City Vs Spuds Post Match Discussion thread

balkanno said:
Frank H said:
balkanno said:
this is what i don t understand, how the fooking hell is dzeko expecting to get the ball...this happends min 3 4 times a game.

j6o8s4.jpg
Because all the City attacking players - apart from the divine Dzeko - are sh*t! ;)

And some Dzeko "fans" wonder why there are anti-Dzeko posts and threads on this forum!

Why are you trolling? If ya can t contribute, don t post then.
If you think I'm "trolling", you obviously don't understand what you seem to be doing.

And your interesting "diagram" of something you claim happens 3-4 times every game, highlights another problem of the attitude of yourself and other Dzeko "fans".

What makes you think that in such situations a City player has always to consider simply Dzeko, and him alone?

This sort of attitude was shown in a recent post from a Dzeko fan. He congratulated Aguero for working hard to support Dzeko, and complained that he hadn't done so in previous matches.

Aguero (Nasri, Silva, Milner etc.) is not at Man.City primarily to "support" Dzeko - or any other individual City player, for that matter. He is not even at Man.City to play for himself. He is at City to play for City. If that involves supporting Dzeko, well and good. If it means, for the good of the team, sometimes neglecting Dzeko for a better placed teammate - or even being "selfish" and having a go himself - so be it.

You could use your "diagram" easily as well to argue "Why wasn't Dzeko more alert to the possibilities, and further forward (e.g. on the shoulder of the Spurs defender in your diagram)", especially if, as you claim, this happens 3-4 times a game! I won't use your diagram to claim this, as I believe Edin is a better player than this sort of criticism would suggest.

And perhaps you could take your Dzeko-coloured blinkers off, and consider that City do have at least a couple of other reasonable attacking players, who are not quite as bad as you and other Dzekolators seem to think they are.

Arsenal are the best side to visit us this season.

Spurs were not even better than Newcastle, who at least came to attack.

Spurs are plodders in midfield and always relying on the ball over the top or the diagonal crossfield.

Team of myths

Frank H said:
balkanno said:
Frank H said:
Because all the City attacking players - apart from the divine Dzeko - are sh*t! ;)

And some Dzeko "fans" wonder why there are anti-Dzeko posts and threads on this forum!

If you think I'm "trolling", you obviously don't understand what you seem to be doing.

And your interesting "diagram" of something you claim happens 3-4 times every game, highlights another problem of the attitude of yourself and other Dzeko "fans".

What makes you think that in such situations a City player has always to consider simply Dzeko, and him alone?

This sort of attitude was shown in a recent post from a Dzeko fan. He congratulated Aguero for working hard to support Dzeko, and complained that he hadn't done so in previous matches.

Aguero (Nasri, Silva, Milner etc.) is not at Man.City primarily to "support" Dzeko - or any other individual City player, for that matter. He is not even at Man.City to play for himself. He is at City to play for City. If that involves supporting Dzeko, well and good. If it means, for the good of the team, sometimes neglecting Dzeko for a better placed teammate - or even being "selfish" and having a go himself - so be it.

You could use your "diagram" easily as well to argue "Why wasn't Dzeko more alert to the possibilities, and further forward (e.g. on the shoulder of the Spurs defender in your diagram)", especially if, as you claim, this happens 3-4 times a game! I won't use your diagram to claim this, as I believe Edin is a better player than this sort of criticism would suggest.

And perhaps you could take your Dzeko-coloured blinkers off, and consider that City do have at least a couple of other reasonable attacking players, who are not quite as bad as you and other Dzekolators seem to think they are.

Maybe I've completely misunderstood Balkanno's post, but isn't he saying the same thing as you? He said how is Dzeko expectinING (not 'expected') to get the ball, ie if you take up Dzeko's position, 19 times out of 20 it isn't going to come to you.

For Silva to find Dzeko from there, the ball has to get past 3 Spurs defenders, who would all then be between Dzeko and the goal. The only way Dzeko gets the ball from this position IMO is if Silva hits the post and the ball comes to Dzeko at just the right angle.

From there, IMO Dzeko should have been peeling off towards the penalty spot (but that would put him behind Aguero) or if he's going far post, get right on the shoulder for a tap in (like Defoe :-)) or to pressure the full back into an OG (as vs Villareal at home).

I'm not having a go a Dzeko because he did well for our first 2 goals, but for me ATM he isn't steaming into the 6 yard box trying to get on the end of things enough.

Chris in London said:
Frank H said:
balkanno said:

Perhaps I've completely misunderstood Balkanno's post, but isn't that the point he was making? He said how was Dzeko expecting (not 'expected') to get the ball.

For Silva to hit Dzeko when he (Dzeko) is in that position, it's got to bear three Spuds defenders who would all then be between Dzeok and the goal. The only way it gets to Dzeko is if Silva hits the post and it comes back out at just the right angle.

If he's going to be at the far post he's got to be right on the shoulder of the last defender and either get a tap in (like Defoe ;-)) or put the full back under so much pressure that he maybe concedes an own-goal.
There's no way that Balkanno's post was meant as a criticism of Dzeko!!!

(Incidentally, English is not his first language - so don't put any weight on the difference between "expecting" and "expected")

Perhaps you haven't come across his posts on other threads. If this last post was really a criticism of Dzeko, and not of Aguero, Silva, Milner etc.etc., it would indicate a complete change of attitude almost as dramatic as the Apostle Paul on the road to Damascus.

There is a small, but very vocal, band of Dzeko-worshippers on this forum who are really just that. They aren't City fans, or even City sympathisers (like myself). Their posts involve not just excessive adulation of Dzeko, but frequent slagging off of other City players, especially attacking players.

It is because of them that there have been an excessive amount of pro- and anti-Dzeko threads and posts on this forum - so much so that the moderators have understandably got fed up, and try to nip these excessively rancorous exchanges in the bud.

Only for the Dzeko-fans to smuggle their obsessions into other threads.

Edin Dzeko is a fine footballer, and seems to be a very nice person. He neither needs nor deserves the embarassing sort of "support" he gets from some on this forum.

[Incidentally, I agree completely with your analysis of the situation - and if that was what Balkanno was suggesting, then I heartily apologise to him, especially if I have confused him with similarly named posters]

Frank H said:
[There's no way that Balkanno's post was meant as a criticism of Dzeko!!!

(Incidentally, English is not his first language - so don't put any weight on the difference between "expecting" and "expected")
Perhaps you haven't come across his posts on other threads. If this last post was really a criticism of Dzeko, and not of Aguero, Silva, Milner etc.etc., it would indicate a complete change of attitude almost as dramatic as the Apostle Paul on the road to Damascus.

There is a small, but very vocal, band of Dzeko-worshippers on this forum who are really just that. They aren't City fans, or even City sympathisers (like myself). Their posts involve not just excessive adulation of Dzeko, but frequent slagging off of other City players, especially attacking players.

It is because of them that there have been an excessive amount of pro- and anti-Dzeko threads and posts on this forum - so much so that the moderators have understandably got fed up, and try to nip these excessively rancorous exchanges in the bud.

Only for the Dzeko-fans to smuggle their obsessions into other threads.

Edin Dzeko is a fine footballer, and seems to be a very nice person. He neither needs nor deserves the embarassing sort of "support" he gets from some on this forum.

I haven't read much from him, no.

If he meant what he said, I'd agree with him: Dzeko took up a bad position in this particular attack.

If he meant what you think he said, ie Silva should have threaded the ball past 3 Spurs defenders to him who would all then be blocking his way to goal, then he's having a laugh.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Arsenal are the best side to visit us this season.

Spurs were not even better than Newcastle, who at least came to attack.

Spurs are plodders in midfield and always relying on the ball over the top or the diagonal crossfield.

Team of myths
was going to post something similar,never had a shot on goal first half,then only for a lapse by savic gets them back into the game,and apart from defoe's near miss at the death i cant remember any other attempts by spurs,and as you say tolmie alot of long balls over the top....

Chris in London said:
I haven't read much from him, no.

If he meant what he said, I'd agree with him: Dzeko took up a bad position in this particular attack.

If he meant what you think he said, ie Silva should have threaded the ball past 3 Spurs defenders to him who would all then be blocking his way to goal, then he's having a laugh.
If he meant what you think he meant :), I not only agree with him, and yourself, but must apologise profusely to him.

But, as of this moment, I still think he meant the post as a criticism of whoever was on the ball in the diagram, and not of Dzeko - another complaint that Dzeko's team mates aren't working hard enough to support Dzeko.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.