City vs Utd post match discussion

mr t said:
I thought Fergie got his tactics spot on today. For a long time now in games we have masses of pocession but lack a killer punch up front and teams now know that if they mark us tightly and make it difficult for us to get through we make mistakes and the opposition find that they can hit us on the break.

United looked so quick on the break today in the first 30 minutes it was frightening but they were entitled to be speedy because we were doing all the work and they capitalised on our errors to go two up and we had a fight on our hands.

Been saying all season and it was highlighted in the last home game against Everton that due to the nature of our short neat passing down the middle and very narrow, if teams put aa bank of 4 defenders and 4 midfielders across the pitch we're gonna struggle to pass it through and the second we lose it on the edge of the opponents box we're open to counter attack after counter attack and it doesn't help we have little pace in the team to chase back. We need to start stretching teams to leave gaps in the middle.

mr t said:
I thought Fergie got his tactics spot on today. For a long time now in games we have masses of pocession but lack a killer punch up front and teams now know that if they mark us tightly and make it difficult for us to get through we make mistakes and the opposition find that they can hit us on the break.

United looked so quick on the break today in the first 30 minutes it was frightening but they were entitled to be speedy because we were doing all the work and they capitalised on our errors to go two up and we had a fight on our hands.
Just watched Match of the Day2 - Alan Hansen "City had the better players, United were the better team". Kiddo knows only too well how Ferguson operates - Kiddo needs to have a word in Mancini's shell like!

rastus said:
MCFC BOB said:
michaelspain said:
I'm 65 now and I've been through the lot with City. I'm grateful for the fabulous stadium we have and all the rescourses that we have now, but I don't bang on about stuff through 'blue eyes'. I'm a realist and I've learned over the years that you can't be arrogant in football. Arrogance seems to be the the norm in the forums as if the lads should never lose! 55 years I've supported City now - I've seen the lot and suffered more than I've rejoiced. Take a step back and enjoy the fact that we are where we are today - Don't believe me? Ask the scoucers in red!
This type of attitude is holding us back.

Not really...

Unless you expect global domination as a minimum requirement
Think about Aguero's goal against QPR.

Had that goal not gone in the game would have finished 2-2 and United would have won the title. Had that happened, I can assure you that, in the midst of the shock and disappointment, not one City fan would have said, "Just look at where we are today and be grateful. Who cares if we've lost the title?" because last season we expected domestic success. I'll admit that I cried when we won the FA Cup and I'll admit that I cried when I realised we'd finish third and qualified for the Champions' League, and I'll also admit that I did look back to the only day that I have ever left a game early through frustration - it was a cold, rainy day near the turn of the year (2006/2007) and we'd just been battered 3-0 at home by a very poor Leicester side under Stuart Pearce - and I did think to myself, "Wow, we've come such a long way" but I didn't think about stopping at just the FA Cup and third place - I wanted more. I wanted that Premier League title more than anything once I knew what success felt like.

But all of a sudden the "I don't mind, it is [insert difficult task here] after all, we can't get arrogant now" attitude that has occasionally defeated us since we were taken over seems to have crept back in there during this season as some kind of excuse for underperforming. There seems to be a lack of desire to shake things up. It is almost as if we are admitting defeat to ourselves before stepping out there and trying to get the job done. If we'd done that after United went eight points clear we'd be sat with red faces and we'd have been left trophiless last season. You don't "fight to the end", only to sit back and be pleased with what we have when our biggest rivals take a step ahead of us. This attitude needs to stop - arrogance breeds success. Name one successful team that isn't seen as "arrogant" by fans of teams that aren't as successful, because I'm struggling to do so.

We can't take the next step forward if we're constantly looking backwards.

the best team doesn't always win, such is football, people don't forget that. a Shit chelsea won EUROPE last year on this concept...

I for one am actually excited to see some vigor in our players today, the opening half an hour was riveting, and the second half was ours. ill give them the van persie goal, fair enough it was a good free kick, but the other 2 on any other day would have been easily prevented.

onward my fellow blues, the season is long, the derbys aren't done, the blue moon is rising again:

a loss to the rags? our home record gone? undefeated record gone? champion and europa gone?

dissapointing: yes
but some gorgeous football was played today by our wonderful team. we are lucky that even when we lose, we still look good. And if we keep improving (as i believe we have been doing since the season started) by late jan we will be warmed up and ready for the run in.

so fuck it, you're sad, you're not happy with what mancinis doing, but you are a SUPPORTER SO SUPPORT RIGHT?!

CTID CTID CTID

Tevez City said:
BosnianDiamond said:
I have been saying for weeks that our tempo of play is too slow. Instead majority of you choose to bash the players when clearly Mancini is to blame for these tactics. He had hit his ceiling and will never be able to take City to the next level. Last years championship win was in spite of Mancini, not because of Mancini.

Lets wait until the end of the season and then evaluate him again.

Success is not guaranteed with any other manager now even Pep.

No success is never guaranteed with any manager, with any club. But this season upto now is not good enough, we have failed miserably in the CL. Where in fact we were to an extent shown up. Performances this season in the prem have left a lot to be desired as well.

The owners are building our club for great things - the academy has been based on a mix of other academies based around the world ala Milan and Barca. We have now brought in the 2 former Barcelona big guns that helped transform their club into the power house that they are now (although they where a major club anyway). I just think that Soriano and Tixi will be looking to bring in Pep by next summer regardless if we retain the title with bobby.
And for anyone to dismiss the idea that these 2 have not even discussed it between themselves, is daft.

I do think that Bobby will be given to the summer, but regardless of retaining the title, Pep could well be here next summer.

Ntini77 said:
Damn. We got punished on the counter-attack badly today.

No complaints, though. United had a perfectly good goal disallowed and a penalty appeal that could have gone their way. Oh and Tevez should've been sent off.

Rooney shouldn't have been on the pitch, we got nothing from the ref, Yaya beats 4 of them with a Maradona esque run and ref pulls him back for a free kick instead of playing advantage (!), Smalling drags ball back with his hand and RAFAEL dives for the free kick. Don't be too magnanimous.

mr t said:

The only thing they do is counter take the ball pass it to the fukin wings and bum rush the box. those inbred faggots have been doing it for years they try and try again till they get a goal. RVP was completely useless the whole game bar the last goal.

Wasn't to be today...

We were clearly better side but they're just too clinical. 4 shots on target converted to 3 goals and 4th should be too, it was not offside.

They've barely had anything to show from them beside goals on MOTD, it was all City but goals. Our finishing is League 1 alike at the moment.

I'm still confident, it would be crime against football if that lot would win the title, they were outplayed in 80% of matches they played so far. F'n van Persie.

MCFC BOB said:
rastus said:
MCFC BOB said:
This type of attitude is holding us back.

Not really...

Unless you expect global domination as a minimum requirement
Think about Aguero's goal against QPR.

Had that goal not gone in the game would have finished 2-2 and United would have won the title. Had that happened, I can assure you that, in the midst of the shock and disappointment, not one City fan would have said, "Just look at where we are today and be grateful. Who cares if we've lost the title?" because last season we expected domestic success. I'll admit that I cried when we won the FA Cup and I'll admit that I cried when I realised we'd finish third and qualified for the Champions' League, and I'll also admit that I did look back to the only day that I have ever left a game early through frustration - it was a cold, rainy day near the turn of the year (2006/2007) and we'd just been battered 3-0 at home by a very poor Leicester side under Stuart Pearce - and I did think to myself, "Wow, we've come such a long way" but I didn't think about stopping at just the FA Cup and third place - I wanted more. I wanted that Premier League title more than anything once I knew what success felt like.

But all of a sudden the "I don't mind, it is [insert difficult task here] after all, we can't get arrogant now" attitude that has occasionally defeated us since we were taken over seems to have crept back in there during this season as some kind of excuse for underperforming. There seems to be a lack of desire to shake things up. It is almost as if we are admitting defeat to ourselves before stepping out there and trying to get the job done. If we'd done that after United went eight points clear we'd be sat with red faces and we'd have been left trophiless last season. You don't "fight to the end", only to sit back and be pleased with what we have when our biggest rivals take a step ahead of us. This attitude needs to stop - arrogance breeds success. Name one successful team that isn't seen as "arrogant" by fans of teams that aren't as successful, because I'm struggling to do so.

We can't take the next step forward if we're constantly looking backwards.
Bollocks get real

mr t said:

not a patch on real madrid for pace

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.