City Vs United Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Does Rag has a weak spot for City game

allitsok.gif

Does Rag has a weak spot for City game

if, as i assume by your name, english is not your natural language - good effort, i get the gist of what youre trying to say

if it is your natural language, i'm worried for you!

Alex Ferguson drops Howard Webb for crucial derby match !!

Alex Ferguson has controversially dropped talismanic referee Howard Webb from Man Utd’s starting 12 for the crucial Premier League clash with Man City, and will instead hand a start to Andre Marriner.
Early reports indicated that crowd favourite Webb would line up for the league leaders, but news has now surfaced that Ferguson is to take a gamble on Marriner.
Marriner, who has only made 3 starts for Man Utd this season, is a surprise selection by Ferguson, given Webb’s ability to pull highly contentious decisions out of the bag in big matches.
“Webby has put in some great performances for us in the past, but I feel the expectation levels of supporters could be too much for him on this occasion,” revealed Ferguson.
“I might put him on the bench as an impact referee in case we need one of their players sending off or a penalty deep into stoppage time.”
Manchester Derby
The news of Marriner’s inclusion has left United fans miffed given Ferguson’s criticism of his performance in a 2-0 defeat to Liverpool in 2009.
“It doesn’t make any sense not to include Webbo,” said avid fan John Henderson, who has lived in Plymouth all his life and whose only connection with Manchester is that he once voted for Bez when he was on Celebrity Big Brother.
“In games like this you want your best performers on the pitch, and Webbsio pulling the strings is as good as going into the game with a two-nil lead.”
“I hope that Ferguson has seen something in Marriner in training that suggests he can rise to the occasion.”
“If City have still got eleven men on the pitch at half-time then I’ll be singing Webbsyio’s name.”
“I’ll be singing it at the TV, but rest assured that the wife will be left in no doubt about how angry I am.”

Re: Team/formation/gameplan for the derby.....

Cant get better than this for me, this is how we set out and performed so well at start of season CTID
kenzie115 said:
Hope he sticks with the fluid four rather than revert to 3 in midfield.

---------------------- Hart ---------------------

Richards -- Kompany -- Lescott ------- Clichy

--------------- Yaya ------ Barry --------------

---- Silva ---------------------------- Nasri ----

-------------- Tevez ----- Aguero -------------

Re: Team/formation/gameplan for the derby.....

kenzie115 said:
Hope he sticks with the fluid four rather than revert to 3 in midfield.

---------------------- Hart ---------------------

Richards -- Kompany -- Lescott ------- Clichy

--------------- Yaya ------ Barry --------------

---- Silva ---------------------------- Nasri ----

-------------- Tevez ----- Aguero -------------
Agree

Just got this feeling that United are going to score at least 2 goals and 1 of them will be Scholes or Giggs.

I think they will play 4-5-1 like in the FA cup game and play counter attacking football as they only need a draw; this is going to be played like a CL group game by them IMO.

Noel Gallagher was on TalkSport last night and said if we score first it could be a classic and I do agree with him however if they score first then our support will be very quiet which we really do not want!

ESPN Brasil, Beijing TV, Abu Dhabi Media Company, Canal+ France, ESPN Star - The TV coverage works basically is going to be broadcasting this game to an estimated 650 million people so we need to put up a good show, El Clasico got around 400m last week so this game is becoming huge globally!

Come on City, just believe and please please do not bottle it now!! 2nd chances do not come often especially when we were 8 points behind a few weeks ago!

The historic Manchester derby - loads of facts and figures

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_derby" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_derby</a>

sam-caddick said:
Just got this feeling that United are going to score at least 2 goals and 1 of them will be Scholes or Giggs.

I think they will play 4-5-1 like in the FA cup game and play counter attacking football as they only need a draw; this is going to be played like a CL group game by them IMO.

Noel Gallagher was on TalkSport last night and said if we score first it could be a classic and I do agree with him however if they score first then our support will be very quiet which we really do not want!

ESPN Brasil, Beijing TV, Abu Dhabi Media Company, Canal+ France, ESPN Star - The TV coverage works basically is going to be broadcasting this game to an estimated 650 million people so we need to put up a good show, El Clasico got around 400m last week so this game is becoming huge globally!

Come on City, just believe and please please do not bottle it now!! 2nd chances do not come often especially when we were 8 points behind a few weeks ago!

For my tuppeny worth
I dont think they will score twice, least of all those two - I hardly think Scholes will get over the half way line if they play 4-5-1, Giggs will be a bit part sub imo as they never start together these days against decent opposition. As said elsewhere if they do play it like a European game I hope its on this years form in the ECL as they've been dire.

I think the atmosphere will be electric and a goal for them wont quieten it for long not where I sit anyway! I cant imagine it being "very quiet" at any point. Cant see it being a classic either no matter who scores first. If its us they will play the same counter attacking style until the last 5 mins if they're still behind as they only need the draw and won't "go for it" until then.

It'll be well watched globally but i'd take some of those viewing figures with a pinch of salt until they know the numbers after the game.

Be interesting if they play Wellbeck as he's been good for them recently but wont fit a 4-5-1 so I reckon it'll be a 4-4-1-1 with Rooney playing off the front and helping out Carrick-Scholes-Valencia-Tom Daley. The big one is who plays right back for them. F the Brazillian encumbant was woeful against Everton but the alternatives are Smalling who's been injured then out of form or Jones who's clearly not up to the job yet, both of who are naturally centre halves. No matter who it is they can be got at in this position as this is clearly a weak link. I'm also hoping Ferdinand and Evans are chasing shadows all game as Aguerro and Tevez run in behind them as they are least competent at dealing with that kind of movement and defending facing their own goal.
They can hurt us with balls into the box as the FA Cup game showed before Vinny got the red so we must be disciplined. Both full backs for us must not go missing when they have the ball and we have to cut out the supply, keep Valencia and Daley quiet and we mostly nullify the threat. I think we have the greater threat but it's gonna be a nervy affair. I'm confident we won't bottle it though and I hope Camel gob is crying on twitter on Monday night. I'd take a 1-0 right now with Tevez in the 97th minute. Not good for the heart no doubt but 3 points is all I want.

We need some positive waves,

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJNpxvdqd_o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJNpxvdqd_o</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.