City vs Swans Post Match Thread

Bewar3them00n said:
Polarising views yet again, good performance.... Poor performance, shit Swansea side, yet they beat Arsenal away!
On another day we'd have 3 or 4 and Clichy's strike would've nestled in the top corner Trevor Brooking style.
A win is a win, that we are not out of the race yet can only be a good thing, we've come back from worse positions.

It s a different match but do you think that we could beat Bayern with this kind of perfomances ?

oasis-city-greek-fan said:
Bewar3them00n said:
Polarising views yet again, good performance.... Poor performance, shit Swansea side, yet they beat Arsenal away!
On another day we'd have 3 or 4 and Clichy's strike would've nestled in the top corner Trevor Brooking style.
A win is a win, that we are not out of the race yet can only be a good thing, we've come back from worse positions.

It s a different match but do you think that we could beat Bayern with this kind of perfomances ?

Did you think we would beat them last season after drawing 1-1 with Southampton (iirc) the previous game?

Best performance for several games after first 30 mins. I thought Jovetic played very well throughout and we controlled the game after the break. Their keeper kept them in in with 4 or 5 excellent saves....if we can keep Chelsea in sight or close the gap a bit to Xmas we are in with a shout.

Sorry Blues but I for one have no idea how Nasri got the MOTM award by you lads.I lost count the number of times he lost the ball and IMO a fair better option was either Demi or Gael C.who I thought were superb today.
One of those days for Sergio and I thought he may have been taken off, along with some midfielders.
Better performance,no question about that and with 23 attempts on goal far better,but we are still too slow in our approach work and I wish we had someone in midfield who could move the ball quicker.
Perhaps I`m being a perfectionist but we definitely miss someone like David S.and we need a replacement of his ilk for next season.

ArdwickBlue said:
Bewar3them00n said:

Did you think we would beat them last season after drawing 1-1 with Southampton (iirc) the previous game?

I also didn t believe that ....after 4 matches we don t have a win

ArdwickBlue said:

I also didn t believe that ....after 4 matches we don t have a win

It's a one off game at home, anything can happen. Have a little faith.

Prestwich_Blue said:
ninjamonkey said:
I thought we were pretty poor throughout again today, same problems as we've had all season, lack of intensity, movement, following runners defensively, not defending as a unit and next to no pressure on the ball.

We got away with it today and we did relatively well getting the result after going behind early on but we can't let the result hide the obvious problems we have had all season.

Pellegrini has just said... "I am very happy because we won the game. We played very well and had a lot of chances to score the third goal and we defended well."

This for me is extremely worrying, if he genuinely thinks that was a very good performance then we're going to win nothing.
It was a good performance against a very decent team. I'm more worried about some people on here who just can't see that & give them the credit they deserve.

disagree entirely. I don't think i'm alone in my thoughts either as most people around me at the ground shared similar opinions. The performance was no different from the last handful of home games only this time we got the result we needed to gloss over it.

Also think you're giving Swansea too much credit. They're a very decent side at home but away from home they're the new Fulham and rarely win. I heard somebody today say they've only won at the swamp so far this season.

ninjamonkey said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
ninjamonkey said:
I thought we were pretty poor throughout again today, same problems as we've had all season, lack of intensity, movement, following runners defensively, not defending as a unit and next to no pressure on the ball.

We got away with it today and we did relatively well getting the result after going behind early on but we can't let the result hide the obvious problems we have had all season.

Pellegrini has just said... "I am very happy because we won the game. We played very well and had a lot of chances to score the third goal and we defended well."

This for me is extremely worrying, if he genuinely thinks that was a very good performance then we're going to win nothing.
It was a good performance against a very decent team. I'm more worried about some people on here who just can't see that & give them the credit they deserve.

disagree entirely. I don't think i'm alone in my thoughts either as most people around me at the ground shared similar opinions. The performance was no different from the last handful of home games only this time we got the result we needed to gloss over it.
Disagree. To me it was quite good performance after they scored.

MeatHunterrr said:
ninjamonkey said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Disagree. To me it was quite good performance after they scored.

Fair enough, but what was better today than in recent performances, say for example, in our last home game against CSKA?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.