City Vs Tottenham Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
citymad said:
Astounding to see such over confidence given such inconsistency were playing with and the injury situation. I can see Townsend ripping us a new one on our big pitch and spurs passing game giving us loads of trouble. Defensively they are sound and could probably cope with Sergio and the beast. I'd be happy with a draw on this one which if course won't be good enough to close the gap on the leaders

What you're forgetting bud is that we don't play against an absolute standard. We play an opponent. And Spurs have not exactly set the house alight. They have one of the poorest scoring from open play records in the PL and just got turned over by Newcastle at home.

I have seen nothing about long term injuries to Fernandinho or Nastasic so I assume they will be back for this game, which will improve us significantly from Sunderland. Plus hopefully Garcia doesn't see light of day. That plus playing at home should see us through.

Spurs aren't scoring from open play and aren't even scoring from set pieces at a troubling rate. They'll be a great team when they gel but it's still work in progress, IMHO. City should do them 2-1 / 3-1.

Have bad feeling about this one, hope I'm wrong.
We are playing at home and so far didn't have problems, however, if they score first and park the bus we will have serious issues. Last game exposed too many bad links in our team which needing emergency fix to win quality oposition.

BlueAnorak said:
Recently, Spurs at home have been difficult games. Indeed, without Merlin we're pretty poor at carving out decent chances so let's hope he's fit but he probably won't be back till Swansea. One things for sure Pellegrini's defensive style (or should I say lack of style?) will give Spurs all the encouragement they need.
5 games at home 4-0,2-0,4-1 against the champions without Silva,3-1 and 7-0,are you on a wind up or possibly a crack pipe,no doubt we've got problems away from home but how the fuck is that a defensive style,fucking unreal

In my humble opinion someone at the club needs to make the decision to stop rotation until we have strung a few results together home and away. Footballers thrive on a settled team and whereas with have 9 games in december we have to change it a bit,surely it would be better to make changes when the side is firmly back in the top two or three. Concerning Spurs I have no doubt we shall get back to winning ways - glad it is at home! A friend of mine at our 5-a-side said he was disappointed that Manuel seemed ok with the performance but not the result at Sunderland - I have to believe and if I was a betting man would put my shirt on the truth being -that behind closed doors Pellegrini will have had a real go at some of the lads who quite frankly didn't put the effort it and waited for someone to make something happen. I expect a reaction and it wouldn't surprise me if one or two in our squad have already burnt their bridges. 3-0 to City!

slightly more optimistic after a little holiday, 4-2 or 5-2 to us, spurs will get a couple of dodgy goals (bobbing for penalties or something similar) but we'll have too much going forward.

might sound a bit mad but i'd love to see rony get silvas place for this one.

Puppet Master Silva said:
NQCitizen said:
Fun fact:

Andros Townsend has had 45 shots this season and scored one goal.

An absolutely mind-boggling 2.2% conversion rate.

The reason I love this stat is because his one goal was a cross.
I was going to post exactly that!

He must have a 0.00% conversion rate because there's no way his goal can be constituted as a shot, it was a mis-hit cross.

I've watched Spurs a few times this season and Soldado must fucking hate Townsend. He's making run after run and Townsend keeps cutting inside and walloping a shot twenty yards wide or into the shins of one of the three defenders he's trying to shoot through, while Soldado is unmarked in a good position.

I don't think it will be long before Townsend is on the bench every week for Spurs.

Tottenham is pretty much a new team, AVB brought in many new faces and the likes of Bale have left. Given that this is a home fixture at 13.30 pm, we will win comfortably.

We're at home, we'll play them off the park.

3-0 to us, 1 each to Aguero, Nasri and Yaya.

hmmm I think we should double up on Kyle walker, travesty he's not on the ballon d'or shortlist ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.