City vs Villa Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: One good thing about last night

And another good thing about last night 20,000 (and more) of our fans turned up on what was probably the wettest night of the year so far which proves, once again, that we have ~'the best fans in the land in all the world'~

guvnors son mcfc said:
Avoided posting last night as it would just of been a rant, cold and wet, £70 lighter and home around midnight. I have had a nights sleep to calm down but here it goes.

First and foremost the club missed an opportunity to fill the ground with new young fans with cheaper tickets. The ground was over half empty and I understand we have a limited fan base with expensive European trips etc and people are skint, however you could see the players response to playing in an empty stadium with zero passion just like the crowd. This is not a pop at the crowd but nobody can get up for it with thousands of empty seats. Should of been pay on the night, kids for a quid, adults a fiver etc.

Now for the team.

Pantomime is a poor goalkeeper, end of. Even a ten year old keeper knows to push a shot away from danger, or tip around for a corner, not cushion it as he did V Chelsea and last night. Awful goalkeeper !

Kolo Toure, finished and only here to keep Yaya here and happy. Has lost what he had at Arsenal and cannot even take a throw in ! Every one he takes is a foul throw !!

Milner - Are we purposely trying to piss him off ? We leave him out all season and then play him in the League cup and then move his position three times during the same game !!

Lescott also knows that Mancini is not a fan of his and his body language tells me he's days are numbered.

Sinclair - Early days but he looks frightened to death out there and is not going to be a world beater.

Mario - Totally not interested last night, did not want to be there

Barry - Worst performance in a City shirt.

Tevez - Ran his balls off as usual but down lots of blind alleys.

The two young kids making their debuts it's not fair to comment, both young and did ok. In fact the only two who wanted to be there.

Just pray that Joe Hart does not get injured. His place is the safest in league football !

Would agree with all your analysis except for Sinclair..

he was our best player on the night. he actually had the balls to try and make something happen , esp second half.. reminded me of SWP sometimes

what is so worryng is how his performance stuck out from the rest (Tevez, perhaps excepted)

Yes the result bothers me, but its the response thats the most important thing here. Couldnt be a tougher game coming up on Saturday given that the cottage is something of a bogey ground for us.

Time to stand up and be counted City.

dom said:
guvnors son mcfc said:
Avoided posting last night as it would just of been a rant, cold and wet, £70 lighter and home around midnight. I have had a nights sleep to calm down but here it goes.

First and foremost the club missed an opportunity to fill the ground with new young fans with cheaper tickets. The ground was over half empty and I understand we have a limited fan base with expensive European trips etc and people are skint, however you could see the players response to playing in an empty stadium with zero passion just like the crowd. This is not a pop at the crowd but nobody can get up for it with thousands of empty seats. Should of been pay on the night, kids for a quid, adults a fiver etc.

Now for the team.

Pantomime is a poor goalkeeper, end of. Even a ten year old keeper knows to push a shot away from danger, or tip around for a corner, not cushion it as he did V Chelsea and last night. Awful goalkeeper !

Kolo Toure, finished and only here to keep Yaya here and happy. Has lost what he had at Arsenal and cannot even take a throw in ! Every one he takes is a foul throw !!

Milner - Are we purposely trying to piss him off ? We leave him out all season and then play him in the League cup and then move his position three times during the same game !!

Lescott also knows that Mancini is not a fan of his and his body language tells me he's days are numbered.

Sinclair - Early days but he looks frightened to death out there and is not going to be a world beater.

The two young kids making their debuts it's not fair to comment, both young and did ok. In fact the only two who wanted to be there.

Just pray that Joe Hart does not get injured. His place is the safest in league football !

he was our best player on the night. he actually had the balls to try and make something happen , esp second half.. reminded me of SWP sometimes

what is so worryng is how his performance stuck out from the rest (Tevez, perhaps excepted)

That is a good thing?

Comrade Buka said:
dom said:
guvnors son mcfc said:

Now for the team.

That is a good thing?

Of course it is. How could you question that??? SWP was a hero for us and at his best, one of the best players in the prem, easy.

What did we pay for Sinclair? £7m, £8m? And what did Mourinho - who you might hope knows more than you or I about football - pay for SWP? Was it £22m?

So yes, I'd say Sinclair being likened to SWP is quite a compliment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.