City vs. Sporting CP Post-Match Discussion Thread

Checked in here for the first time in a few days. Seems that been a fingertip away from one of the greatest comebacks ever is shit, we're shit and there are major problems in the team.

I'm so much happier not reading here.

ID70 said:
Can we have a whip round so that we can buy Mario a new pair of boots, preferably ones with a decent pair of studs. Every game without fails he slips, slides and falls constantly, and recently a number of times when he would have been clean through. You'd think for £200+ you could get a pair that would allow you to stand on your feet.

Haha he needs Sergio's boots. Kun stumbles a bit sometimes but never goes down!

JBG said:
ID70 said:
Can we have a whip round so that we can buy Mario a new pair of boots, preferably ones with a decent pair of studs. Every game without fails he slips, slides and falls constantly, and recently a number of times when he would have been clean through. You'd think for £200+ you could get a pair that would allow you to stand on your feet.

*thinks back to that incredibly dodgy penalty decision*

Andouble said:
so Mario suspended for our next CL game.

If he is, it's nothing new :p

pudge said:
JBG said:
ID70 said:

*thinks back to that incredibly dodgy penalty decision*

Wasn't up the boots, it was a dive :)

This match was further confirmation that Johnson, Savic and Kolo cannot play any of the 10 remaining matches, clearly not good enough and there's not much else to say.

As for Pizarro, I thought he was dreadful. I can begin to see why he couldn't get a game at Roma, he looks well past it. 10 minutes against a tired, 10-man Porto was good, this was a proper match and he was awful. That should be his last action for us.

Silva and Richards look really struggling physically. De Jong must play every match. I'm no fan of Dzeko but he did really well when he came on, worked hard and made a difference. Aguero is a pint-sized titan, incredibly powerful.

Pizarro should not start anymore games for us. He will only benefitnthe team if he is coming off the bench for 20 mins to let another player have a rest. Then look what happens, a goal and an assist like against porto

Nobody has mentioned the Norwegian referee. Anybody else would have booked Mario for his first half tantrum. Whacking the ball high into the crowd after messing up a chance. He could easily have been red carded before half time. Kolarov and Yaya were likewise fortunate. Otherwise, we need Nigel to play every game from now onwards.

What a shame it was to see us come out looking so lethargic again last night. 1 nil down against a much weaker side I was hoping that we might come out fired up and rattle them, but once again we looked flat with a number of players looking like they were going through the motions. The body language of some players in the first half was shocking. Sergio was lifeless and Yaya was booked after 10 minutes or so which was down to frustration. Why is he so frustrated 10 minutes in when it was nil nil? Silva also looked a very frustrated figure so it wasn't just Yaya having a mood. We've got a team of players playing well within themselves and it's been like this for a few games now. The comeback papered over the cracks of what was another dire performance, totally lacking intent and completely devoid of ideas. Our attack looked completely impotent that first half, just as it did for the full matches against Swansea and lisbon away.

Worrying times and mancini needs to sort it out fast. We've lost all momentum and will need a big effort to beat Chelsea on Wednesday. My worry is we will lose sight of united over the next 4 or 5 games. Only hope of winning the league is tevez at this point. Sad state of affairs

Despite going out of the competition I'm glad I went. I wouldn't have missed that first half (Pizarro?) corner for the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.