City Vs Stoke Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoke fan here and I can't believe what I am reading! I have only posted a few times on here but used to enjoy reading the views as I always thought that most of your views very very similar to what stoke fans views on football were but it seems like since you became Champions (which was fully deserved) your expectations have changed and you have become more delusional and puts you on he same level as your local cockney Reds.....anyway I fully expect you to beat us at the Etihad and hope you retain your title but look at other teams with a little more understanding of where you were, what you gained and what you could become......

knype said:
Stoke fan here and I can't believe what I am reading! I have only posted a few times on here but used to enjoy reading the views as I always thought that most of your views very very similar to what stoke fans views on football were but it seems like since you became Champions (which was fully deserved) your expectations have changed and you have become more delusional and puts you on he same level as your local cockney Reds.....anyway I fully expect you to beat us at the Etihad and hope you retain your title but look at other teams with a little more understanding of where you were, what you gained and what you could become......

I don't think we're anything like Utd in terms of expectations and attitude. On the whole we are a proper club with a proper set of fans, much like yourselves. But football is competition, mate and you're the enemy until after the game tomorrow.

Best of luck thereafter though.

knype said:
Of course expectations have changed. That's natural after winning the League.

Didn't yours change after you got into the Premiership, got to Wembley and then Europe?

That doesn't mean we have forgotten anything of our past - we just want the success to last. We're the same fans who you met at Wembley.

Fully expecting to beat you too, but expecting a very difficult game and I'm pretty sure most blues will feel exactly the same.

I wonder what Peter Crouch has in store for us tomorrow? At spurs he denied us 4th, then he put through his own net for us, then nearly killed us at the Britannia with 2 very different goals.

mammutly said:
knype said:

I don't think we're anything like Utd in terms of expectations and attitude. On the whole we are a proper club with a proper set of fans, much like yourselves. But football is competition, mate and you're the enemy until after the game tomorrow.

Appreciate the competition bit but to say we are a team of thugs etc etc is a bit deluded and short sighted, we are passionate, committed and always give our all which will not match the skill levels of Chelsea, yourselves or the Cockney scum up the road from you but football is about getting wins and points not about style....

Marvin said:
knype said:
Of course expectations have changed. That's natural after winning the League.

Didn't yours change after you got into the Premiership, got to Wembley and then Europe?

That doesn't mean we have forgotten anything of our past - we just want the success to last. We're the same fans who you met at Wembley.

Fully expecting to beat you too, but expecting a very difficult game and I'm pretty sure most blues will feel exactly the same.

I wonder what Peter Crouch has in store for us tomorrow? At spurs he denied us 4th, then he put through his own net for us, then nearly killed us at the Britannia with 2 very different goals.

Most Stoke fans expectations should be survival......as for Peter Crouch hope is hoodoo of you continues but Kenwynne Jones has replaced him for he last x amount of games and fully deserves his place in the side and if he does play and playes like he has been then Kompany and Nasastic will know they have been in a game....

knype said:
mammutly said:
knype said:

Appreciate the competition bit but to say we are a team of thugs etc etc is a bit deluded and short sighted, we are passionate, committed and always give our all which will not match the skill levels of Chelsea, yourselves or the Cockney scum up the road from you but football is about getting wins and points not about style....
Under Pulis, Stoke have become renowned for a certain style of play, and that tag is fully deserved. Every time we play you it's the same war of attrition. That's your choice, or your manager's choice, but if winning is all that counts, and style is important you wont care what we think about your style of play. And if we under-estimate you then all the better for you.

Marvin said:
knype said:
mammutly said:

Under Pulis, Stoke have become renowned for a certain style of play, and that tag is fully deserved. Every time we play you it's the same war of attrition. That's your choice, or your manager's choice, but if winning is all that counts, and style is important you wont care what we think about your style of play. And if we under-estimate you then all the better for you.

Keep believing the papers about our style, I hope it bites you on your arses.....anyway bad luck for the game but good luck after that....a club and support IMO who are very similar to ours....(before your sheik)

knype said:
We'll be with you every step along the way.

Marvin said:
knype said:
mammutly said:

^^^^ this, you don't get opposing fans singing Swing Low Sweet Chariot for nothing matey....<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:31 pm --<br /><br />
knype said:
Marvin said:
knype said:

Keep believing the papers about our style, I hope it bites you on your arses.....anyway bad luck for the game but good luck after that....a club and support IMO who are very similar to ours....(before your sheik)

"believing the papers"? We've got eyes and see it for ourselves..... Cream rises , comfortable win tomorrow IMHO

Bluemanc100 said:
Marvin said:
knype said:

^^^^ this, you don't get opposing fans singing Swing Low Sweet Chariot for nothing matey....

-- Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:31 pm --

knype said:
Marvin said:

"believing the papers"? We've got eyes and see it for ourselves..... Cream rises , comfortable win tomorrow IMHO

Hope you are wrong......cream rises bollocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.