City Vs Stoke Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with the set-piece comment. We will have to defend a hell of alot better because this is the one area that Stoke will try and exploit. They have players with height and will try and capitalise on this.

However if we can up the movement and pace of the attacks then i feel we will win this one comfortably. It would be nice to see Aguero bag a hat-trick in this game so he can fire us to retaining the title, maybe if Silva can get one as well : )

We can easily make the ground up on the rags, a 7 point swing is not unreachable

FantasyIreland said:
Matty said:
Oh, and to the Stoke moron claiming we dive, at least accuse of something we do/have done in the past, when people say Stoke are thugs it's because, to a degree, they were a year or so back. To accuse City of diving is, quite simple, laughable. Balotelli aside I couldn't think of a City player who hits the deck too easily, and in fact in Aguero and Tevez we've got 2 players who will fight to stay upright, to their own detriment at times.

Yaya likes to make the most of a situation and often goes down far too easily,however,like you say,generally we are one of the most honest teams in the league,which,also like you suggest,does us no favours on many occasions.

Blimey,even Hansen has recognised it......

You two would obviously have accused Franny Lee as a diver too

GibbySCFC said:
Stokie in peace here guys!

Always liked you lot ( Well most of yer! lol) Real club, and was glad you won the league last year, the celebration at the Brit when you scored that last minute winner was fookin amazing!

Anyways, just wanted to put my point of view about the game this week. I think you could be a bit surprised with our approach, we, I hope, will approach the game like we did against your near neighbours, when we went at them hard and aggresive from the off, and should have been two up. Alternatively, we could let you come at us like we did with Spurs, when we held them off petty comfortably, and could have grabbed a win on the break, so we are developing options in how we can approach games.

On paper, of course you guys should turn us over, but we all know that isn't always the case in practice. Last year I thought you had the best midfielder in the division (Toure) and defender (Company) but in the limited times I've seen you this season, then I think both have dropped off slightly, which could be the difference for you this season?

Not sure how much you may have seen on us this season, but we are changing, we have a gem in Nzonzi, this guy is destined for great things, and we'll struggle to hold on to him, we have a back four that is second to none, that said, they were all shite against Southampton, so TP will be working with them this week. We are still very "committed" and we should never lose this, the teams that moan about us, are invariably the teams we've turned over, so I, like many Stokies, love this! :)

Anyway, after this weeks game, unless we draw you in the cup, good luck for the rest of the season, and I'll wildly predict a boring 0-0 for the game! ;)
Thanks for the comments. Always interesting to hear the views of other fans.

I think Kompany and Toure have been as good as last season. City have dropped off a little from last season, and it's up front where we have had a few problems. We are creating as many chances as last season, but the chance conversion is not as good as other teams.

Regarding Stoke you seem to have got even better at destroying football matches. I don't see any change in the way you play, although I have seen you score some amazing individual goals. Sorry I can't be more complimentary. Maybe it's a compliment to know that opposing fans do not look forward to games against Stoke. We know they will be very hard, a challenge and a goalless draw is quite likely. I think City will nick it 1-0

BlueMoonz1977 said:
Agree with the set-piece comment. We will have to defend a hell of alot better because this is the one area that Stoke will try and exploit. They have players with height and will try and capitalise on this.

However if we can up the movement and pace of the attacks then i feel we will win this one comfortably. It would be nice to see Aguero bag a hat-trick in this game so he can fire us to retaining the title, maybe if Silva can get one as well : )

We can easily make the ground up on the rags, a 7 point swing is not unreachable

We need to drop Zabba for this game, not tall enough to defend at post on corners/free kicks. Put Lescott on and move Nasty over to RB slot.

Seen a fair bit of Stoke this season and been impressed. If we play the tentative tippy tappy stuff I don't see us scoring, need to get on the attack early with the same conviction as the last game. Would put in Lescott to combat Jones who is a monster in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.