City Vs Tottenham Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
citymad said:
Astounding to see such over confidence given such inconsistency were playing with and the injury situation. I can see Townsend ripping us a new one on our big pitch and spurs passing game giving us loads of trouble. Defensively they are sound and could probably cope with Sergio and the beast. I'd be happy with a draw on this one which if course won't be good enough to close the gap on the leaders

Home form is pretty assuring, mate. Reckon we are top just based on our home games.

It's our away form that is crippling us. Plus, have you been following the spurs impotence in front of goal recently. They are a strong side no doubt but at home we match up well with any team. Bayern aside.

Townsend doesn't scare me. I am more concerned that we have a great deal of possession and can't break through and a mistake at the back costs us. We need to be very, very careful with that. But overall, I think we will beat Spurs at home - we generally do (I think the last time we didn't was the year they pipped us to the CL).

uwe rosler 28 said:
Think we will come out with the 3 points but townsend against clichy really scares me!

Townsend is one of those players who will do better for England than for his club, every now and then someone like that comes along, not sure why, but hes a different player in an England shirt than a spurs one, maybe Englands direct high tempo style suits him better, spurs trying to play possession football and he looks uncomfortable doing it.

AwayDay said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Think we will come out with the 3 points but townsend against clichy really scares me!

Townsend is one of those players who will do better for England than for his club, every now and then someone like that comes along, not sure why, but hes a different player in an England shirt than a spurs one, maybe Englands direct high tempo style suits him better, spurs trying to play possession football and he looks uncomfortable doing it.

NQCitizen said:
Fun fact:

Andros Townsend has had 45 shots this season and scored one goal.

An absolutely mind-boggling 2.2% conversion rate.

I need a graph, a Pie and a Bar chart. Oh ..and a Venn diagram please.

NQCitizen said:
Fun fact:

Andros Townsend has had 45 shots this season and scored one goal.

An absolutely mind-boggling 2.2% conversion rate.

The reason I love this stat is because his one goal was a cross.

jared said:
citymad said:
Astounding to see such over confidence given such inconsistency were playing with and the injury situation. I can see Townsend ripping us a new one on our big pitch and spurs passing game giving us loads of trouble. Defensively they are sound and could probably cope with Sergio and the beast. I'd be happy with a draw on this one which if course won't be good enough to close the gap on the leaders

They've scored 9 goals in 11 games, hardly ripping up trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.