City vs Sheffield Wednesday Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we won't take many risks tomorrow, and will play a strong team. Can see it being something like this:

Caballero
Sagna
Boyata
Mangala
Kolarov
Fernando
Toure
Lampard
Milner
Nasri
Jovetic

It looks like Sinclair is off to Villa in the coming days so we won't see him in the squad.

I think we will see a relatively strong team with hopefully two EDS players on the bench and getting some eventual game time.

-----------------Caballero-----------------
Sagna-Boyata-Demichelis-Kolarov
------------Fernando--Yaya-------------
Nasri---------Lampard----------Milner
-------------------Jovetic-------------------

Strong rumours doing the rounds in Sheffield that both Westwood (knee) and Kirkland (concussion) are OUT for tomorrows game.
This would mean our 3rd choice keeper Cameron Dawson would be called upon. He's been capped at England under 20(?) level but has never made a senior appearance for us. Promising keeper but not who I would want in net coming up against your lot....regardless of whether you play first string or 96th string.

Hopefully it's bollocks though & at least one of our senior keepers are fit.
Otherwise no real injury concerns but we have lost our two best players who have returned to their parent clubs.

I'd love to think we'd give you a game tomorrow...I really would. But I've got a bad feeling we're in for another battering.
Time will tell.

UTO!

Ric said:
Think we won't take many risks tomorrow, and will play a strong team. Can see it being something like this:

Caballero
Sagna
Boyata
Mangala
Kolarov
Fernando
Toure
Lampard
Milner
Nasri
Jovetic

I don't think you're far out. I think he will start Silva because he's the closest thing we have to a guaranteed match winner, and he's not played that much football. I think that MDM for boyata and silva for lampard will be our team.

I'd be happy with that. Having a week off has a big influence on the team picked, as does the imminent return of a few players. I think that means he will pick a strong team and look to remove three of them, rather than pick a weak team with big guns on the bench/

I think having beaten them 7-0 without Silva last time out, he won't play in this.

My guess would be

Caballero
Sagna
Boyota
Mangala
Kolorov
Fernando
Yaya
Lampard
Milner
Pozo
Jovetic.

Helpfully for us, I noticed Everton don't play until Tuesday and have a tricky tie so should play a strong team.

Ric said:

Caballero
Sagna
Boyata
Mangala
Kolarov
Fernando
Toure
Lampard
Milner
Nasri
Jovetic

I think he will go with this except MDM for Managala.

Caballero
Sagna Boyata MDM Kolarov
Fernando yaya
milner lampard nasri
jovetic

although a strongish team, it is still 6 or 7 from our first 11 and we saw in the last couple of seasons against Watford, Blackburn, Wigan how much we struggle with this level of team

just hope he doesnt risk Silva again

Reading the last few pages of this thread, Pellers is dammed if he does and damed if he doesn't. Some need to make their minds up whether we commit to this cup and risk injury, or protect our first team and risk embarrassment. Whatever Pellers does, I'm sure he has the clubs best interests at heart and I will sing lound and proud for whoever is on the pitch today.

The main players I'd be looking to protect, whilst in our current injury predicament, are Silva and Jovetic.

I'll be disappointed at the risk being taken if either of them start.

mosssideblue said:
Reading the last few pages of this thread, Pellers is dammed if he does and damed if he doesn't. Some need to make their minds up whether we commit to this cup and risk injury, or protect our first team and risk embarrassment. Whatever Pellers does, I'm sure he has the clubs best interests at heart and I will sing lound and proud for whoever is on the pitch today.

Of course we'll all get behind the team Pellegrini picks, but that doesn't stop people having an opinion. In my opinion, players like Silva and Nasri should be rested because my priority is the League, and the players have had a particularly busy period recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.