City's New Kits - 2019/20

I know, but Etihad have the final say and if they say white doesn't stand out enough that's that.
The club should always have the last saying about it and not a sponsor. It's the same with our old badge on the first Nike kits, with a hideous crest around it to safe some money from Nike their part. We never demanded anything. They did exactly the same on Tottenham, but Levy told them to fuck off about it and now their club logo is without that hideous crest.

The club should always have the last saying about it and not a sponsor. It's the same with our old badge on the first Nike kits, with a hideous crest around it to safe some money from Nike part. We never demanded anything. They did exactly the same on Tottenham, but Levy told them to fuck off about it and now their club logo is without that hideous crest.
When you are paying £50 mill / year you get the last say.

What have Nike to do with the shirt sponsors.
What do you not understand? The clue is Nike is the kit sponsor of Tottenham. The first Tottenham kit had the same crest as what we had. But that got a lot of Tottenham fans upset. And Tottenham demanded to get it removed. Nike did, even though they are paying them a lot of money.

Why do our kits always come out last?
Don’t know but I prefer it that way.

Keeps something exciting for the Summer months before the Transfer Window opens.

I don’t like it when next season’s kits come out before the end of a current season and especially don’t like it when teams wear next season’s kit in their final home game of the current season.

Keep the new stuff for the new season!

2j12x60.jpg
Very nice!

Different but I like it.

You always have to do something a little bit different every now and again. Especially when we’re going to have arguably the most traditional City kit for a century when they bring out the 125th anniversary special.

I think it’s a good idea.

Also we aimed for “different” when we changed to sky blue socks, once upon a time. Imagine that very first time the team didn’t run out in navy blue socks in the 1950s after over half a century of navy socks. I bet everyone was saying “oh I don’t like these sky blue socks, we just don’t look like City anymore!”

Sometimes you just have to try something new out.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you not understand? The clue is Nike is the kit sponsor of Tottenham. The first Tottenham kit had the same crest as what we had. But that got a lot of Tottenham fans upset. And Tottenham demanded to get it removed. Nike did, even though they are paying them a lot of money.
It was the Spurs badge not the shirt sponsors logo completely different things, Etihad control their own logo, if they say not white it won’t be white no matter how much you don’t like it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.