City's New Kits - 2019/20

Just a plastic glory hunter here but I’m still stunned by the acceptance of throwing purple on the home kit for some “design” interest. Give me a fucking break.

At least Nike worked within the colour palate. Sky blue, navy, white. It’s really that simple.

Yes I know... the sleeves!! They did weird designs a few years. True. But at least it was in a shade of blue.

I will always think the home kits of 13-14, 15-16, 17-18 were pure class. And to be honest, 18-19 with the plain white shorts and navy socks was outstanding.

Unfortunately an increasing number of people aren't bothered about things like the traditions of the club, of which kit colours are a huge part, or fans being exploited as long as the team wins fingz. We're talking about people who would have been proud to be City fans 15/20 years ago but apparently are now only motivated by trophies. Makes you wonder why and how they managed before the takeover.

manchester-city-09-10-umbro-third-kit-2.jpg

I still remember the buzz on here over this thing of beauty, kits were everything we hoped and more that season. Them were the days <3

That’s the best change strip we’ve had in the modern era.

Unfortunately an increasing number of people aren't bothered about things like the traditions of the club, of which kit colours are a huge part, or fans being exploited as long as the team wins fingz. We're talking about people who would have been proud to be City fans 15/20 years ago but apparently are now only motivated by trophies. Makes you wonder why and how they managed before the takeover.

When we wore the red and black striped away kit in 1969 a large selection of the City following hated it because we had broke tradition by not wearing maroon while instead wearing colours which had nothing to do with the club.

In the same era we broke tradition by wearing maroon on the home kit for the first time.

We’ve also broken original traditions by changing the socks from navy to blue or white.

Then we have some fans who don’t like a bit of purple championing a Kappa home shirt which isn’t even City blue.

Truth is new traditions are created all the time throughout history. There’s not a freeze on life and things will always evolve.

If we win the CL then in 10-20 years there will be a generation of fans asking for a bit of purple on the anniversary home shirt. Hell, we’ve even had an away kit based on a Play Off shirt that a lot of people love now but thought was too untraditional at the time.

I think that’s where I stand. I don’t mind a bit of evolution where a bit of trim is coloured differently in a one off year because we’ve also got a very traditional anniversary home shirt on sale. The time I’d be a bit more concerned is if we had purple sleeves, mixed with blue shorts etc.

Last edited:
Fucking hell!
Wrong blue for a start, a tacky over the top black shoulder strip, a horrible collar and maroon for good measure.

People would have torn their season tickets up.
And yet what an iconic kit!

It’s a thing of beauty what you on about?

One positive of the purple sleeves is it will look great with that gold Premier League badge.

The more I hear about the away kit the more mental (in a bad way) it sounds. Can't get my head around choosing a historic nightclub scene as inspiration for a shirt. Just seems like an odd alley to go down to try and please fans? Could look for more inspiration based around the club and city?
I’d like to know where all this nonsense about the Hac has appeared from (probably somebody who spent one too many nights in there!)
I’d imagine, any Yellow & Black is inspired by the Manchester worker Bee, which has been around since the industrial revolution.
Hacienda ffs!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.