup tie since we won it in 2011.

Good point about silva, though. He's your nearest thing to a 'guarantee' of a win. He will make a bad team good.

I don t buy anything...i m just watching from the TV.Cheers

squirtyflower said:
Marvin said:

speak for yourself

I've never been 'shamed' for support at a City match! The away support at The Etihad always sounds impressive because they are all of a piece, together, solid!

WednesdayFan said:
I was surprised by our own performance today. Our manager had massive balls to go 4-4-2 in the first half, and it paid off. Our big man took his goal well. None of us thought we'd even score today. We've scored 18 in the league this season. Goals are not our thing. We defended very well & some of your guys being 'off colour' helped slightly. But we were never really threatened in the first half...you didn't get a shot on target & we had you rattled.

But the 2nd half showed a lot. You brought on Silva and Nasri. We brought on a striker who has scored four in a year. The gulf between us and the top end of the Prem is too big. I think it's wrong that the likes of City and Chelsea, and United in the past, can just buy their way to the top. It makes the premier league very boring and the lower leagues a bit...pointless. We're 10 points off of the play offs right now. But the discussion on our forums are now 'do we even want promotion' - it's an achievement, and great for a while. But what are you playing for in the Premier League...to stay up. At best consolidate and remain forever mid-table like Stoke? You're certainly not playing to win it anymore, unless you have billions in the bank. I prefer the championship in all honesty. I don't want to get promoted and have to watch us defend like fuck for 90 minutes over and over again. But that's a discussion for another day I suppose.

I'll remain gutted for a while but onwards and upwards. Today was massive progress for us.

Yawn.

Well done today but you forgot Arsenal and Liverpool in that.

Bilboblue said:
WednesdayFan said:
I was surprised by our own performance today. Our manager had massive balls to go 4-4-2 in the first half, and it paid off. Our big man took his goal well. None of us thought we'd even score today. We've scored 18 in the league this season. Goals are not our thing. We defended very well & some of your guys being 'off colour' helped slightly. But we were never really threatened in the first half...you didn't get a shot on target & we had you rattled.

But the 2nd half showed a lot. You brought on Silva and Nasri. We brought on a striker who has scored four in a year. The gulf between us and the top end of the Prem is too big. I think it's wrong that the likes of City and Chelsea, and United in the past, can just buy their way to the top. It makes the premier league very boring and the lower leagues a bit...pointless. We're 10 points off of the play offs right now. But the discussion on our forums are now 'do we even want promotion' - it's an achievement, and great for a while. But what are you playing for in the Premier League...to stay up. At best consolidate and remain forever mid-table like Stoke? You're certainly not playing to win it anymore, unless you have billions in the bank. I prefer the championship in all honesty. I don't want to get promoted and have to watch us defend like fuck for 90 minutes over and over again. But that's a discussion for another day I suppose.

I'll remain gutted for a while but onwards and upwards. Today was massive progress for us.

Yawn.

Well done today but you forgot Arsenal and Liverpool in that.
and Spurs, who do it to largely win f**k all.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
squirtyflower said:
Marvin said:

speak for yourself

I've never been 'shamed' for support at a City match! The away support at The Etihad always sounds impressive because they are all of a piece, together, solid!

Exactly. I've sat in the away end at a silent Hillsborough loads of times whilst City fans raised the roof. That's football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.