City vs. Sporting CP Post-Match Discussion Thread

The only positive tonight was that we didn't lose the game. Forget the fight back, the last time we were down at half time was against united, we got two goals back with 10 men and claimed a moral victory? We have been shocking for the last 225 mins of football. Sporting got 10 men behind the ball second half so it was inevitable that we would score. I think we will beat Chelski but fear the worst against Arse and Stoke away.

I predict at least four points behind come the derby..

DalbeyINUK said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
80s Shorts said:
Absolutely. Theres too many kids on here who havent the foggiest about football. I will be gutted if them lot win it but it will be with the knowledge that we will be challenging for honours for years to come.

Exactly - i've waited long enough, another year or so isn't gonna kill me - these are the same people who develop scroogisms in later life because they couldn't wait to see what they had under the christmas tree!

I'm surprised people who have followed City for so long would so easily forget that City was a loser for soooooooo long and would have some patience. I've followed a loser for quite a long time in another sport, and these things take time. Master Plans are not executed overnight, they take time. They take perseverance, and commitment to a vision. We need to trust our owners vision and realize getting drummed out of Europa isn't the worst thing to happen to City. WE PLAYED IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE THIS YEAR! I mean come on! Who would have thought 7 years ago that realistically City would make it into the champions league! We'll be there next year too for crying out loud. Patience and Perspective is what's required of us right now. Patience and Perspective.

We've never been losers mate.

The Ice Hockey thread is the other way.

bucks said:
WTF with the first half tactics? Yaya's playing DM and Pizzaro's out left somewhere. Second half Nige comes on and frees up Yaya, then Nasri comes on for Pizzaro, job done. But why start like we did?
Squad rotation. We have got a game in just under a week.

texas pete said:
80s Shorts said:
Spin what? we have 24 points from 30

chelsea and stoke hold no fear for me - get that mentality out of your head pal- this isn't city of 10 years ago, we'll hit our stride and if it comes up short then we come back stronger for it next year.... too many spoilt fuckers not appreciating that Mancini has turned us into title contenders in 2 years, it's a work in progress, no spin, only facts!

Absolutely. Theres too many kids on here who havent the foggiest about football. I will be gutted if them lot win it but it will be with the knowledge that we will be challenging for honours for years to come.

You must have been at York away then 80's to be as condescending as to refer to other posters as 'kids'? With no idea of how old they are?

There are a lot of kids on here. No condescension, just an observation. Simple really.

Well what a fucking second half of football that was , I have been a City fan for 31years and of late these past few weeks I have looked for my team to show there TRUE SELVES the team we all know they can be. I along with all of you saw that team tonight. We can win this fucking PREMIER LEAGUE . We all know this as fans watching the lads this season,BUT.
I think for the first time in a few weeks the squad now BELIEVE AGAIN . . . . I just have to say I am proud of the team as they showed us all they will fight for our dreams.

texas pete said:
DalbeyINUK said:
Exactly - i've waited long enough, another year or so isn't gonna kill me - these are the same people who develop scroogisms in later life because they couldn't wait to see what they had under the christmas tree!

I'm surprised people who have followed City for so long would so easily forget that City was a loser for soooooooo long and would have some patience. I've followed a loser for quite a long time in another sport, and these things take time. Master Plans are not executed overnight, they take time. They take perseverance, and commitment to a vision. We need to trust our owners vision and realize getting drummed out of Europa isn't the worst thing to happen to City. WE PLAYED IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE THIS YEAR! I mean come on! Who would have thought 7 years ago that realistically City would make it into the champions league! We'll be there next year too for crying out loud. Patience and Perspective is what's required of us right now. Patience and Perspective.

We've never been losers mate.

The Ice Hockey thread is the other way.

What does Ice Hockey have to do with anything?

And the club have had a losing mentality for quite a long time. *shrugs* not a big deal but it's a fact. Don't think of it like calling someone a loser, but a losing mentality. Which is pervasive and the number one thing our owners have been trying to change at the club.

80s Shorts said:
texas pete said:
80s Shorts said:

You must have been at York away then 80's to be as condescending as to refer to other posters as 'kids'? With no idea of how old they are?

There are a lot of kids on here. No condescension, just an observation. Simple really.

Well spellchecked.

my only problem is we started the game lobsided,
down the right we had micah and johnson but down the left only kolorov he was expected to do on his own down one side what two were doing up the other this has happened a few times this season and its made ak look like a **** . i do think that a few games this season we have looked like we only need to turn up and we win ( i know we won tonight )
hopefully we will watch the second half and see that the way forward for the last 10 games is get the ball in the box as soon as we can cos we have the strikers to win us every match we have left.
i believe we will still win this league but only if we attack like we did earlier on in the season .
ctid

We have had several kicks up the arse this season and have failed to learn and respond , you only have to look chelsea last night to see what it takes. When we played napoli everyone on here was saying what a great team napoli were. And when anyone dared to disagree were getting told to give there head a wobble, but truth is napoli were leading 3 1 last night and chelsea turned it round. We were trailing 1 0 to a shit team and still lost.truth is we have not got that kind of fight in us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.