City Vs Tottenham Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
goaterdammerung said:
Eccles Blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
How about:
1) We're in the last 16 of the CL for the first time so he's already achieved a key objective.
2) We're a game away from another cup semi-final.
3) We've had a bad run of injuries to key players.
4) While we'd all like to win the league again we only need to finish in the top 3 to reach the CL again.
5) While our away results leave a lot to be desired, we aren't actually playing badly.
6) Unless you're adrift at the bottom or owned by the Venkys, you don't sack a new manager after 12 games.
7) After 12 games last season we were top by a point but came second by 11 points. So if we can drop 12 points comparatively, we can also pick them up in the next 26 games.

Very compelling PB. If you don't mind I would also like to add one further point.

8) We are Manchester City and we never give in.

Please feel free to delete that PB if you don't agree with me. Thank you for your 'reminder' to people.

hundreds of millions spent and you'll settle for third, getting out of the group in the cl and a league cup early round win ? wow, you are easily pleased !

So am I. Having said that, I've been following City for quite a long time and am now happy that our 'dark days' are behind us.

Kun Aguero said:
stonerblue said:
Kun Aguero said:
Don't win this and we can write ourselves out the title race. Win it and were slap bang in it. I said before the start of the season that Chelsea will win the league by 10 points and I stand by that.

I'll have a pound with you that they (Chelsea) don't?

Don't win the league or win it by at least 10 points? I'll have a £10 charity bet they win it by at 5 points.

Don't win the leaguer by 10 points.
Pound.

stonerblue said:
Kun Aguero said:
stonerblue said:
I'll have a pound with you that they (Chelsea) don't?

Don't win the league or win it by at least 10 points? I'll have a £10 charity bet they win it by at 5 points.

Don't win the leaguer by 10 points.
Pound.

I like a man who sticks by his principles. ;)

Eccles Blue said:
goaterdammerung, I will say I will settle for 3rd but I KNOW and have previously stated that we will win the Premier League. :-)

I genuinely hope you are right, I really do but we shouldn't be having to accept we might have to settle for 3rd eccles, we shouldn't be in that position, this is my point.

we should be up there NOW not having to play catch up.

I will be delighted to be proven wrong and your statement proved right and I will be the first to eat humble pie if we do it..

robbieh said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
goaterdammerung said:
well, present a compelling counter argument, i'm listening.
How about:
1) We're in the last 16 of the CL for the first time so he's already achieved a key objective.
4) While we'd all like to win the league again we only need to finish in the top 3 to reach the CL again.
5) While our away results leave a lot to be desired, we aren't actually playing badly.
6) Unless you're adrift at the bottom or owned by the Venkys, you don't sack a new manager after 12 games.
7) After 12 games last season we were top by a point but came second by 11 points. So if we can drop 12 points comparatively, we can also pick them up in the next 26 games.

As you didn't rate Mancini I imagine the first scenario was quite predictable. Whether MP is good enough to do the reverse I have my doubts. Luckily we don't have to make up 12 points yet. Although last season we had only one competitor. Overhauling multiple challengers will be more difficult.

Luckily, accordng to caballist's lowered expectations, 3rd will be just fine and dandy this year.

One would think the great MP had been set a huge task, rather than take over the 2nd place team and then spend 100 million on improving it.

With the two major competitors also in a similar period of transition. Yet United sit above us with more difficult fixtures and Chelsea have only lost 2 games whereas we can only really afford to lose 2 more all season.

robbieh said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
goaterdammerung said:
well, present a compelling counter argument, i'm listening.
How about:

As you didn't rate Mancini I imagine the first scenario was quite predictable. Whether MP is good enough to do the reverse I have my doubts. Luckily we don't have to make up 12 points yet. Although last season we had only one competitor. Overhauling multiple challengers will be more difficult.

Luckily, accordng to caballist's lowered expectations, 3rd will be just fine and dandy this year.

One would think the great MP had been set a huge task, rather than take over the 2nd place team and then spend 100 million on improving it.
Give up this Mancini shit. We (the mods) are sick to the back teeth of it and bans are being handed out to people who insist on winding others up over it. He's gone and we've got a new manager.

NQCitizen said:
robbieh said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
How about:

With the two major competitors also in a similar period of transition. Yet United sit above us with more difficult fixtures and Chelsea have only lost 2 games whereas we can only really afford to lose 2 more all season.

you to had better watch out, they don't like dissenters on here, next you know they will say you are "stupid" and a "twat"

its called anti-locution, its how dictatorships start

goaterdammerung said:
NQCitizen said:
robbieh said:

you to had better watch out, they don't like dissenters on here, next you know they will say you are "stupid" and a "twat"
Or that you're a rag wum just here to wind Blues up.

goaterdammerung said:
NQCitizen said:
robbieh said:

its called anti-locution, its how dictatorships start

The award ceremony is tonight..dont forget your bow tie. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.