City Vs Spurs Pre Match Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BringBackSwales said:
For me I would play Zabba on the right side of midefield, in front of Micah, to quell the threat of Bale, something like:-

-- Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:56 am --

BringBackSwales said:
For me I would play Zabba on the right side of midefield, in front of Micah, to quell the threat of Bale, something like:-

Hart
Richards Savis Lescott Clichy
Zaba De Jong Barry Milner
Silva
Aguero

Need to keep it tight, stop their width, stop their midfield, then we have Edin, Mario, AJ and Nasri to bring on if needed - this is one game where I think to be too expansive will put us under too much pressure

Dzeko scored 4 last time we played them and you'd leave him out...Nasri assisted 3 and you'd leave him out too..

Dont understand this tbh.

samharris said:
BringBackSwales said:

-- Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:56 am --

BringBackSwales said:

Hart
Richards Savis Lescott Clichy
Zaba De Jong Barry Milner
Silva
Aguero

Need to keep it tight, stop their width, stop their midfield, then we have Edin, Mario, AJ and Nasri to bring on if needed - this is one game where I think to be too expansive will put us under too much pressure

Dzeko scored 4 last time we played them and you'd leave him out...Nasri assisted 3 and you'd leave him out too..

Dont understand this tbh.

Have to agree that we MUST start both Nasri and Dzeko for this one.

I would personally not play Savic in this one and go for Richards as Centre Back and Zaba at Right Back. Just my thoughts! Not sure if Mancini would try Richards at CB though?

Hart
Zabaletta
Richards
Lescott
Clichy

Milner
Barry

Nasri
Silva
Aguero
Dzeko

FantasyIreland said:
--------------Hart-------------
---Richards---Onouha----Lescott---
Zaba----------Barry----------Clichy
------Aguero---Silva-----Milner-------
---------------Dzeko-------------

Combative,creative and helps nullify their width.

yeah I quite like that actually - is Nedum in the squad, maybe Savic instead of Nedum but I like the formation

spurspinter1 said:
paul1300 said:
This is without doubt Spurs biggest game of the season so far,
and its going to be tough for both teams, you will have trouble bossing our midfield and we will struggle to score, From what I hear King and Kaboul will start at the back, a key area for you is if you employ Silva against Assou-Ekotto who can be a bit of a liability, I rather hope we play Pav instead of Defoe as I think he will have more of a chance of scoring

Jesus....

I am just saying that both would not be 1st choice if adebayor were available, butin this game I feel that Pavs physical presence would be more beneficial than Defoes speed and frailty, and everyone knows against tricky slippery player like Silva or aguero BAE is prone to the error

But we will win as City have shown a vulnerability of late, and we are due a slice of good fortune

paul1300 said:
This is without doubt Spurs biggest game of the season so far,
and its going to be tough for both teams, you will have trouble bossing our midfield and we will struggle to score, From what I hear King and Kaboul will start at the back, a key area for you is if you employ Silva against Assou-Ekotto who can be a bit of a liability, I rather hope we play Pav instead of Defoe as I think he will have more of a chance of scoring

It will be a tight game

I hope you play pav instead of defoe too - defoe must surely have your best mins per goal ratio?<br /><br />-- Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:59 pm --<br /><br />
Soulboy said:
................Hart..................
Richards..........Savic........Lescott... Clichy
............Milner.......Barry..........
Silva....................................Nasri
......................Aguero.................
.............Dzeko.....................

Subs: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kolarov, De Jong,Hargreaves, Balotelli, Johnson

2-0 Dzeko and Nasri

offensively that team is good, but I would really worry about spurs width in the middle of the park

Spurs

Freidel

Walker Kaboul King Assou-Ekotto

Lennon Parker Modric Bale

Van-Der-Vaart
Pavyluchencko

City 1 Spurs 2

Come on You Spurs !

--------------Hart--------------
Richards---Savic---Lescott---Clichy
------Barry------------Milner----
Silva---------Aguero--------Nasri
-------------Dzeko-------------

For me I want us to attack, if play with mostly midfielders/defenders from the off and almost shut up shop you are giving into Spurs already, do all the 'park the bus' stuff when your winning with 10 minutes to go. They utilize their wings usually whilst we play alot in the middle so as long as Richards and Clichy can keep Bale and Lennon happy I think we should be OK, Barry has to keep Modric quiet as well. Parker will be on Silva like a rash all game so i am hoping Nasri can have another great game against Spurs. Same goes for Kun and Edin!!

COME ON CITY!

Pundits for the Spuds game

Wonder what Sky have lined up tomorrow for the game?

Probably an unbiased panel of Redcrapp junior with Glen "diamond lights" Hoddle.

The commentator will probably be assisted by Ray "my word" Wilkins.

Thanks f@ck i'm going to the game!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.