City's New Kits - 2019/20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by mag, 28 Feb 2019.

1. Kaini Industries

Kaini Industries

Unfortunately an increasing number of people aren't bothered about things like the traditions of the club, of which kit colours are a huge part, or fans being exploited as long as the team wins fingz. We're talking about people who would have been proud to be City fans 15/20 years ago but apparently are now only motivated by trophies. Makes you wonder why and how they managed before the takeover.

hilts likes this.
  2. Ban-jani

Ban-jani

That’s the best change strip we’ve had in the modern era.

TFC, Mike N and Blue Budgie like this.
  3. ManCityX

ManCityX

When we wore the red and black striped away kit in 1969 a large selection of the City following hated it because we had broke tradition by not wearing maroon while instead wearing colours which had nothing to do with the club.

In the same era we broke tradition by wearing maroon on the home kit for the first time.

We’ve also broken original traditions by changing the socks from navy to blue or white.

Then we have some fans who don’t like a bit of purple championing a Kappa home shirt which isn’t even City blue.

Truth is new traditions are created all the time throughout history. There’s not a freeze on life and things will always evolve.

If we win the CL then in 10-20 years there will be a generation of fans asking for a bit of purple on the anniversary home shirt. Hell, we’ve even had an away kit based on a Play Off shirt that a lot of people love now but thought was too untraditional at the time.

I think that’s where I stand. I don’t mind a bit of evolution where a bit of trim is coloured differently in a one off year because we’ve also got a very traditional anniversary home shirt on sale. The time I’d be a bit more concerned is if we had purple sleeves, mixed with blue shorts etc.

Last edited: 1 Jun 2019
  4. Ban-jani

Ban-jani

It’s a thing of beauty what you on about?

5. ManCityX

ManCityX

That’s not City’s home colour is it?

;)

6. urban genie

urban genie

Light blue ?

7. ManCityX

ManCityX

That’s laser blue pal and nothing like the blue we’ve worn for most of our recent history.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 1 Jun 2019
  8. citytilllidie

citytilllidie

Oy!
    Scruffy twat!

; )

9. Easy

Easy

One positive of the purple sleeves is it will look great with that gold Premier League badge.

10. yeseye

yeseye

EARLY CROSS, CHANCE AT THE FAR POST,HINCHCLIFFE
    I’d like to know where all this nonsense about the Hac has appeared from (probably somebody who spent one too many nights in there!)
    I’d imagine, any Yellow & Black is inspired by the Manchester worker Bee, which has been around since the industrial revolution.
    Hacienda ffs!

Psychedelic Casual likes this.