City vs Villa Post Match Discussion Thread

mancity1 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
mancity1 said:
And injury and lack of motivation to be the best he could be has killed Johnson's career.

Its a poor record and it needs addressing if we are to continue to thrive and produce internationals of any standing in the future.

there's a tiny little thing called the Etihad Campus coming.

The academy will be fine, what isn't fine is our transfer policy, if that had been top notch in the summer those kids last night would have had better quality players around them last night.

Facilities are one thing , having scouts that indentify talent and can nature them to a successful professional career at the club that gives them the resources they need is another.

When we have 2 or three Micahs on a regular basis then we can start talking.

As for our policy for established players and last night , if Kolo , Kolorov, Lescott, Dzeko, Balotelli, Tevez, Milner and Barry are what you define as quality that needs improving on in a league cup game against a side who had five changes to a team that shipped in 4 goals in the second half to Southampton 48 hours earlier to give our 3 youngsters the security they needed then heaven help them when things really get tough.

Kolo I thought should have gone in the summer, Milner is no right back.

Other than that, where's the creativity, where are the wingers? We lost last night because we had no midfield.<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:43 pm --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Marvin said:
There was nothing wrong with the quality of the players around them. Individually they were better than Villa. But if you change an entire team, and play kids at the centre of it and throw a new keeper and new defenders togther you will have problems. Arsenal play their kids in this every season but they can do that as they have continuity over a decade

Villa played pretty much their first team.

The chopping and changing doesn't help but we have a lot more on our plates than the likes of Villa and I don't see what else we can do other than rotate.

As for nothing wrong with the quality of those players, well I don't think we have the quality or type of players we need to play a 2nd string team that's strong enough to fit the formations we want to play.
You could do what Chelsea did and play a strong team that wins the game in the 1st half and coasts in 2nd gear. Or you could rotate. managers call. Maybe he made the right call. The way we are playing, we could have played our strongest team, and we'd have still struggled and with big games ahead that would have meant fielding a weakened team at Fulham.

I think we do have the quality in the squad, but they need work on the training pitch and game time before you can change almost an entire team from one game to the next and expect to play as a cohesive team. Hart organises our back 4, and how many times have Lescott and Nastasic played together, even in training?

very rarely I'd suspect as they are both left footed and Nasty is basically JoLe's long term replacement.

Lescott wasn't even meant to play, it was meant to be Rodders, dunno what happened there but it would probably given us more beef at the back.

Biggest mistake I thought was taking Lescott out of the middle of the back 3 and swapping him with Nasty who looked much more comfortable on the left side, once Nasty moved into the middle he struggled and we shipped 4.

Oh dear...

Denis Suárez on Radio Marca: "We played (v Villa) w/ 5 men at the back at home. The fans didn't understand it either."

He says nothing untrue but a manager like Mancini never forgets comments like this.

LoveCity said:
Oh dear...

Denis Suárez on Radio Marca: "We played (v Villa) w/ 5 men at the back at home. The fans didn't understand it either."

He says nothing untrue but a manager like Mancini never forgets comments like this.

Nope, that's probably Denis frozen out forever

LoveCity said:
Oh dear...

Worrying when an 18 yr old kid is questioning his managers tactics.

More worrying is the idea he wouldn't have been the only one in the dressing room doing that......

LoveCity said:
Oh dear...

I thought we always played 3 at the back?

Re: One good thing about last night

Another good thing about last night we wont have loads of fixtures in january like this year there always a postive

LoveCity said:
Oh dear...

eFvWX.gif

LoveCity said:
Oh dear...

Oh dear...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.