City vs Villa - post match thread

Seriously now, how fucking bad were Villa? I feel for their fans - who really haven't got the hang of the 'gallows' humour. They'll need a few seasons in the Championship to get anywhere near as good as we were.

We were shite, play like that against any decent side and we'll most definitely lose. We seem to be playing at an incredibly slow tempo, one which I'm sure most OAPS would fancy themselves against. A win well needed but the scoreline flatters the performance. Think villa are the worst premier league side I've ever seen.

That was easy, Villa are woeful, to think before the takeover Villa and Everton were well ahead of us. I accept the job was done and you can only beat what is put in front of you but if we play like that against a half-decent side we will drop points. A lot of things are not right with us at the moment and sooner Pep gets stuck in the better. The irony of the whole thing is that we could end this season with a league and cup double and CL semi-finalists (OK that last one maybe a stretch!) playing poorly for large parts.

I have been supporting this club for 36 years and I have seen some rubbish, my love has never waivered but I think Pellers is holding us back. These players need assembling into a proper team unit where the sum of the parts is more than the parts, not less.

We were shite, play like that against any decent side and we'll most definitely lose. We seem to be playing at an incredibly slow tempo, one which I'm sure most OAPS would fancy themselves against. A win well needed but the scoreline flatters the performance. Think villa are the worst premier league side I've ever seen.

Spot on.

Nice to get a win before the break. The time off is much needed. Around two weeks after the break, Nasri and De Bruyne will be ready to return, giving us a number of options. De Bruyne will also make us much more dangerous from set pieces, thus giving us another weapon against tight defences.

That was easy, Villa are woeful, to think before the takeover Villa and Everton were well ahead of us. I accept the job was done and you can only beat what is put in front of you but if we play like that against a half-decent side we will drop points. A lot of things are not right with us at the moment and sooner Pep gets stuck in the better. The irony of the whole thing is that we could end this season with a league and cup double and CL semi-finalists (OK that last one maybe a stretch!) playing poorly for large parts.

I have been supporting this club for 36 years and I have seen some rubbish, my love has never waivered but I think Pellers is holding us back. These players need assembling into a proper team unit where the sum of the parts is more than the parts, not less.

The club agrees mate, hence the appointment of arguably the best manager in world football.

Until the summer though, Pellegrini is in charge and nothing will change that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.