City Vs Tottenham Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exeter Blue I am here said:
K-Bo said:
Crucial game for both sides this, whoever loses could end the day below Newcastle.

I'm worried because in our current state, we're sort of tottenham's perfect opponents. They suck when they have to break down a defence, which is why they're having problems scoring this season, they want to play counter attacking football but everyone is sitting deep against them. But we'll take the possession which they could well soak up, and our defence will be vulnerable to the pace of Townsend and Lennon/Lamela or whoever starts, due to its shaky status.

I'd like to think we'll win but got a very bad feeling about this one. Need to take a lead early.

Hard to disagree

Make that me as well fellas.

In my view our tactics are going to be extremely important in terms of containing Townsend and Lennon. I noticed that some have been picking Kolarov. I can't have that. It has to be Clichy purely for his speed. I also hope we don't bite off more than we can chew by committing too many players forward and leaving ourselves vulnerable. There is a lot at stake in this game so I imagine both teams will be very cautious.

I would feel much more comfortable if Merlin was back, but I read somewhere that Jovetic was fit, so perhaps he might play as an extra creative option to help Nasri. I assume MP will pick Kun and Alvaro, but I wouldn't be too upset if Dzeko played against them. After all he has a good record against them.

This is a game to get us back on track. Fingers crossed the lads will deliver on the day.

lasereyes said:
http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

No idea where they get their info from, but Fernandinho, Nastasic and Jovetic all listed as being fit for the Spurs game. Kompany for Swansea on Dec 1 (which I have seen elsewhere).
At least Adebayor's injured, all he did last year was keep hurling himself into our players trying to injure them. According to that rodwell's fit as well though and he's never fit :)

aguero93:20 said:
lasereyes said:
http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

No idea where they get their info from, but Fernandinho, Nastasic and Jovetic all listed as being fit for the Spurs game. Kompany for Swansea on Dec 1 (which I have seen elsewhere).
At least Adebayor's injured, all he did last year was keep hurling himself into our players trying to injure them. According to that rodwell's fit as well though and he's never fit :)

If your fitness benchmark is wee wee wee Mickey Owen or Michael "Two Weeks" Johnson, he's Mr. Fit "Fitty" McFitness. Love to see him play a few games against varying opposition.

City 4-3 Tottingham Olympique.

Must win game for City,I'll go for a 3-1 with Sergio bagging another couple. Wonder if Joe is back in goal ? keep hearing different things.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Do you reckon Joe will start?

Comments from pellers on sky website saying he still thinks he needs a rest but that he trusts him and convinced he will get back to his best

Sounds like he wont play this sunday.I am guessing we may see him against plzen though

We usually win well when we get an early goal. Hopefully we throw the kitchen sink at them for the first fifteen minutes or so and pen them in their own half. I feel that especially in this game, the team who scores first will win. Hopefully it's us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.