City Vs Spuds Post Match Discussion thread

Pigeonho said:
yido in briefs said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Arsenal are the best side to visit us this season.

Spurs were not even better than Newcastle, who at least came to attack.

Spurs are plodders in midfield and always relying on the ball over the top or the diagonal crossfield.

Team of myths

Seriously?

We came within a hairs breadth of beating you. If Defoe's legs had been an inch longer we would be talking about one of the great comebacks in Premier League history.

Man City have won everyone of their home and we pushed you right to the very last.

I can't imagine that your players and fans have been more delirious at winning a home game this season than they were after 94 minutes yesterday.

We gave you one hell of a game, I don't see how any sane person could deny that.
If my Aunt had a dick.....

Yes.....but the point still stands that we were unlucky to lose and you were extremely fortunate to get the win.

You should have had two players sent off for a start. I’m not going to argue about the decisions (no doubt you’ve convinced yourself that both Lescott and Balo are entirely innocent) suffice to say that if those two players had got away with the same acts of violence in a Utd shirt you’d all be crying conspiracy and corruption.

You're the better team and I'm quite convinced that you will beat Utd to the title but a little humility and respect for opponents who gave you one hell of a game wouldn't go amiss.

Muzza said:
article-2090496-116B6080000005DC-30_468x336.jpg

terrific!

Incredibly guilty!

yido in briefs said:
Man City have won everyone of their home games...I don't see how any sane person could deny that.

Yes, you are correct.

samharris said:
Both goals unfortunately came from Savic mistakes,but hey shit happens and we still won..Savic is young and will learn..
This is Bollocks. I know it is kosher to pick on Savic now, but how was the second goal come from Savic's mistake?

Besides, let's be frank here, even on the first goal, Savic was the smarter of the 2 CD's. The rule is quite simple: When there is no pressure on the ball, Defenders are supposed to drop off.
Question: Who was Lescott defending? Why was he so high up the field "guarding No One" While there was clearly no pressure on Kaboul. Why didn't he retreat and play support. Of the 2 CD's it was Savic who made the right decision and dropped off. Granted, as the ball was launched up field, he panicked and attempted to jump for a header instead of running with Defoe. Which would have been the better option.

A few minutes after the tactical mistake of Lescott, the same scenario was repeated again. There was no pressure on Kaboul, and Lescott did not drop off, AGAIN. This time, Defoe rounded him, and had had the ball not slip away from him, he would have gotten a tight corner shot off.

But notice where Savic was on the play. Dropped off and ready to play support.

Now fast forward to the play that led to our goal. BAE from the corner, AGAIN, without pressure, hoofs one into our area, the idea had worked 2ice and produced one goal so they went back to it, but see how it was defended. Both Savic and Lescott drop off, Savic tracking the striker, Lescott behind the 2 towards the Center. Savic was able to head the ball and Clichy clear it for our chance. Even if Savic had been beaten by the flight of the ball, Lescott would have easily cleaned up. That is sound tactial defending.

So, I wince when I hear so much vitriol being heaped at Savic. Yes he made a technical mistake, but the tactical blunder, and in my opinion, the bigger mistake, was Lescott's on the first goal. And neither player was at fault for the second...

Anyway, my opinion on the issue of CD's is quite well known. We just don't have 2 good enough ones. Perhaps we can get away with it and winning the BPL this season, but the talent at that position is grossly lacking when compared to anywhere else on the field.

Humility?

Ha ha that's rich coming from a team who are worse losers than the rags.

Fucking long may the winning streak continue against the spivs of WHL.

Let Arry,VDV,Bale keep doing our team talk for us...

Thursday nights on channel 5...Try Tuesday spuds...Utter wankers.

yido in briefs said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Spurs are plodders in midfield and always relying on the ball over the top or the diagonal crossfield.

Team of myths

Seriously?

We came within a hairs breadth of beating you. If Defoe's legs had been an inch longer we would be talking about one of the great comebacks in Premier League history.

Man City have won everyone of their home games and we pushed you right to the very last.

I can't imagine that your players and fans have been more delirious at winning a home game this season than they were after 94 minutes yesterday.

We gave you one hell of a game, I don't see how any sane person could deny that.

Missing the point, we have been forced to listen to incessant bleatings about the quality of Spurs football, (to be fair not just from Spurs fans) and was expecting a lot more. The movement was predictable and the touch was not good from your players. Your first shot on target was the Defoe goal and i honestly think you got lucky from a long punt upfield and this give you the momentum which can happen at any level. I just think we have had other teams at the Etihad who have played better football, I won't mention who.

The game itself was great not least due to some dodgy defending on both sides which was culpable to two of the goals. However I don't understand how the 1st half has been wiped from memory and City creating quite a few good situations and looking far superior to Spurs...Its a game of 2 halves.

I have also heard today that Adebayor would have made the difference and should have been allowed to play, to this I say that the rules state that he can't, and if he was allowed City would not have loaned him in the first place. Their is a way round this next year, stump up the 20m and pay him the 150k per week.

My only hope is that when you play the rags you don't do your usual roll over and have your tummy tickled.

yido in briefs said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Team of myths

Seriously?

Man City have won everyone of their home games and we pushed you right to the very last.

One of the greatest comebacks in premiership history! Really? Do you get a shiny trophy for that?

More seriously though,you should be more pissed of that your manager is a one trick pony,always has and always will be,VDV,Modric,Walker,I feel sick Lennon,Kaboul all fail on the big arena.Your best striker (A City player) wont sign for massive Tottenham,simply because the biggest clubs pay the biggest wages,and secondly Adebayor is a classic footballing mercenarie who yearns for AC Milan or Madrid.Defeats of that nature hurt,weve been there hundreds of times fella believe me but dont come on here claiming you should have won the game with some ifs and buts-If Adebayor had gome somewhere else on loan your club would be wanking about beating Arsenal in your cup final twice a season.

Arry,should learn to keep is gob firmly shut,mouthing off all week,disrepecting a Manager who has won trophys in two country's as both player and as manager,and secondly your fans,who through sheer jealousy harp on about City spending money,us being an unworthy small club,no history,shit fans,greedy money grabbing players etc etc blah blah fucking blah.Your club is going to borrow shit loads of money to build a new stadium,wheres all that money coming from?It aint self generated is it?

And yes,the game v Arsenal was much the better game,against a team who are technically far superior to "twat it down the line for monkey boy and lennon to chase" side that you are,hence when playing up against another superior side like us,your forced to play more through the middle,showing Modric and VDV for what they really are-useless in big games.

Anyway its Watford in the cup in your next biggest game,no doubt you will beat them to make you feel like your the best team in Europe again.

8-3

yido in briefs said:
Pigeonho said:
yido in briefs said:
Seriously?

Man City have won everyone of their home and we pushed you right to the very last.

Yes.....but the point still stands that we were unlucky to lose and you were extremely fortunate to get the win.

You should have had two players sent off for a start. I’m not going to argue about the decisions (no doubt you’ve convinced yourself that both Lescott and Balo are entirely innocent) suffice to say that if those two players had got away with the same acts of violence in a Utd shirt you’d all be crying conspiracy and corruption.

You're the better team and I'm quite convinced that you will beat Utd to the title but a little humility and respect for opponents who gave you one hell of a game wouldn't go amiss.

But you didn't give us one hell of a game !

How many saves did Joe Hart make ? But for City playing an inexperienced CB who gifted Spurs 2 chances you offered little threat. The MoTD highlights showed pretty much all Spurs highlights in a few seconds.

But for Savic we control the game and hit you on the break and win 3/4-0

I suggest you re-watch the game !

As for red cards - fuck off - Scott Parker shouldn't have been on the field for Balo to accidentally tread on him. How many fucking fouls did he commit ?

While I'm at it your Manager is a hypocritical, tax dodging, twitchy **** who should learn to keep his gob shut and who will hopefully get sent down very shortly.

As you might gather I really don't like Spurs !

yido in briefs said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Team of myths

Seriously?

If Savic´s head had been an inch bigger you would have lost 4-0 - make no mistake. At that point we had our foot on your throats and were going for the kill when Kaboul hoofed it for the umpteenth time

yido in briefs said:
Pigeonho said:
yido in briefs said:
Seriously?

I'd say also we were unlucky to be missing Kompany, but it doesn't change the fact that yesterday's game was fantastic and Tottenham Hotspurs are one of the two best footballing sides in England this season. You're right, mate. I don't want my team's absolute class to turn me into an arrogant rag. What your manager has done for Tottenham is nothing short of amazing. You have a great team, and some great players. I'd take Bale off you any day of the week.

In truth I'd like Tottenham to be up there in the new era of football that's on the horizon. Newcastle too, although I doubt that will happen. I want a totally new top 4 teams. Chances of that are slimmer than slim, I know, but it'd make me smile.

You must be buzzin with your team's progress, as I'm buzzin with City. Talk about exciting times. If Harry Rednapp gets sent down, though, your team is gonna be in a bit of trouble re staying in the top 4, I think. Whatever happens, it'll definitely show your character.

As for City, after the Everton game, we should have a relatively smoother run of fixtures for a while. I can't see us losing this title race. And I can't see myself NOT fainting, crying and having an orgasm if we win it on the Old Trafford game!

One of the best games this season, yesterday. I lost some hair but we came out on top. Game, mate. You were unlucky, no doubt about that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.