City's brand unaffected by FFP up from 8th to 5th in World

Re: City's brand unaffected by FFP up from 8th to 5th in Wor

The funniest thing about all this is that we owe some of our success to the strength of United. We have always been reasonably well known as "the other club in Manchester". I have relatives the USA and even in the 90s their football-daft kids saw City as cool (probably because of the Madchester scene and Oasis)
City have positioned themselves skilfully (welcome to Manchester Tevez posters etc) as the community club with staunch local routes. We are a sort of "anti-United" brand. We are the alternative choice for sponsors and in this way we actually feed off United's brand. The City of Manchester itself is a strong international brand (alternative to London) so that helps as well.
So, as well as supporting us by filling up their cars with fuel, we have a lot to thank the rags for!

Love the bitter and jealous comments on the Mail online app. Made my morning the soft twats.

Apparently, only 12k turned up for our parade !

Our profile will rise again next season with the return of Onest Arry Redknapp to the top flight, the media's darling. I am surprised we've not had Arry on stage in City Square since he seems to talk about us more than anyone I know!

aguero93:20 said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
aguero93:20 said:
Etihad are first tier I would have thought? Think it's Eti Salat or Abu Dhabi tourism we can't raise instead.

I'd say you are right,but nike certainly won't be one of those.
Definitely, Nike, Etihad and BT would all be first tier, main sponsors.

Maybe the Nike deal has clauses that allow us to generate more income from the deal if we sell over a certain number of tops or go a long way in the Champs League. I don't know if this is the case. They would have expected us to be successful in the PL.

I'd be surprised if we could renegotiate the Nike Deal without a very big increase in shirt sales. They have probably paid us the market rate in comparison with what the likes of the Rags sell.

The likes of Under Armour and Warrior will pay a premia because they were not recognised brands in the UK. Nike don't really need the leg up. In contrast we have significantly helped Etihad to to raise their profile and this is reflected in the size of the sponsorship deal.

Maybe a factor in our brand being valued highly is that we help organisations to raise public awareness of them so that when people are in the market to buy say a holiday they associate Etihad with high quality / success. This is a slightly different advertising / marketing model to selling shirts where purchases are based on engagement with one Club (that requires a higher level of public engagement),

I'm not convinced by a table which says City are a bigger brand than Liverpool.

Liverpool are still a much better known and supported club world wide than City.

This table seems like a snapshot to me, and I don't think City would stay so high if they failed to win a trophy for a year or two, while some other clubs have more resilience in this respect.

urmston said:

Liverpool are still a much better known and supported club world wide than City.

This table seems like a snapshot to me, and I don't think City would stay so high if they failed to win a trophy for a year or two, while some other clubs have more resilience in this respect.

I would tend to agree with you Urmston, particularly in relation to international supporters. However, it is very difficult to compare because our partnerships are largely with very affluent parts of the globe, including Dubai as we all know.

That said, all our tickets for home games seem to sell (although a minority of fans don't always turn up). I seem to recall that Liverpool had 10,000 empty seats for some home games under Roy Hodgson. This was only a few years ago.

bobbyowenquiff said:
The funniest thing about all this is that we owe some of our success to the strength of United. We have always been reasonably well known as "the other club in Manchester". I have relatives the USA and even in the 90s their football-daft kids saw City as cool (probably because of the Madchester scene and Oasis)
City have positioned themselves skilfully (welcome to Manchester Tevez posters etc) as the community club with staunch local routes. We are a sort of "anti-United" brand. We are the alternative choice for sponsors and in this way we actually feed off United's brand. The City of Manchester itself is a strong international brand (alternative to London) so that helps as well.
So, as well as supporting us by filling up their cars with fuel, we have a lot to thank the rags for!

I lived in milwaukee and austin tx.
Nobody had ever heard about us, we owe nothing to united in such respects.
Even living in Holland barely anyone had ever heard of us.
100% disagree with you.

I am no marketing expert but isn't there a difference between brand and popularity?

urmston said:

Its much more to an evaluation of a brand than how big he following is in Asia.
Right now im not suprised Manchester city is a stronger brand than liverpool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.