City vs. Sporting CP Post-Match Discussion Thread

Re: Playing Yaya In De Jong's Defensive Role Is Not The Way To..

jrb said:
go.

There were certain things wrong tonight, especially in the first 45 minutes, but the most obvious was playing Yaya as the holding/defensive midfielder in front of the back four.

Bobby. Please don't do it again this season. Let Yaya do what he's best at. I know what it is, other City fans know what it is, and you should know what it is by now.

it won us a trophy last season and it could just do the same this season

Unleash the Beast!

I'm sure he knows this already. I mean, before Mancini started playing him there regularly, a lot of people thought he was just another defensive midfielder, City fans included.

Where were his runs tonight?

Even in the 2nd half he didn't put in any of those trademark dashes, which often produce goal scoring opportunities for him and others!

Can we have the old Yaya back please! (And the old DS if at all possible!)

Yaya is not a headless chicken.

He will run if there is a good opportunity to or if there is open space to exploit.

For me the issue was playing two creative midfielders in Pizarro and Silva rate them both but one or the other in my opinion. It meant Yaya was in defensive midfield and since he came to the club he has been much better further forward. It's no coincidence we looked more of a threat when De Jong came on allowing Yaya to move forward

Can we have a whip round so that we can buy Mario a new pair of boots, preferably ones with a decent pair of studs. Every game without fails he slips, slides and falls constantly, and recently a number of times when he would have been clean through. You'd think for £200+ you could get a pair that would allow you to stand on your feet.

Joga Bonito said:
Sporting fans online are serious cnuts, hope they get battered next round

(funniest comment was "Mr. muburak ur millions cant buy history...when u get bored come 2 sporting")

Hilarious, couldn't even hide his true feelings for a full sentence.

ID70 said:
Can we have a whip round so that we can buy Mario a new pair of boots, preferably ones with a decent pair of studs. Every game without fails he slips, slides and falls constantly, and recently a number of times when he would have been clean through. You'd think for £200+ you could get a pair that would allow you to stand on your feet.

It wasn't that he slipped but that his first touch was awful and then he slppied a bit (did he reallY) trying to retrieve it.Dzeko gets serious stick at times for having a poor touch which is deserved but maybe it's Mario that's been giving him lessons.At least twice tonight when he would have been one on one with the keeper and he did the same against Swansea. Worst of all they have all been with the score at nil nil.

Great pen but he had a mare.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.