City vs Southampton FA Youth Cup 5th round

i think francis and the other full back looked very good tonight swell. we have so much talent, maybe this is why pep wants to stay longer ?

Thought Duhaney was good also. Really impressive performance from the team, made Southampton look rubbish and they are not a bad side at all

He's not ready to be in the first team squad, but he is probably ready for a debut.

In the u23's I think you can see he's got a bit to learn and he doesn't quite run rampage like he does in the u18 formats. He's still very good and one of the best on the pitch, but it's not like this when you feel it's unfair. When he is, and does it for half a season consistently then I think you can say he's no longer growing in the u23s and either has to step up or have a loan.

You've got to remember he's 16. He's physically developed for a 16 year old playing against 18,19,20, 21 year olds, but he's still a child.
Yep this 100%

Absolute joy to watch.

Sancho, Foden & Brahim are the stars, but thought Dele-Bashiru showed bags of potential, as did most others to be honest.

Could this team be our 'class of 92' and result in 5 or 6 first teamers? I guess it doesn't really work like that anymore and we have others in different age groups that warrant a chance too.

But I don't think many teams have that kind of chemistry and control of a football match. Really incredible stuff.
So long as they keep their heads, it's hard to see how any of the players that started that match won't at least make a good career for themselves, which in itself is a success. They're so far ahead of their peers.

Great advert for the development of the club tonight. With a little bit more luck and composure the score could well have been in double figures.
This team are the one to beat in this years competition. Fingers crossed they go all the way. Well done boys.

Brrrrr chilly Willy out there, awesome performance, how that lad who was carried off wasn't given a red streacher or not was a disgrace.

We were worth 7/8-0.

So long as they keep their heads, it's hard to see how any of the players that started that match won't at least make a good career for themselves, which in itself is a success. They're so far ahead of their peers.

Yep. As long as they all continue to work hard and stay professional, I'd say every single one of those players has a huge chance of a career.

Thoroughly enjoyed that yet again.
Could have been 8-0. Thought Nmecha should have had a hatrick and Dele Bahiru missed a couple too.
Everyone of them is comfortable on the ball.

Question to those in the know.
My first thought when Foden was substituted was.....could he be in the running for inclusion in Saturdays squad..
I thought he was running the show at the time. The game was won obviously.
Was he being rested?
Am I reading to much into it?

Thought the same when Sancho was taken off too.
Could we hope to see a couple of them in the squad?

Thoughts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.