City vs Utd post match discussion

pudge said:
i♥city! said:
Its funny how no one has made a post on how useless Clichy was today . Opening his legs for Rooney's first goal , Making Rafael look like Ronaldo for the second .
Maybe that's because Clichy was actually one of our best players today.

Only one who showed passion for 90 minutes

Have to disagree there,did you see Zab's reaction when they scored the third?
He was devestated.

Don't think we played poorly today, controlled the game first half before poor defending then lost our way for 15 minutes before taking the match to them second half and came close to winning the game. Yes we are disappointed but it's not all doom and gloom. Let's not lose perspective we weren't playing a bottom of the table team today and the match could have gone either way. We are going to lose games but I honestly think that defeat could kick start our season and spur us on to retain the title.

Feeling more confident that we'll win the league than I was after the 1-6.

Hunt the fuckers down.

Few thoughts.

Firstly, while he wasn't very good today, the abuse regarding Balotelli is a bit over the top, and I'm a critic of his. I thought he and Aguero were our two best players in the opening 15 minutes, it was unfortunate for the two of them that their first goal shook the rest of the team so much. We were much the better side in the opening exchanges but that goal completely knocked the wind out of our sails. It shouldn't have.
Secondly and I suspect this has already been said but we missed Milner in this game. Last season, when he played up front in the 6-1, Kompany completely outplayed Rooney and marked him out of the game. This season, however, he has become much more difficult to mark due to the nature of what is in many ways a free role. James would have helped with that today, Barry was having to do too much defensive work on his own, and he didn't play that well anyway.
I thought today would be a day that Yaya really turned up, unfortunately that was not the case. He should have thought that today more than ever he needed to fulfill his defensive requirements. He's becoming a liability as a defensive midfielder. He really is resting on his laurels.
Finally, it was nice to see fight from so many of the players in the second half. Unfortunately, Nasri yet again proved just how much of a shit bag he is. Mancini is finding it really difficult to fit them both into the same team, but moments like that from Samir won't give him the edge over Silva, not that he's anywhere close to David's level anyway.

mcfc2607 said:
Am I the only one who thinks we were the better side. (Be quite a bit)
They only played on the counter that's how fucking shit they are.
There goalie makes a lot of mistakes.
There defence is wank
There midfield is wank

But there strike force is world class. Take out van rapist and there shite.
At 2-2 we were the only team likely to score.

Proves how far we have come, the way those red twats celebrated.
You would think they had won the premiership, champions league,fa cup and X factor all in one.

I'm going to put a bet on us winning the league tomorrow as I'm still confident we will still win it be a fair few points. Should get good odds aswell.
Absolutely this ^
I actually thought 'Ballo' didn't play that bad but, for me, would rather he wasnt part of our plans. We're just not sure what we're gonna get. Deffo gonna put £40 on us tomorrow. (these days thats a big bet for me!)
Have faith Blues long way to go, chin up.

moomba said:

Hunt the fuckers down.
Agreed. We didn't deserve to lose that and there'll pay for that in the weeks to come

Marvin said:
moomba said:

Hunt the fuckers down.
Agreed. We didn't deserve to lose that and there'll pay for that in the weeks to come

Too right, bring it on.

Very dissapointed that given everybody knows they will ping the Ball out wide and bomb forward we did nothing to counter it and Clichy especially was left exposed far too often with too much ground to cover.

Up front,I think its unanimous that we should have started with Tevez; but I didn't think Balotelli was having a poor game and I would have pulled Nasri off. We did create numerous chances as well second half, something we haven't been doing lately so we take some pluses away.

On the negative side - our best players were Kolo,Nasti and Zabs all defenders which is because United just looked frightening as they swept passed us and much of it was of the "last ditch" variety. A good goal disallowed for them and Tevez should have walked.

Long term for the rest of the Season, I do think we are capable of passing them but we need to start showing it week in week out and we need big performances from big players such as Silva, Yaya and Kun much more often.

B\connellblue said:
Mancini and I quote “I think we made a mistake for the Van Persie free-kick at the end by only putting three men in the wall. I wanted four but I couldn’t get the instruction over and I think that cost us the goal" Why could he not get the instruction over? They took fucking ages to take the free quick! Jesus it gets more infuriating as the day goes on. Originally there was 4 in the wall but Harte only wanted 3 and sent Carlos to mark **** in case of a short one or did I imagine that.

Who the fucks Harte raggy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.