City Vs Stoke Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to this game. Stoke are not as bad as some people make out, they can play some decent stuff. If we show the same spirit we did against Norwich with the players we have, we should get the win though.

I hope we start with Sergio & Edin up top again, as some of the link up play in the last game was fantastic.

You wouldn't mind Stoke's physical approach to the game so much if they didn't roll around like little girls every time they get a bit back<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:44 am --<br /><br />
King Of All Geordies said:
I'd give Zaba a rest, replaced by Maicon if he's fit, or Kolo. Kolo would give us more height of course..

I think Maicon is taller than Kolo

Stoke aren't as bad as people make out, although because people expect them to be nothing but thugs, whenever they play any football whatsoever, it's greated with comments about how good Stoke's play is and how well they are playing. The truth is somewhere in the middle, they aren't the thuggish long ball side many believe, but equally they've a long way to go to be classed as a skillful passing side.

We owe them fron the Britannia where Crouch accidentally handled the ball, and intentionally handled the ball, all within a couple of seconds when scoring their goal. Last season Stoke came and parked the coach, and it did't work as we ran out easy winners (if memory serves it was 3-0). You'd think therefore that they'd try something different this time, but I doubt it. If they come at us we'll beat them. We struggle to break down defensive teams, teams that try and get something from the game we can beat. Stoke's defenders would much prefer to face Dzeko than Aguero and Tevez, as I feel Huth and Shawcross will have more problems with pacey skillful forwards than with a bigger aerial threat. After his display against Norwich however I think Dzeko will start, which may play into their hands.

Oh, and to the Stoke moron claiming we dive, at least accuse of something we do/have done in the past, when people say Stoke are thugs it's because, to a degree, they were a year or so back. To accuse City of diving is, quite simple, laughable. Balotelli aside I couldn't think of a City player who hits the deck too easily, and in fact in Aguero and Tevez we've got 2 players who will fight to stay upright, to their own detriment at times.

Matty said:
Oh, and to the Stoke moron claiming we dive, at least accuse of something we do/have done in the past, when people say Stoke are thugs it's because, to a degree, they were a year or so back. To accuse City of diving is, quite simple, laughable. Balotelli aside I couldn't think of a City player who hits the deck too easily, and in fact in Aguero and Tevez we've got 2 players who will fight to stay upright, to their own detriment at times.

Yaya likes to make the most of a situation and often goes down far too easily,however,like you say,generally we are one of the most honest teams in the league,which,also like you suggest,does us no favours on many occasions.

Blimey,even Hansen has recognised it......

Play Yaya further up to threathen the thugs who will definitely park the bus after their confidence shattered by Southampton 3 goals. Make use of Sinclair fresh pair of legs as well. Come on City, make my New Year's day.

Matty said:
Stoke aren't as bad as people make out, although because people expect them to be nothing but thugs, whenever they play any football whatsoever, it's greated with comments about how good Stoke's play is and how well they are playing. The truth is somewhere in the middle, they aren't the thuggish long ball side many believe, but equally they've a long way to go to be classed as a skillful passing side.

We owe them fron the Britannia where Crouch accidentally handled the ball, and intentionally handled the ball, all within a couple of seconds when scoring their goal. Last season Stoke came and parked the coach, and it did't work as we ran out easy winners (if memory serves it was 3-0). You'd think therefore that they'd try something different this time, but I doubt it. If they come at us we'll beat them. We struggle to break down defensive teams, teams that try and get something from the game we can beat. Stoke's defenders would much prefer to face Dzeko than Aguero and Tevez, as I feel Huth and Shawcross will have more problems with pacey skillful forwards than with a bigger aerial threat. After his display against Norwich however I think Dzeko will start, which may play into their hands.

I'm thinking with Nasri suspended we could play Tevez alongside Silva as the second AM. He often drops deep anyways and can have an eye for the pass and brings plenty of energy. Or we could play Yaya as the second AM alongside Silva to add some strength and height to our attack (along with dzeko assuming he starts).

If we don't start defending better at set pieces it will be a long afternoon
Lescott should start IMO. Sinclair should be given a chance in Nasri's absence.

Markt85 said:
de niro said:
they are a pub team, a bunch of kickers and thugs. we will need that strong ref alright.

Disagree , they play decent football at times, there main threats come down the wings in Pennant and Ethrington both good attacking players who run at people, two solid centre mids and two big strikers - I think Pulis has done a good job there, they score a lot of goals , good goals as well

Calling them a bunch of thugs and a pub team shows a lack of understanding of the game

Only a stab in the dark mate but I reckon I've seen a bit more of stoke than yourself, cheating dirty fucking pub team, they have no class, their manager has no class and their kick and rush "football " is dire to watch. What the fuck crouch is doing there is beyond me.

de niro said:
Markt85 said:
de niro said:
they are a pub team, a bunch of kickers and thugs. we will need that strong ref alright.

Disagree , they play decent football at times, there main threats come down the wings in Pennant and Ethrington both good attacking players who run at people, two solid centre mids and two big strikers - I think Pulis has done a good job there, they score a lot of goals , good goals as well

Calling them a bunch of thugs and a pub team shows a lack of understanding of the game

Only a stab in the dark mate but I reckon I've seen a bit more of stoke than yourself, cheating dirty fucking pub team, they have no class, their manager has no class and their kick and rush "football " is dire to watch. What the fuck crouch is doing there is beyond me.
Im not sure pennant even plays for them anymore. They was the worst footballing side who came to the etihad last season by a mile. It was literally a stroll after aguero scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.