City Vs Tottenham Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
totalfootball said:
we are not screwed if nasri is out. milner can play on the left with jesus navas on the right.

If we don't have Nasri or Silva we are going to be ridiculously average in trying to create something.

If we are going in with Milner and Navas as creativity then I don't see us getting a win!

Stoned Rose said:
Anyone thinking 'we're at home it'll be sweet' are fucking deluded.

Spurs are a very tough nut to crack and this will be a tough game.

If we arent 'at it' they'll do us.
100% agree with this. They are going to be pumped for this game. We have to match their likely intensity plus add some more. The midfield battle will decide the game and without Merlin to weave his magic they will be hard to break down.

This is going to be a difficult game, and regardless of our home form we'll need to be up for it. Can't say I'm overly confident, but then again I never am. That said, we almost always score at home, and Spurs aren't exactly prolific so we should win but it will be difficult. They're pretty solid in midfield and will be difficult to break down.

The amount of players missing from training today, according to Doug's report, is a worry but hopefully a few of those were just precautionary measures. Pretty sure Kompany and Silva won't be available, but Nasri would be a huge blow if absent.

Stoned Rose said:
Anyone thinking 'we're at home it'll be sweet' are fucking deluded.

Spurs are a very tough nut to crack and this will be a tough game.

If we arent 'at it' they'll do us.

Your opinion. Why everyone who has belief in the side, AT HOME, are fucking deluded, is beyond me.
I happen to have a bit of faith in this side, and prefer to see the positives.

totalfootball said:
He didn't play for france because he made a huge mistake in the first leg. His mistake led to a goal for the Ukraine. France ended up losing the game. I believe that's why Nasri was dropped but I could be wrong.

He didn't make a mistake that led to a goal for Ukraine. He was just pretty average throughout the game and when he had the opportunity to score from just inside the box to make it 1-1, he shot it straight at the keeper. That's why he was scapegoated.

Train said:
totalfootball said:
He didn't play for france because he made a huge mistake in the first leg. His mistake led to a goal for the Ukraine. France ended up losing the game. I believe that's why Nasri was dropped but I could be wrong.

He didn't make a mistake that led to a goal for Ukraine. He was just pretty average throughout the game and when he had the opportunity to score from just inside the box to make it 1-1, he shot it straight at the keeper. That's why he was scapegoated.
He wasn't really scapegoated. Valbuena is simply a better fit for France than Nasri. Nasri being at a bigger club and playing well got him the nod over Val. But the coach quickly corrected his mistake in the return leg. France is built like the Spurs team of 2 years ago. The speed and skill of their wingforward/AMs is the key to their creativity. And Valbuena, Ribery is a better combo for that.

Nasri would probably be best at Matuidi's position in central midfield if he were to start for France. On the Wings, Valbuena is simply a better fit.

Kompany, Silva and Jovetic the most likely to miss through injury. That in itself is already a big blow. Not sure or read if there are more injuryproblems.

The players replacing them simply need to put in an extra shift to try and win this one. The team can be all creative etc., but if we miss half the spine and are lost on creativity on the ay, the players simply should work their socks off and win it ugly rather than by beautiful football. It willbe a tough one, but it was always going to be that sort of game vs Spurs. Home advantage does count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.