City Vs Spuds Post Match Discussion thread

Re: Im glad that game clears a few things up

Lucky13 said:
spurspinter1 said:
lee-mcfc said:
p.s where are all the spurs fans gone from here? helllooooooooo

Most of the Spurs fans that frequent this board have posted here since the defeat. But at the moment much of what is said if being shouted down presumably by 12 year old keyboard warriors so there isn't much point for the time being.

How's Harry's court case going?

I believe there is a seperate thread for that.

Two things that really stand out about that final sequence:

1) I'm not sure if it's Assou-Ekotto or Piennar, but right before the final ball is drilled in, the ball is rolling out and the Spurs player very strangely opts to keep it in play, saves it, then even more inexplicably just hoofs it up the field to our defense. One of those outrageously curious plays that wouldn't be noticed if it hadn't been for our turning it into a last second goal. An incredibly silly and costly play, however. My thanks to the Spurs player.

2) What a fucking ball by Clichy. He's put in a really awkward position and my god what an incredible ball played forward (i think with his off foot? from memory) into an extremely dangerous position. It's probably a bit much to say he picked Balo/Aguero and saw that opening, but at the very least he was able to drive a hell of a ball into a dangerous area in a desperate time, and it all worked out perfectly. A truly phenomenal bit of personal effort and skill there.

dave_blue12 said:
IBlue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Arsenal are the best side to visit us this season.

Spurs were not even better than Newcastle, who at least came to attack.

Spurs are plodders in midfield and always relying on the ball over the top or the diagonal crossfield.

Team of myths

Completely agree with this, the football they played was predictable with players running in straight lines and when their main attacking threats, Bale and Lennon, come up against equally fast players, Richards and Clichy, they become very long ball orientated. This actually resulted in their first goal, they got lucky and i honestly believe if we had held out for a few more minutes we would have put 4 past them.

It is a myth this great footballing team and how some pundits are advocating that they were the better team and deserved at least a draw are completely forgetting the 1st half because of Spurs passive play. We created at least 3 good chances and got into good positions a few other occasions.

On another note can anyone remember Joe having to make a save?

Must say though Bale's goal was ace! (though not as good as Nasri's). Biased view there by the way!

Totally agree.

MoTD had a real struggle to make Spurs look good for one very good reason. They were really quite poor !

City played all the football but it is a little worrying that we didn't dispatch them 3 - 0 which would have been a good reflection of the game.

Never mind Vinny, Kolo & Yaya will be back soon ;-)

Both goals unfortunately came from Savic mistakes,but hey shit happens and we still won..Savic is young and will learn..

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Spurs are plodders in midfield and always relying on the ball over the top or the diagonal crossfield.

Team of myths

Seriously?

We came within a hairs breadth of beating you. If Defoe's legs had been an inch longer we would be talking about one of the great comebacks in Premier League history.

Man City have won everyone of their home games and we pushed you right to the very last.

I can't imagine that your players and fans have been more delirious at winning a home game this season than they were after 94 minutes yesterday.

We gave you one hell of a game, I don't see how any sane person could deny that.

Where was Hugh Ferris yesterday, BTW? Has he been given the boot or did he have some other commitment? Prefer Danny and Natalie hosting, tbh.

Re: Im glad that game clears a few things up

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Bale is 'alright' - nothing special

Maybe ask your captain on the day what he thinks about Bale.

He'd walk ino your team.

Awseome player.

yido in briefs said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Team of myths

Seriously?

We came within a hairs breadth of beating you. If Defoe's legs had been an inch longer we would be talking about one of the great comebacks in Premier League history.

Man City have won everyone of their home and we pushed you right to the very last.

I can't imagine that your players and fans have been more delirious at winning a home game this season than they were after 94 minutes yesterday.

We gave you one hell of a game, I don't see how any sane person could deny that.
If my Aunt had a dick.....

yido in briefs said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Team of myths

Seriously?

Man City have won everyone of their home games and we pushed you right to the very last.

You're not a bad team - you pass quickly and the players move well off the ball - and I'd rather have you up there than Arsenal or Lverpool but until we went 2 up you hadn't troubled Joe Hart in the slightest. Then we gifted you a goal and that got you back in the game, we went to pieces a bit and yes you could have won it. However Arsenal fought us all the way and were a serious threat for the whole of the 90 minutes whereas you were for no more than 10-15 minutes.

Prestwich_Blue said:
yido in briefs said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Team of myths

Seriously?

You're not a bad team - you pass quickly and the players move well off the ball - and I'd rather have you up there than Arsenal or Lverpool but until we went 2 up you hadn't troubled Joe Hart in the slightest. Then we gifted you a goal and that got you back in the game, we went to pieces a bit and yes you could have won it. However Arsenal fought us all the way and were a serious threat for the whole of the 90 minutes whereas you were for no more than 10-15 minutes.

You scored once from open play. You were hardly battering the door down before Silva played in Nasri were you?

article-2090496-116B6080000005DC-30_468x336.jpg

terrific!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.