City's 2016/17 Kits- Opinions 4 Months On

The home shirt is a very nice football shirt. It's classy. But it's not really in keeping with City's traditions at all which is disappointing. The shirt looks more like Coventry's 2003-04 shirt than anything we have had in our entire 122 year history. Then you see every other Nike kit out there and they are all identical, a template for everyone and that is just shit!

I don't like sky blue shorts with the kit, never have, never will.

We don't look like Manchester City Football Club. Blue shirts, blue shorts, white socks is Chelsea; different coloured sleeves is Arsenal; too much sky blue and not enough white looks like Zenit or Coventry.

The away kits are the same, nice looking, but are just templates for all Nike teams. There's no individuality about them other than the badge and sponsor of each team being different and that makes me not want to buy one despite them being nice

Think that first sentence is the most telling. The shirt on it's own looks better worn by the fans... by that i mean, it looks pretty good as a casual shirt worn with jeans etc., and in itself isn't a bad shirt... but as most agree, the shirt and kit as a whole is just not City for me.

I didn't like them when they came out and I still don't like them. For me Nike has to come up with a much better shirt for next season or ditch them completely. We should go for Umbro or Adiddas for the shirts, or put them out to tender right now and see who can come up ,with a good shirt design. I personally think that we should ditch Nike for next season, but I don't know how long is left on the deal, dose anybody have any idea as to how long is left on the shirt deal with Nike

I don't think the home kit is a bad kit at all. It's just not what I would expect of a Manchester City home kit.

Doesn't that make it an awful Manchester City kit?

I fucking hate it. its one of the worst we have ever had. 0/10.

the away is ok, 6/10. the third is just silly but at least kids like it. 2/10.

Thought they were shite when I first saw them and haven't changed my mind .

Shame melbournes kit wasn't our second kit as the black one is ruined by the badge.

We could win the treble in the home kit and it'd still be a grim kit.

Awful templated shite from Nike.

Can only hope we bin these clowns off, and their peanuts sponsorship deal, for a return to regular sky blue shirts, white shorts and sky blue socks. Proper Manchester City colours.

Home would be good if itvwas just blue and with white shorts

Away would be great if not for the badge.

They're fucking shite.
rs_560x315-140331131934-feudama4.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.