City vs Utd post match discussion

peppos said:
IMo Mario played well the first 45 min, wasn't able to shoot but i liked how he passed the ball
The only player i didn't liked at all was Nasri; he can't defend ok, but he did nothing offensively.
Mancini should try something else, without the frenchman.

A Gooner mate at work told me Nasri was a "Pussy", I thought it was sour grapes after they lost him but now I realise, he's a Pussy

Can't believe Clichy getting stick. He was left exposed on that flank time and time again.

Other thoughts:

We gave them too much room in midfield and their pace exposed this.

Our ability to win the ball back when we lose it (particularly today from our own corners) in virtually non-existent.

Am a bit worried that our midfield seems to be being by passed too easily.

For some reason the first goal seemed to drain any confidence we had in one swoop. Not sure why that should be.

80s Shorts said:
B\connellblue said:
Mancini and I quote “I think we made a mistake for the Van Persie free-kick at the end by only putting three men in the wall. I wanted four but I couldn’t get the instruction over and I think that cost us the goal" Why could he not get the instruction over? They took fucking ages to take the free quick! Jesus it gets more infuriating as the day goes on. Originally there was 4 in the wall but Harte only wanted 3 and sent Carlos to mark **** in case of a short one or did I imagine that.

Who the fucks Harte raggy.

I've already pulled the red twat up over that one.....

B\connellblue said:
Mancini and I quote “I think we made a mistake for the Van Persie free-kick at the end by only putting three men in the wall. I wanted four but I couldn’t get the instruction over and I think that cost us the goal" Why could he not get the instruction over? They took fucking ages to take the free quick! Jesus it gets more infuriating as the day goes on. Originally there was 4 in the wall but Harte only wanted 3 and sent Carlos to mark **** in case of a short one or did I imagine that.

This is what I understood too, which means Hart was pretty confident of blocking a direct shot...if only Nasri hadn't stuck his leg out at that moment..
And if those above quotes are true, I'm not sure why Mancini is making this lapse public?? He should be taking matters in his own hands and ensuring that the team follows his instructions to the letter...This only undermines his position as manager..

My view on today's game is that Mancini picked the wrong team. Why pick Balotelli when it is obvious to everyone that Aguero and Tevez are the best pairing. United were 2-0 up at half time and many on here are going on about how we should have won, however, if the Ref had given Youngs goal, as he was onside, I don't believe that we would have made any sort of comeback. I thought before the game that we would score at least 2, possibly more, but that didn't look likely until the referee decisions helped us out. If Webb had been involved they would have had a pen as well. We need to be realistic and understand that we weren't good enough to qualify for the Champions League and similarly, we weren't good enough today. Mancini himself wasn't good enough in my view. Toure should not have been brought on ahead of Lescott; Balotelli shouldn't have been picked ahead of Tevez. Unless we take this into account, we won't improve.

Anyone saying they're not bothered is lying. Nasri, Garcia, Sinclair, Balo, kolarov, all need replacing. Yaya is a shadow of himself and very difficult to replace we are not as strong as last year and they are stronger. We were better team today and lost at home. That for me hurts and worries me. We need pace in January desperately we lost two goals today just because they had quicker runners than us.

Thoughts on the match:
I understand why Bobby chose to start Balo: He has a good track record against them, and they appear to dislike both playing against him and him as a footballer. But knew he was in the wrong frame of mind from the off after he couldn't be bothered to chase for that corner.

Nasri: Has had his chances, but time and again proven he's not industrious or diligent enough to start in these games (unlike Mr Reliable Milner - provides the safety and industry to work the opposition until they are tired and we feel out the weak spots.)

We were suckered by typical Cityitis in the first half (panic when defending the counter leading to over-commitment.)

We were pretty even with them in terms of chances/opportunities not given by ref etc.

We bossed the second half, and for all his 'tactical genius' in the first half the second showed that the bus-park/counter is pretty much all Bacon has in the bag against us these days.

Someone mentioned they were more clinical - what I noticed was that they chose to take a shot on the few occasions when they broke. Shots create goals and opportunities. we eventually figured that out after comfy possession but virtually no attempts in the first half. The Barry opp near halef time revealed the way forwards - pull it back on the ground and shoot - or at least do so more often when you have a sight near the box - De Gea will spill and fumble some of them, some will go in, some will deflect in...

Like Lomas' Lob On I feel strangely proud despite not being happy about the result.
The raggy celebrations at the end show how good we are now, as did our comeback. They know they can never rest or feel safe again even if a couple of goals up (interestingly similar score the the FA Cup last year when again we lost Kompany early on), and that, my friends, leads us to the future:

No-one wins the league after 1/3 of the season, but let's think about the worried who are fearing the 6 point gap. 6 Points. Sounds a bit large, that it could grow etc. etc.
But in reality (and I think this is what the sour-faced p*ss can has realised so many times over the years in maintaining his team's drive) during the course of a season, it really is nothing much to be concerned about right now - before today, we were breathing down their necks and one reversed weekend could have seen us take top spot. We could still be in the same position considering that they still have to play us again, and, just like last year, a win for us if we are in the same position would see further immense pressure piled upon them which caused them to go for a draw and crumble last time out.

What's passed is gone, it doesn't affect the next game; let's go out and do what we have to do.

Absolutely gutted.
The rags were being pummelled for the first 15 minutes and were resorting to their usual cheating until............
I don't think I will get over this result until I head butt Rooney.

Gutted but not the end of the world...this must be players wake up call from now on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.