City vs Sheffield Wednesday Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluemooner91 said:
I don't really mind who is in the starting line up as long as Silva is not involved!!!!! We can't risk him.
The first name I'll be looing for on the team sheet is David Silva.

He can be subbed if we're comfortable. This is the FA Cup and o Aguero, no Dzeko, no Kompany. We need our best remaining players.

By the way if anyone is wondering there will be 5,485 Wednesday fans in South Stand today, and singles only remain on sale from the Ticket Office as at 10.30am

For me Silva should play without doubt. Its the FA cup and we should be going all out to win it.

Want to see Ambrose and Pozo today. if possible both on at the same time.

Can anyone tell me a little bit more about these two, who watch them regularly ? Especially Ambrose if possible

Dzeko injured in a warm up, as was Kolarov. Jovetic most recently injured in training. Silva and Aguero injured in totally blameless accidental incidents that could have happened in training as easily as they did in a game. Didn't Kompnay get injured celebrating against Southampton?

As someone has said, Pellegrini is dammed if he does, dammed if he doesn't.

Injuries can happen anywhere anytime. To blame a manager is just silly.

I'd personally have Silva on the bench.

Willy
Sagna Boyata Demichellis Kolarov
Fernando Milner
Nasri Ya Ya Pozo
Jovetic

Hart
Mangala
Silva
Navas
Fernandinho
Zaba
Celina/Ambrose

Would not risk yaya against the likes of SW. If he gets a long term injury from this, we going to pay for it dearly. Milner can do the job in CM plus he is desperate for playing time.

Bluemooner91 said:
I don't really mind who is in the starting line up as long as Silva is not involved!!!!! We can't risk him.

Silva will be a big loss if he goes out but at least we have Nasri. He might not be silva but he excels when he is the lone creative spark (well aside from yaya who plays deeper) and has stepped up in Silva's absence.

On the other hand, If yaya goes out, we have nobody remotely close to replacing all the things he does on the pitch.

jared said:
Would not risk yaya against the likes of SW. If he gets a long term injury from this, we going to pay for it dearly. Milner can do the job in CM plus he is desperate for playing time.

Yaya will play because he is going to ACON afterwards and the only reason he hasn't joined up with the Ivory Coast team now is because he has been given permission to play in this game.

I was hoping maybe to see one EDS player in the first 11 and maybe two on the bench. Personally I don't think it would be a big gamble. All we know is Bersant Celina is in the squad as he tweeted it, which leads me to believe he is the only one has I haven't seen tweets from any other EDS player.

Anyway, I will be going and cheering on the team, even if I have had a moan about the omission of some EDS youngsters for this game.

personally i would risk as little of the first team as possible, dont forget the these the championship teams play hard and in ya face football, last thing i want to see is injuries,, sadly fa and league cups have become less important over the years, something i dont agree with but its what has happened.
these days its all about the league and europe. used to love fa day, tv was dominated with a day full of fa cup related programs, all gone now
i probs get shot down for this, but its my view

Hoping to see at least one youngster get game time today, I'm not expecting an EDS 11 but if we can't find room amongst our squad for a youngster to get game time against what will likely be a second string Sheffield Wednesday outfit we have serious fucking problems.

We know we will just wear them down in the first half with possession. Second half goalfest.
5-0. Will be a nice result. Not too embarrassing for Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.