City Vs Spuds Post Match Discussion thread

Re: Agueros reaction to the penalty

Michael Corleone said:
Sorry if already posted but did anyone else notice Agueros mini dance celebration when we got awarded the penalty. Was absolutely hilarious and if anyone has a video of it, or could make a gif it would be very appreciated !

My son pointed that out to me on MOTD2 last night. Brilliant!!

Don't know what was better, Aguero's bouncing or the crowds bouncing!!

Chris in London said:
Frank H said:
balkanno said:
Why are you trolling? If ya can t contribute, don t post then.
Maybe I've completely misunderstood Balkanno's post, but isn't he saying the same thing as you? He said how is Dzeko expectinING (not 'expected') to get the ball, ie if you take up Dzeko's position, 19 times out of 20 it isn't going to come to you.

For Silva to find Dzeko from there, the ball has to get past 3 Spurs defenders, who would all then be between Dzeko and the goal. The only way Dzeko gets the ball from this position IMO is if Silva hits the post and the ball comes to Dzeko at just the right angle.

From there, IMO Dzeko should have been peeling off towards the penalty spot (but that would put him behind Aguero) or if he's going far post, get right on the shoulder for a tap in (like Defoe :-)) or to pressure the full back into an OG (as vs Villareal at home).

I'm not having a go a Dzeko because he did well for our first 2 goals, but for me ATM he isn't steaming into the 6 yard box trying to get on the end of things enough.

The next thing is people ll tell ya what did you though while writing your thoughts down. Nah, you didn t misunderstood, actually you got the point pretty good. Those situations in hes movement are one of hes biggest weaknesses, Dzeko seems ain t interessed into this, not allways but often. He just didn t followed Silva there, maybe he can t. Even tho there exactly same situations in the game where Dzeko looks deinteressed or ain t expecting the ball. This is big thing, we are talking coz those goals could give me the confidence nd he would leave a better picture of hes perfomance nd at the same time could try to developer as a footballer. I remember Benzema at Lyon coz, when he didn t got the Ball (or couldn t contribute) he worked hes ass off to get in a better position, nd he did score even having a horrible perfomance. I know it s not france, but ffs with those ball possession nd dominant gameplan he should do better in those situations.

Even with those low points i would play Dzeko over Balo.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Arsenal are the best side to visit us this season.

Spurs were not even better than Newcastle, who at least came to attack.

Spurs are plodders in midfield and always relying on the ball over the top or the diagonal crossfield.

Team of myths

Completely agree with this, the football they played was predictable with players running in straight lines and when their main attacking threats, Bale and Lennon, come up against equally fast players, Richards and Clichy, they become very long ball orientated. This actually resulted in their first goal, they got lucky and i honestly believe if we had held out for a few more minutes we would have put 4 past them.

It is a myth this great footballing team and how some pundits are advocating that they were the better team and deserved at least a draw are completely forgetting the 1st half because of Spurs passive play. We created at least 3 good chances and got into good positions a few other occasions.

On another note can anyone remember Joe having to make a save?

Must say though Bale's goal was ace! (though not as good as Nasri's). Biased view there by the way!

balkanno said:
The next thing is people ll tell ya what did you though while writing your thoughts down. Nah, you didn t misunderstood, actually you got the point pretty good. Those situations in hes movement are one of hes biggest weaknesses, Dzeko seems ain t interessed into this, not allways but often. He just didn t followed Silva there, maybe he can t. Even tho there exactly same situations in the game where Dzeko looks deinteressed or ain t expecting the ball. This is big thing, we are talking coz those goals could give me the confidence nd he would leave a better picture of hes perfomance nd at the same time could try to developer as a footballer. I remember Benzema at Lyon coz, when he didn t got the Ball (or couldn t contribute) he worked hes ass off to get in a better position, nd he did score even having a horrible perfomance. I know it s not france, but ffs with those ball possession nd dominant gameplan he should do better in those situations.

Even with those low points i would play Dzeko over Balo.
I think I now understand what you're getting at - although I'm not entirely sure.

If so, I apologise for initially misunderstanding your point - although I do have an excuse in that it's very rare for one of the pro-Dzeko brigade to be more critical of Edin than of his team mates.

I would agree with playing Dzeko over Balo at present. For various reasons - some very unfair - Mario is a marked man at present in the eyes of refs., the FA, opposing managers and players, the media etc. Edin doesn't have that baggage.

IBlue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Arsenal are the best side to visit us this season.

Spurs were not even better than Newcastle, who at least came to attack.

Spurs are plodders in midfield and always relying on the ball over the top or the diagonal crossfield.

Team of myths

Completely agree with this, the football they played was predictable with players running in straight lines and when their main attacking threats, Bale and Lennon, come up against equally fast players, Richards and Clichy, they become very long ball orientated. This actually resulted in their first goal, they got lucky and i honestly believe if we had held out for a few more minutes we would have put 4 past them.

It is a myth this great footballing team and how some pundits are advocating that they were the better team and deserved at least a draw are completely forgetting the 1st half because of Spurs passive play. We created at least 3 good chances and got into good positions a few other occasions.

On another note can anyone remember Joe having to make a save?

Must say though Bale's goal was ace! (though not as good as Nasri's). Biased view there by the way!

Totally agree.

MoTD had a real struggle to make Spurs look good for one very good reason. They were really quite poor !

City played all the football but it is a little worrying that we didn't dispatch them 3 - 0 which would have been a good reflection of the game.

Never mind Vinny, Kolo & Yaya will be back soon ;-)

Re: Im glad that game clears a few things up

lee-mcfc said:
p.s where are all the spurs fans gone from here? helllooooooooo

Most of the Spurs fans that frequent this board have posted here since the defeat. But at the moment much of what is said if being shouted down presumably by 12 year old keyboard warriors so there isn't much point for the time being.

spurspinter1 said:
lee-mcfc said:

Most of the Spurs fans that frequent this board have posted here since the defeat. But at the moment much of what is said if being shouted down presumably by 12 year old keyboard warriors so there isn't much point for the time being.
Ta ra then .

spurspinter1 said:
lee-mcfc said:

How's Harry's court case going?

Re: Agueros reaction to the penalty

northstandgiveusasong said:
Michael Corleone said:
Sorry if already posted but did anyone else notice Agueros mini dance celebration when we got awarded the penalty. Was absolutely hilarious and if anyone has a video of it, or could make a gif it would be very appreciated !

My son pointed that out to me on MOTD2 last night. Brilliant!!

Don't know what was better, Aguero's bouncing or the crowds bouncing!!
I think it told one thing, he is really excited and enjoing his time at City which can only be good news for us. Last time I saw anyone that excited about getting a pen was my lad when he played Sat mornings on the flats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.