City Vs Wolves Post Match Discussion Thread

See the blithering buffoon Lineker could barely raise a mention of us in his summary? Apparently the rags are still well placed?

cleavers said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Result was fantastic...performance wasn't.
I couldn't go today, and have just watched the sky full game replay, having earlier endured the BBC web commentary, and the match day comments on here from those watching. I must have seen a different game, the one I just watched, we totally dominated, created loads of chances, saw their keeper make 3 brilliant saves, and we should have had a stonewall penalty, it could have been 6 or 7-1. They had 3 or 4 attempts on goal including the penalty, and one of them must have nearly landed in level 2. We played against 12 including Attwell.

I thought we played well, granted we weren't world class today though, I didn't think we had any weak links on the pitch, the subs were spot on, and after Vinny was sent off Hart didn't have a save to make bar the penalty.

It was a hard game, but that is to be expected every week in this league, they played well, we had to break them down, we did, we won easily, and I thought everyone contributed to the win.

Agree 100%

I think sometimes, when you watch the game live (at the ground) you get a very intense view of it all. When you watch it back (fully) on TV it looks a lot different. The benefit of a second viewing can help you get some perspective.

At 2-1 I was convincing myself they were going to snatch an equaliser and already (in my mind) starting to think of the horror scenario of them winning! that's what watching City for years does to you! haha

We dominated the game, and just like the Everton match, it took time for us to break through. Eventually we did, albeit with a bit of luck, and with a poor referee.

Was it scintillating football? no
Was it solid, potential league winning form that we've seen from Arsenal, Chelsea and United over the year? yes

Barcelona we are not.
Serious candidates for the PL we are.

At the start of the season Roberto said we would be a little slow for the first ten games as the players got to know each other better.

Well, 10 games into the season 28 points out of 30, 36 goals for and a goal difference of 28.

If that's a slow start what will the rest of the season be like??

We are going to see many many more games this season like today. Prem Managers will be looking at ways to try and stop us and sitting deep packing the midfield and playing on the break is very likely.

i'm glad we won. Against a fucking muppet like attwell, its a tough test. But throughout the whole match, there seemed to be a lack of intensity from our players, it almost felt like our team thought we'd l won before playing, in other words underestimating the opposition. Perhaps that's just me. But a win is a win. Lescott did a great job, was my motm by far.

I wish to never see a gareth barry & yaya toure partnership ever again. Barry did well, but yaya was bad it was painful to watch. The number of mispasses, lack of a final pass within the attacting third, the inability to track back due to his mispass, ahhh he fucking frustrates me because he could be so much better. Against a team that's more direct on the counter, we would have been skinned ala napoli.

Roll on villareal.

Chippy_boy said:
Worst refereeing I have seen in months if not years. Not just bad, but overtly bent.

Everything from the ridiculous number of fouls awards against us, to the ignored penalty on Dzeko, the lack of yellows for some blatant fouling on our guys (Henry wrestling Yaya to the ground when he would be away on goal) and finally 5 added minutes.

That ref should be struck off for gross misconduct.
Yes i said that to the misses, would we have had 5 mins if the score would've already been 3-1, i don't think so, very bad ref, but not even mentioned on MOTD?

Micah has got equal assists this season (4) to his entire career before this season, amazing stat.

<a class="postlink" href="http://community.manutd.com/forums/t/206775.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://community.manutd.com/forums/t/206775.aspx</a>

Stupid bastards.

I thought wolves were well drilled and had a game plan, The ref was a disgrace, although after watching the full match again on sky not quite as bad as i first thought(normally the case) I think back to Everton games, hard to break down, not pretty but we got the 3 points which is all important. An early goal and it could've been the second easiest game wev'e played all season!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.