City Vs Tottenham Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
chesterbells said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
goaterdammerung said:
well, present a compelling counter argument, i'm listening.
How about:
1) We're in the last 16 of the CL for the first time so he's already achieved a key objective.
2) We're a game away from another cup semi-final.
3) We've had a bad run of injuries to key players.
4) While we'd all like to win the league again we only need to finish in the top 3 to reach the CL again.
5) While our away results leave a lot to be desired, we aren't actually playing badly.
6) Unless you're adrift at the bottom or owned by the Venkys, you don't sack a new manager after 12 games.
7) After 12 games last season we were top by a point but came second by 11 points. So if we can drop 12 points comparatively, we can also pick them up in the next 26 games.

Great response. Sounds compelling to me

Well said that man - The thinking of some people is plain baffling. Just leaving for the match, looking forward to a good game with a top result for us. Even if we don't I for one will still be right behind our manager.

Prestwich_Blue said:
goaterdammerung said:
tonea2003 said:
it appears we do

How about:
1) We're in the last 16 of the CL for the first time so he's already achieved a key objective.
4) While we'd all like to win the league again we only need to finish in the top 3 to reach the CL again.
5) While our away results leave a lot to be desired, we aren't actually playing badly.
6) Unless you're adrift at the bottom or owned by the Venkys, you don't sack a new manager after 12 games.
7) After 12 games last season we were top by a point but came second by 11 points. So if we can drop 12 points comparatively, we can also pick them up in the next 26 games.

All sadly forgotten in the mass hysteria that has overcome a few members at the moment.

Prestwich_Blue said:
goaterdammerung said:
tonea2003 said:
it appears we do

How about:

As you didn't rate Mancini I imagine the first scenario was quite predictable. Whether MP is good enough to do the reverse I have my doubts. Luckily we don't have to make up 12 points yet. Although last season we had only one competitor. Overhauling multiple challengers will be more difficult.

Luckily, accordng to caballist's lowered expectations, 3rd will be just fine and dandy this year.

One would think the great MP had been set a huge task, rather than take over the 2nd place team and then spend 100 million on improving it.

Prestwich_Blue said:
goaterdammerung said:
tonea2003 said:
it appears we do

How about:

thanks some good points there.

allow me to comment.

1 - we should have been in the last 16 every year we have been in the competition, and its great we got through. its an improvement, however it has come at a cost. the cost being that we have sacrificed prem league performances to achieve this due to player rotation and damage limitation in matches. we should concentrate on the game in hand and always turn out the best possible starting xi
2. a game away from a semi ? yes we have won a cup game to get there, that's impressive isn't it ?
3. city's squad should be sufficient to absorb injuries to key players, admittedly kompany and silva are exceptional players but if we had a truly great squad we wouldn't struggle to replace them and have to chop and change the back four week in week out
4. simply defeatist, willing to accept not only second best but third best ! is this the depth of our aspirations under mp ?
5. Barnsley played great football the one season they had in the prem, won a lot of friends, got relegated. playing well and losing. another argument for those with low aspirations. we have spent hundreds of millions and given the investment, its not acceptable.
6. no but when you know you have made an error of judgement do you just live with it ?
7. possibly, I will give you that but theres no evidence to suggest that will happen this season given current form

of course with me being "stupid" my opinion is of no consequence is it pb ?

robbieh said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
goaterdammerung said:
How about:

As you didn't rate Mancini I imagine the first scenario was quite predictable. Whether MP is good enough to do the reverse I have my doubts. Luckily we don't have to make up 12 points yet. Although last season we had only one competitor. Overhauling multiple challengers will be more difficult.

Luckily, accordng to caballist's lowered expectations, 3rd will be just fine and dandy this year.

One would think the great MP had been set a huge task, rather than take over the 2nd place team and then spend 100 million on improving it.

thank god its not just me !

i cant believe the way our aspirations have become watered down to accommodate mp's lack of potential

Eccles Blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
goaterdammerung said:
How about:

Very compelling PB. If you don't mind I would also like to add one further point.

8) We are Manchester City and we never give in.

Please feel free to delete that PB if you don't agree with me. Thank you for your 'reminder' to people.

hundreds of millions spent and you'll settle for third, getting out of the group in the cl and a league cup early round win ? wow, you are easily pleased !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.