City vs. Sporting CP Post-Match Discussion Thread

Andouble said:
at the very least hopefully it re-kick starts Sergio, we need him to get back into form desperately with no one else consistently doing the business for us.

i thought the same thing. the only positive though.

From where I was sat introducing Dzeko changed the game and having three forwards gave Aguero the room to play as an out and out winger (I know he isn't one technically). Kolo Toure was actually far worse than Savic. Don't get how Milner never gets a start and maybe Silva needs a massive rest. Balotelli is quite often a total passenger too.

It's easy to have a go at Mancini but I think for how much he's improved the club already he deserves at least another season. Does anyone think we'd be a point behind with just one more back-up defender, instead of a guy who got himself banned for six months (Not even a truly excellent one, just a Samba, Kaboul, Hangeland level guy) and more importantly 30 million pounds-worth of striker that hadn't pissed off home?

So proud of City tonight in the end.

FantasyIreland said:
Carl_Man_City said:
Hopefully its a kick up the arse for us.

Kolarov was oustanding, embarrased Johnson when it came to his delivery.

Kolarov was shite,his job is to defend,he couldn't do so if his life depended on it and it's a big reason why we are out of another competition.

He was our only outlet going forward in that 2nd half. Worked his bollocks off running up and down that flank all game.

But yet again he's bluemoon's scapegoat.

80s Shorts said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
80s Shorts said:
And you dont believe, with the squad of players we have that there is no possibility that can be turned around ?
We have had nearly 5 months to turn it around and haven't been able to.

Lost 4 away league games in 5 months. Go wobble ur head.
Played 9 Won 3 drawn 2 lost 4.

That's after I've given my head a wobble. That's why I think we can't win the last 4 away.

FantasyIreland said:
Carl_Man_City said:
Hopefully its a kick up the arse for us.

Kolarov was oustanding, embarrased Johnson when it came to his delivery.

Kolarov was shite,his job is to defend,he couldn't do so if his life depended on it and it's a big reason why we are out of another competition.
i agree. 2nd goal was his fault. He only came good when we really pushedon and he became a winger. Maybe he should play there instead of fullback, like Bale.

Very dissapointed with the first half display, just couldnt quite put my finger on why it was going wrong! Think it was litteraly was just down to lack of effort!

Very happy with the second half tho. They showed fight, passion, effort, but it just wasnt quite enough! Im afraid they need to do that for more than just 30 mins! Just wasnt good enough.

Good things is, we finished off the game fighting which hopefully means we have the momentum to win our remaining games! We need to win this league'

Come on Roberto, get them fighting right to the end!

CTID!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
80s Shorts said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Spin what? we have 24 points from 30

chelsea and stoke hold no fear for me - get that mentality out of your head pal- this isn't city of 10 years ago, we'll hit our stride and if it comes up short then we come back stronger for it next year.... too many spoilt fuckers not appreciating that Mancini has turned us into title contenders in 2 years, it's a work in progress, no spin, only facts!

Absolutely. Theres too many kids on here who havent the foggiest about football. I will be gutted if them lot win it but it will be with the knowledge that we will be challenging for honours for years to come.

Exactly - i've waited long enough, another year or so isn't gonna kill me - these are the same people who develop scroogisms in later life because they couldn't wait to see what they had under the christmas tree!

I'm surprised people who have followed City for so long would so easily forget that City was a loser for soooooooo long and would have some patience. I've followed a loser for quite a long time in another sport, and these things take time. Master Plans are not executed overnight, they take time. They take perseverance, and commitment to a vision. We need to trust our owners vision and realize getting drummed out of Europa isn't the worst thing to happen to City. WE PLAYED IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE THIS YEAR! I mean come on! Who would have thought 7 years ago that realistically City would make it into the champions league! We'll be there next year too for crying out loud. Patience and Perspective is what's required of us right now. Patience and Perspective.

WTF with the first half tactics? Yaya's playing DM and Pizzaro's out left somewhere. Second half Nige comes on and frees up Yaya, then Nasri comes on for Pizzaro, job done. But why start like we did?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.