City vs. Sporting CP Post-Match Discussion Thread

Re: at least we showed some bollocks

tom said:
yes at least we went out fighting

Too many fucking times we have gone out of a competition fighting

A team that is supposed to be as good as we are should not be fighting to stay in Europa league ties and Carling Cup games
Gone out fighting in every cup, i would rather go in fighting and not be in the need to fight back

Each time there have been other competitions like the Premiership and FA Cup which have got in the way, and injuries or suspensions or sendings off

You need a bit of luck and help from the fixture schedule

Of course we could and should have done better in the League and Europa League. We should really not have lost to Napoli away either (too adevanturous

Fighting for half an hour of a two leg tie does not count as going out fighting in my book. You 'go out fighting' after giving it your all, usually against a stronger team. Not by having the piss taken out of you by a much weaker team for 80% of the tie and then deciding to give it a go

The Fat el Hombre said:
Fighting for half an hour of a two leg tie does not count as going out fighting in my book. You 'go out fighting' after giving it your all, usually against a stronger team. Not by having the piss taken out of you by a much weaker team for 80% of the tie and then deciding to give it a go

Couldn't agree more.

The Fat el Hombre said:

Agreed its almost like we were trying to throw the competition. Hope we dont regret this and go on and win the title.

jonmcity said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Agreed its almost like we were trying to throw the competition. Hope we dont regret this and go on and win the title.

Would have drawn Metalist Kharkiv in the Quarter Finals too, which on paper is the easiest draw we could have got.

Matty said:
jonmcity said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Would have drawn Metalist Kharkiv in the Quarter Finals too, which on paper is the easiest draw we could have got.

In reality though it way out in the Ukraine which makes the away leg a pain in the ass and poor old Mario would of blown up like a balloon again

heroic failure yet again

bored with that now

heroic success far better ta

We would have got one of the easiest teams left too, Metalist Kharkiv! Although some BMers would have been complaining about a trip to Ukraine for the players. :P

watching the highlights for the first time, both of Aguero's finishes were of the highest quality. What technique. Hope this gets him going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.