City Vs Stoke Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will stuff Stoke. At home they are a decent team, presuming we capture the form from Norwich I can only see one result.

Stoke have only won 1 game away from home but drawn 6, they're going to park the bus and play on the break. In this event we need to purposly conceed possession to draw them out and capitalise on their mistakes. Otherwise I can see another draw for us.

Brendan110_0 said:
Stoke have only won 1 game away from home but drawn 6, they're going to park the bus and play on the break. In this event we need to purposly conceed possession to draw them out and capitalise on their mistakes. Otherwise I can see another draw for us.
Give the ball away and give them the opportunity to put it into our area?!!

We have been playing against massed defences for a long time and 9 times out of 10 we break through.

Bringing my daughters for our first game this season, we normally make 4-5 per season but work has been in the way this year. The good news is the last time my girls saw city lose was against Chelsea when Sven was in charge so as long as their lucky charm is still shining I'm going for a big win.

And we're in 212 rather than in the rafters of the CB stand so I'm hoping for much sining and shouting and general tom foolery please ;-)

Gelsons Dad said:
Bringing my daughters for our first game this season, we normally make 4-5 per season but work has been in the way this year. The good news is the last time my girls saw city lose was against Chelsea when Sven was in charge so as long as their lucky charm is still shining I'm going for a big win.

And we're in 212 rather than in the rafters of the CB stand so I'm hoping for much sining and shouting and general tom foolery please ;-)
No Stoke fans next to you though.

Marvin said:
Gelsons Dad said:

Are they only on level 1?

Gelsons Dad said:

212 is full of tourists.

Gelsons Dad said:
Marvin said:
Gelsons Dad said:

Are they only on level 1?
yes, and we've got one of their blocks in Level 1 as well so even if they sell their remaining tickets there will only be a thousand Stoke

I wouldn't worry too much about resting players for this match, there should be time for that in the next couple of weeks.

I would start Lescott over Nasty, and have Garcia in as he's good at the physical and in the air.

If Nasri available due to appeal, then play him.

Can't decide between Dzeko and Tevez. Dzeko earned right to play after Norwich game, and is better for defending set pieces. But Dzeko height limited valuein attack against Stoke defence, and Tevez better movement to pull Stoke defence around.

.................Hart
Zaba - Kompany - Lescott - Clichy
................Garcia
............Barry - Yaya
Silva - Aguero (Tevez) - Nasri (Milner)
.....Dzeko (Aguero if Tevez plays)

I think Stoke have come on a good bit in the last couple of years. They still have the 'physical' in them, but not quite as extreme as a few years ago. Also, they can play a bit of football now. That's probably good for us, don't think they will park the bus like Reading did, but like Norwich tried a few times. I say 1-0 to 2-1 City.

de niro said:
Gelsons Dad said:

212 is full of tourists.

and grumpy old carpet salesmen I heard ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.