City vs Villa post match discussion

city91 said:
inbetween said:
I have to say the refs gave us this one, played well anyway though never doubted the result just how many. Come on Norwich!!!

Really? Fair doos the first one was never a penalty but do you really think we would have not won if that wasn't given?

That's what i meant mate, never doubted the result as in whether we would win. But have to say they went to pieces after the 2nd penalty, we got lucky with that, they did have a few decent chances in the first 15 mins. Happy with a clean sheet more than anything and the result was always going to take care of itself.

Brilliant performance. Were only going to get better, watch out the rest!

inbetween said:
I have to say the refs gave us this one, played well anyway though never doubted the result just how many. Come on Norwich!!!

I'm sure they'll win, but I know Norwich will make it difficult for them.

johnmc said:
Did you randomly find a picture of hulk on the moon with someone in the background spinning plates or did you go out of your way to make it yourself.
I made it
Imagine if their was just a random pic of the hulk, on the moon, with a guy spinning 10 plates, on sticks.

CaliforniaBlue said:
black mamba said:
Dirty Harry said:
Fortunate to get the first pen, but if you're going to wave your hand at the ball and take it away at the last millisecond, don't be surprised if it confuses the linesman.

Absolutely Harry .....

Villas players were incensed , and seemingly with good reason , as the second goal proved to be the pivotal moment in the match ... but you cou;d maybe understand the linesman being 'duped' by it , it happened so fast and the Vlla player seemed to pull his arm back at the very last moment.

The sound went out on my stream before the penalty, and without commentary it took a while to figure out what was going on. When it became clear we'd got a pen, I was sure it was for the foul on Kompany (the Villa number 6 had his arm round his waist and pulled him away from the ball). I was a bit surprised, because although it was absolutely a foul, that sort of thing is allowed at almost every corner (for some reason...). The handling call was a gift, however - I think when you jump up for a header, the 'natural position' for your arms is sticking straight out (hence why players get away with sneaky elbows to the face/throat). Oh well, enough bad calls go against us.

On the other hand, the conspiratorial side of my nature suspects we might have been deliberately given two dodgy pens in a game we were almost certainly going to win anyway, just to stop us complaining when the Scum get penalties that change games in their favor.... Discuss.

Tbh, and I need to look a bit closer, but there may be a case that the player acts as if he goes for it with his hand to deceive the players behind, not sure exactly what that would achieve as it would potentially deceive both sets of players, but I don't think it was a natural movement, I think he just got caught out trying to be clever and it backfired.

kun said:
johnmc said:
Did you randomly find a picture of hulk on the moon with someone in the background spinning plates or did you go out of your way to make it yourself.
I made it
Imagine if their was just a random pic of the hulk, on the moon, with a guy spinning 10 plates, on sticks.

But in the future when people search for said pic there will be one to hand. Well done.

result was never in doubt after we scored one - sky interviewing Lambert asking him what he thought of the penalty decision that CHANGED THE GAME. whatever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.