City's brand unaffected by FFP up from 8th to 5th in World

Re: City's brand unaffected by FFP up from 8th to 5th in Wor

zeven said:
urmston said:
I'm not convinced by a table which says City are a bigger brand than Liverpool.

Liverpool are still a much better known and supported club world wide than City.

This table seems like a snapshot to me, and I don't think City would stay so high if they failed to win a trophy for a year or two, while some other clubs have more resilience in this respect.
Its much more to an evaluation of a brand than how big he following is in Asia.
Right now im not suprised Manchester city is a stronger brand than liverpool.

I've lived in SE Asia for 20 years. In my view the fanbase here is quite fickle. Not just this; it's growing rapidly. New fans of the game will immediately relate to team of the moment. The way we won the 2012 title won us a huge number of fans and this year the way we played mid season with the wins against Rags Spuds and Arse have elevated us to the top table.

I've seen so many more City shirts this year.....not as many as the Rags and the Dippers, but pretty close. And I can now walk into a Local or Expat bar and fully expect to see City's games shown........ that NEVER used to happen in the past.

urmston said:

Liverpool are still a much better known and supported club world wide than City.

This table seems like a snapshot to me, and I don't think City would stay so high if they failed to win a trophy for a year or two, while some other clubs have more resilience in this respect.

I would agree with that regarding the rankings if you looked at "Value" which clearly is a snapshot and based on opinions / interpretation of accounts etc.

The interesting element for me is the "Rating" which has to be based on a combination of current success and attractiveness to the man on the street
AAA+ currently being the highest
Barca & Real M
AAA
Bayern, Scum & Juve (Juve are 13th by rating and obviously not making the most of their brand)
AAA-
City, Chelsea, Arse, Liv, Dortmund, PSG, Milan & Athletico
AA+
Schalke, Spuds, Inter, Ajax, Galatasaray, Everton, Napoli, Roma, Celtic, Benfica, PSV

the next grouping of AA includes Villa & Newcastle
AA- includes Sunderland & Stoke,

And imho those groups are probably not too far off, it groups us with Liverpool because of our recent successes but as you say we are not yet up to the dippers attractiveness and support across the world, the two things therefore balance out with these ratings.

Blue Moon Rising . . .

danebanksheik said:
urmston said:

I would agree with that regarding the rankings if you looked at "Value" which clearly is a snapshot and based on opinions / interpretation of accounts etc.

The interesting element for me is the "Rating" which has to be based on a combination of current success and attractiveness to the man on the street
Barca & Real M
AAA
Bayern, Scum & Juve (Juve are 13th by rating and obviously not making the most of their brand)
AAA-
AA+
Schalke, Spuds, Inter, Ajax, Galatasaray, Everton, Napoli, Roma, Celtic, Benfica, PSV

And imho those groups are probably not too far off, it groups us with Liverpool because of our recent successes but as you say we are not yet up to the dippers attractiveness and support across the world, the two things therefore balance out with these ratings.

Blue Moon Rising . . .
AAA ratings only tell you how reliable a company is to paying his dept, you could argue that its directly connected to your future cashflow. I stopped to care about AAA ratings after 2008 finacial meltdown, where AAA+ companies went bankrupt over night.

Sky Blue said:
Love the bitter and jealous comments on the Mail online app. Made my morning the soft twats.

Apparently, only 12k turned up for our parade !

12 K !! is that the correct figure or the made up figure by daily fail

babua_blue said:
Sky Blue said:
Love the bitter and jealous comments on the Mail online app. Made my morning the soft twats.

Apparently, only 12k turned up for our parade !

12 K !! is that the correct figure or the made up figure by daily fail

Just some daft comment by a lying idiotic red fucker.....

There were 15,000 in Albert Square alone. That's before the thousands in the streets. Red delusion as usual to try and make themselves feel big. Nothing will ever top their "19" parade for a hilariously bad turn-out.

zeven said:
danebanksheik said:
urmston said:

Barca & Real M
AAA
AAA-
AA+

Blue Moon Rising . . .
AAA ratings only tell you how reliable a company is to paying his dept, you could argue that its directly connected to your future cashflow. I stopped to care about AAA ratings after 2008 finacial meltdown, where AAA+ companies went bankrupt over night.

Not specifically in this case where it states the following -
Brand Ratings
These are derived from the Brand Strength Index which benchmarks the strength, risk and future potential of a brand relative to its competitors on a scale ranging from D to AAA. It is conceptually similar to a credit rating. (so similar idea but not based on credit rating)
AAA+ extremely strong
AA very strong
A strong
BBB-B average
CCC-C weak
DDD-D failing

LoveCity said:
There were 15,000 in Albert Square alone. That's before the thousands in the streets. Red delusion as usual to try and make themselves feel big. Nothing will ever top their "19" parade for a hilariously bad turn-out.
I've heard that at least half of them were dummies, like the roll-call in 'Escape to Victory'.

This list says Schalke 04 is 3x the brand than Internazinale and also bigger than Milan or Juve.

Come on, no way schalke 04 is more popular in Asia or anywhere else than these big Italian clubs. Also they dont have recent success like Juve 3times champions in 3 years etc.

zeven said:

The banking AAA credit ratings are completely different to this AAA brand rating. Just because they use the same score categories doesn't mean they assess on the same things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.