City Vs United Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been through the entire thread, so don't know if someone has already posted this. But the bbc sport site has put up the "chances made" comparisons of Silva v Valencia saying they are the main threats on monday.

What is clear is that Valencia looks like he'd be much more easy to contain, provided Clichy is picked and plays well. Where as about 3 or 4 united players will have to keep Silva quiet. And if Valencia is stopped then about 75% of the scum's attacking threat is nullified and rooney will be starved of chances.

Shauntheprofitmachine said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17867240

he doesn't say he definitely will, but I remember after the Man U Everton game, one of the pundits highlighted how Fellaini, a big striker was bullying Evans and Ferdinand throughout the game, this being one of the main reasons they salvaged an unbelievable point.

Would Bobby try the same with Balotelli?(even though Dzeko is our biggest striker, but Id bet my house Mancini doesnt start Edin!) Wouldn't the rags would target Balo if we started him?

In my opinion, I would keep Kun and Carlitos up top.

What would you do?

Tevez is quality at holding players of while with the ball but is have Yaya as high up as possible he scares the ahit out of the scum that's for sure

I think milner has to start in place of either silva or nasri to give us cover on the flanks otherwise young/nani andvalencia are going to have a field day.

Hart
Zabaleta-Kompany-Lescott-Clichy
Silva-DeJong-Barry-Nasri
Tevez-Aguero

Zabaleta/Silva and Clichy/Nasri working in tandem down the flanks. DeJong and Barry sat. Let Tevez and Aguero go to town on Ferdinand and Evans. Get a goal or two then replace either Tevez or Aguero (whoever is looking more fatigued) with Yaya and go 5 in midfield. Really looking forward to this one.

MCFC BOB said:
Hart; Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy; Milner, Barry, Yaya, Silva; Aguero, Tevez

Pantilimon; Zabaleta, Kolarov; de Jong, Nasri; Balotelli, Dzeko.

This game means so much to me as a person and a football fan. Come on City, let's do this! 2-0.
I like this lineup as well; it's one of the three teams I hope Mancini plays.

Milner to provide the industry, grit, and defensive work...Nasri to come on in the second half to deal the death blow.

Re: Does Rag has a weak spot for City game

City Raider said:
if, as i assume by your name, english is not your natural language - good effort, i get the gist of what youre trying to say

if it is your natural language, i'm worried for you!

I think it's FS

greasedupdeafguy said:
I think milner has to start in place of either silva or nasri to give us cover on the flanks otherwise young/nani andvalencia are going to have a field day.

100% agree. Milner was one of the reasons we dominated last time. Silva has to start, so Nasri heading to the bench. If Milner plays we can sacrifice Zabs' defensive nous for Richards pace against their wingers.

Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Clichy
Barry
Milner Yaya Silva
Tevez
Aguero

After Watching the 6-1 Highlights again, Milner Simply has to start.

.........................Hart

Richards...Kompany.....Lescott..Clichy

.........Milner....Yaya Toure......Barry

................Aguero..........Silva

.........................Tevez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.