City vs Sheffield Wednesday Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
="sam-caddick"]I want us to play two young lads in this game, maybe not both starting but at least rotating and having a half each.

I really do think it's wise to rest a few key players in this game with us having had a tough December with little rotation because of injuries, I wouldn't go over the top though.

I'd like to see Ambrose, heard a lot about him and seen him a few times for the EDS. Wasn't he on the bench a few matches ago? But I do think it'd be a good time to give him a bit of first team action, maybe Barker too.

Looking forward to another visit from Sheff Weds, great club with a fantastic support. Remembering a lot of their lads following England in the 70s and 80s enjoyed many a trip with them. We can't under estimate them in Sunday or it will be Newcastle all over again. Not going to be anything like the 7-0 and wouldn't be surprised if it something like 2-1 or 3-1 but it will be a noisy affair.

WednesdayFan said:
Wednesday fan in peace here.

Can't quite believe we've drawn you's again. Our luck is shocking!

In any case, I am hoping against hope that we give your lot a better game on Sunday. Anything less than 7-0 is progress, right?

We're going into this game after back to back wins. However we've lost, arguably, our two best players in Royston Drenthe and Lewis McGugan who have returned to their parent clubs. Our left back, Joe Mattock, is also out with a groin injury. However your ex player, Helan, is in terrific form and will fill in at left back.

I'm hoping that our manager takes this game seriously this time. You beat us 7-0 but that wasn't anywhere close to our strongest eleven. Our keeper has been our star player of the season. If he plays I'm confident that you won't get close to seven goals again.....

I'm looking forward to coming to the Etihad again. It was certainly an experience last time. Though I'm sat further back so hopefully won't have those pesky advertising boards flashing in my face every two minutes.

Best of luck for the season (after Sunday of course)

We won't take the game as won as last season we beat Wigan 5/0 in the League Cup but they beat us 2/1 in the FA Cup both at Home

Pell never goes mad with his withdrawal of players for non premier fixtures but i really think the players that are key to our premier league effectiveness ie Nasri Silva zab Fernandinho should sit this one out for more important challenges further down the line I'd play Yaya because he's off to the ACN anyway we should have more than enough to progress without adding to an already serious injury list.

We need to rest Merlin,Nasri,MDM,Zabs,Hart we cant afford to get these lads injured , Yaya to play before his sunshine break in Africa , the Everton game takes priority , But we should have enough , i expect a close game , with a few thousand wednesday fans singing wwywyws etc etc , got half a dozen tickets in Colin Bell level 2 , block 231 , grandsons 1st game of the season as well , come on you blue boys.

bluemoon98 said:
Marvin said:
Tellison87MCFC said:
Is the game sold out? Trying to book online won't let me choose seats keeps saying login to purchase. Even though i'm already logged in.
There are seats left in top few rows of 3rd tiers. I've had problems before trying to use mobile phone on the ticketing site, but been fine on a pc at home.

I just tried looking at your problem and choose seats is blacked out and can't do anything, surely it cant be sold out? try again later though

Apparently you have to phone or go down to the stadium personally for extra tickets. They are not allowing it on the website in case they are bought by Sheffield Wednesday fans.

I do hope a couple of the youngsters are given a chance

My team would be:

Hart

Sagna Boyata Demechilis Kolarov

Fernando Kean Bryan

Yaya

Milner Jovetic Brandon Barker

Subs: Caballero, Mangala, Clichy, Silva, Nasri, Navas, Thierry Ambrose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.