City vs Sunderland post match discussion

Re: First clean sheet this season...

Dimarino said:
alextheswede said:
...and Kompany wasn't on the pitch.

i'm confused

I am not. Bobby said he knew what the problem was and would sort it. He did.

Micah's display today was miles ahead of anything we have seen from Kompany this season.

We went back to basics and had a midfield and defense. Started with 5 English players and ended with 6, Micah and Aleks were immense plus AJ subbing says it all.

simply fantastic, this this team should start the next game without a doubt, with the exception of aguero for balotelli (and perhaps clichy/kompany back in depending on opposition).

milner, barry and toure, a very solid midfield

spiny said:
Dimarino said:
alextheswede said:
...and Kompany wasn't on the pitch.

i'm confused

I am not. Bobby said he knew what the problem was and would sort it. He did.

Micah's display today was miles ahead of anything we have seen from Kompany this season.

We went back to basics and had a midfield and defense. Started with 5 English players and ended with 6, Micah and Aleks were immense plus AJ subbing says it all.
AJ went off injured.

Now lets keep 20 more this season and bag the golden gloves for the 3rd season in a row!!

Better attitude and work rate from us which gave us a better platform to build on.

it almost seems like Kompany is trying too hard... he just needs to relax and remember he's one of the best in the world at what he does

Pigeonho said:
Just what we needed, a fucking sterling performance and hopefully Bob will take note.
Happy, happy, happy and Mrs P's fanny is going to reap the rewards.
Best twenty seconds of her life unless uv been on the Boddingtons

Milner and Barry are still our best defensive duo. Their work rate, hunger and passion are brilliant.

I also love the way Milner and Silva link up. They seem to have a telepathy and understanding that is unbelievable. Silva plays those little 'round the corner' passes and Milner is always there to get on the end of them. The best example I can give of what I mean here is the build up they produced for that goal at the swamp last year. Saw it today several times. Wonderful wonderful partnership.

Silva is back. Nothing more needs saying for this bit.

Zabaleta was outstanding. Best I think I've ever seen him. His 'engine' is remarkably strong and he gave so much for the shirt today.

Kolarov also the best I've seen him. Very good defensively (shock!) and unreal with several world class crosses into the box. Well done Alex.

Balotelli is still bobbins and was rightly taken off.

Excellent response to the CL perfomance. Could'nt ask for more.

Note to bob: next CL game you have to start Milner and Barry in central midfield.

Lomas has a lob on said:
Much better today.
Although the defence has come in for critiscm this season, especially as Kompany hasn't been at his best, but I think the problem has stemmed from our midfield!
I'm sure Garcia will prove a valuable asset to us, however himself and Rodwell are both what you could describe as "units", they are there to break up the play first and foremost.
With Barry back in, and Milner alongside him, they both offer that bit more with the ball whilst still doing the dirty stuff.
To be fair to Dejong, he wasn't known for what he did on the ball, but he was always wanting the ball, Garcia and Rodwell look as though they are only interested when the opposition have the ball.
Silva and Nasri need to get the ball more frequently, Milner and Barry are better at supplying these guy's, there far more positive with the ball.
Well done City, we've finally turned up.

-- Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:31 pm --

Much better today.
Although the defence has come in for critiscm this season, especially as Kompany hasn't been at his best, but I think the problem has stemmed from our midfield!
I'm sure Garcia will prove a valuable asset to us, however himself and Rodwell are both what you could describe as "units", they are there to break up the play first and foremost.
With Barry back in, and Milner alongside him, they both offer that bit more with the ball whilst still doing the dirty stuff.
To be fair to Dejong, he wasn't known for what he did on the ball, but he was always wanting the ball, Garcia and Rodwell look as though they are only interested when the opposition have the ball.
Silva and Nasri need to get the ball more frequently, Milner and Barry are better at supplying these guy's, there far more positive with the ball.
Well done City, we've finally turned up.
Great post. I agree.

stan bowles said:
Worked harder, passed it better, fought more strongly, quicker tempo. Seemed like we moved up a gear today and limited them to virtually nothing. The balance was right and some of the old confidence and swagger seemed to be returning to our play (once we'd got a stranglehold on the game).

Micah was a tower of strength, Milner did the work of 2 men, Barry was always available and keep the ball ticking over in that deceptively simple was he has, Kolo was superb all game and Zabba was rock solid too.

Pleasure to be there today and, as we all know, 6-0 would not have flattered us one bit.

Kolo was superb all game

bad stream then mate? ;)

Just goes to show all this rubbish about a 'consistent back four' is exactly that too, rubbish. The players have the quality, or should do, to do whatever is asked of them.

Micah was brilliant today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.