City Vs Stoke Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy new year Mancs! (Starting on the 2nd obviously! lol)

Been reading through one or two of the previous posts, and there's deffo some different views on both ourselves and you guys.

I think from what I've seen, you guys have found it a bit harder this season, both in terms of expectations from your own fans and commentators, and also in how teams now see games against you guys as a big match, and raise their own games. I also mentioned in a previous post, that I thought both Comapny and Toure were a bit below the levels of last season, because imo, they were the best two players in the country last year, so this is bound to effect you.

In reality, you should turn us over, but anyone who plays Stoke has to go out and win the game, we won't just roll over, hence our unpopularity with one or two teams, who expect little old Stoke to cave in! Plus we really do thrive on this "Nobody Likes Us" bollocks, as the scouse girlies found out on Boxing Day, talk about condescending and delusional! :)

I'm not sure if your fans have changed or not, I think every club attracts a new generation of fans, and some of the newbies for you guys will only have known the current status, so this can be construed as being arrogant, but thats just life! We have the same problem, with a lot of new fans coming to Stoke nowadays, and they too think this is the way it's always been, not getting mullered 4-0 at fookin Rotherham!

Anyway, I do quite like you guys, and please keep thinking that we are a bunch of thugs who go out to deliberately injure players, because we want to keep under the radar. And we need to gag Gary Neville who keeps bigging us up on sky, I'm sure you'd like to gag him too!

Anyway, good luck after today!

At the Stoke v City game last season the stand to our front left was full of Rags, their shirts began appearing after the Crouch goal.....

Though this isn't indicative of the majority of the Stoke crowd (is it?) Stoke is a shithole of a place, they deserve a club who muscles through games, ugly football, just like the local women

#justsaying

Tricky game to be expected, unless they turn up like last year (at the etihad) and roll over.

Come on City!

2-0 !

I would start with the same side as Norwich apart from:

Milner for Nasri
Lescott for Nasty

Nasty took a couple of knocks at Norwich so I would give him a rest and with Stokes aerial threat Lescott would get the nod.

I would put Jimmy in for the suspended Nasri as his work rate and closing down will be priceless against the inbreds.

City 2 Inbreds 0

GibbySCFC said:
Happy new year Mancs! (Starting on the 2nd obviously! lol)

Been reading through one or two of the previous posts, and there's deffo some different views on both ourselves and you guys.

I think from what I've seen, you guys have found it a bit harder this season, both in terms of expectations from your own fans and commentators, and also in how teams now see games against you guys as a big match, and raise their own games. I also mentioned in a previous post, that I thought both Comapny and Toure were a bit below the levels of last season, because imo, they were the best two players in the country last year, so this is bound to effect you.

In reality, you should turn us over, but anyone who plays Stoke has to go out and win the game, we won't just roll over, hence our unpopularity with one or two teams, who expect little old Stoke to cave in! Plus we really do thrive on this "Nobody Likes Us" bollocks, as the scouse girlies found out on Boxing Day, talk about condescending and delusional! :)

I'm not sure if your fans have changed or not, I think every club attracts a new generation of fans, and some of the newbies for you guys will only have known the current status, so this can be construed as being arrogant, but thats just life! We have the same problem, with a lot of new fans coming to Stoke nowadays, and they too think this is the way it's always been, not getting mullered 4-0 at fookin Rotherham!

Anyway, I do quite like you guys, and please keep thinking that we are a bunch of thugs who go out to deliberately injure players, because we want to keep under the radar. And we need to gag Gary Neville who keeps bigging us up on sky, I'm sure you'd like to gag him too!

Anyway, good luck after today!
Happy New Year to you too.

We have dipped a little, but plenty of time to put it right starting today? Would not hand pick Stoke for opponents though.

As regards the thugs angle, I don't think you're thugs but you definitely concentrate on the physical aspect of the game and spend a lot of effort on stopping the opposition playing their game. That takes you so far, and occasionally you'll get a big scalp. I hope it's not today. But in time you'll want more?

I have a sneaky feeling that Hart may be rested / dropped today and replaced with Pantimillion, Harts not been in the best of form lately and maybe now is the chance to give him a small break.

Knowing Stoke they will rely on set pieces and lumping the ball in the air, given his extra height then it may be something to consider.

Not meant in any way as a negative against Hart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.