City Vs Spurs Pre Match Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me I would play Zabba on the right side of midefield, in front of Micah, to quell the threat of Bale, something like:-

-- Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:56 am --

BringBackSwales said:
For me I would play Zabba on the right side of midefield, in front of Micah, to quell the threat of Bale, something like:-

Hart
Richards Savis Lescott Clichy
Zaba De Jong Barry Milner
Silva
Aguero

Need to keep it tight, stop their width, stop their midfield, then we have Edin, Mario, AJ and Nasri to bring on if needed - this is one game where I think to be too expansive will put us under too much pressure

Re: Re: City Vs Spurs Pre Match Discussion thread

BringBackSwales said:

-- Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:56 am --

BringBackSwales said:

Hart
Richards Savis Lescott Clichy
Zaba De Jong Barry Milner
Silva
Aguero

Need to keep it tight, stop their width, stop their midfield, then we have Edin, Mario, AJ and Nasri to bring on if needed - this is one game where I think to be too expansive will put us under too much pressure

I hear what you are saying but with that midfield Silva and Aguero would never see the ball. We wouldn't create anything. We cannot play with 2 defensive midfielders and a right back in a midfield 4.

You'd have Silva and Aguero coming back to the halfway line to get the ball, which is just where Spuds would want them.

Substitute de Jong for Nasri and it looks more reasonable.

--------------Hart-------------
---Richards---Onouha----Lescott---
Zaba----------Barry----------Clichy
------Aguero---Silva-----Milner-------
---------------Dzeko-------------

Combative,creative and helps nullify their width.

hart
micah savic lescott clichy

milner barry

silva aguero nasri

dzekoo

can see us scraping it 2-1 cant see spurs not scoring and playing savic is a bit risky but not better options imo

It will be tough tomorrow but beating Spurs will give us a big lift. Need good performances up front as well.

I also have a feeling that the rags will drop points tomorrow.....hope I'm right.

CTID

This is without doubt Spurs biggest game of the season so far,
and its going to be tough for both teams, you will have trouble bossing our midfield and we will struggle to score, From what I hear King and Kaboul will start at the back, a key area for you is if you employ Silva against Assou-Ekotto who can be a bit of a liability, I rather hope we play Pav instead of Defoe as I think he will have more of a chance of scoring

It will be a tight game

................Hart..................
Richards..........Savic........Lescott... Clichy
............Milner.......Barry..........
Silva....................................Nasri
......................Aguero.................
.............Dzeko.....................

Subs: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kolarov, De Jong,Hargreaves, Balotelli, Johnson

2-0 Dzeko and Nasri

Soulboy said:
................Hart..................
Richards..........Savic........Lescott... Clichy
............Milner.......Barry..........
Silva....................................Nasri
......................Aguero.................
.............Dzeko.....................

Subs: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kolarov, De Jong,Hargreaves, Balotelli, Johnson

2-0 Dzeko and Nasri

Only this.

ATXMCFan said:
Very wrong place for this I know, so I am sorry right at the get go.

If we win at Liverpool 1-0 ... what happens? Does the game go to pen. shots? I was telling a new fan (about 6 of them where I work now =), I recruit well, true passion helps) how the 2 leg and away goals system works but I did not have an answer for that question.

No "Istree" would be taken into account..

paul1300 said:
This is without doubt Spurs biggest game of the season so far,
and its going to be tough for both teams, you will have trouble bossing our midfield and we will struggle to score, From what I hear King and Kaboul will start at the back, a key area for you is if you employ Silva against Assou-Ekotto who can be a bit of a liability, I rather hope we play Pav instead of Defoe as I think he will have more of a chance of scoring

Jesus....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.