City's New Kits - 2019/20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by mag, 28 Feb 2019.

1. Mickeyhoohaa

Mickeyhoohaa

Ah yes you're right about the away kit. Forgot about that, however the description of the kit is very confusing. The guy also said the home socks were blue however?

Last edited: 1 Jun 2019
  2. OB1

OB1

Ooooh, that's a rather too balanced view for this place ;-)

I was too young to notice any fuss about the black and red kit when it was first introduced; I just loved it. That of course was one of Big Mal's innovations and based very deliberately on AC Milan's kit.

Malcolm also, IIRC, was behind the white and blue kits with the diagonal stripe that inspired the kit that Ban-jani describes as "the best change strip we’ve had in the modern era", which is a mash-up essentially of Malcolm's away kits. As an aside, I had both of the original diagonal kits and always remember that one was cotton and one synthetic - the latter was more practicable but the former looked better, but even the materials kits are made of change.

Shirt sales are important, otherwise Puma would not be paying City so much money, and that means kits have to be freshened up. I'd have us turning out in the kits I grew up on (think 1969 home and away plus 3rd strip of white with blue and red diagonal) every year but I'm not the target market for shirt sales. I do have two replica shirts from our last spell with Umbro, the ones that most look like the one's I grew up on. I hadn't worn one for a few years though until the FA Cup Final, it just felt right for a treble winning occasion.

I do find the topic of kit design interesting but ultimately all I really care about is what the guys getting paid to wear it achieve in it. If we win the UCL next year (it's about time we did), purple might become a new tradition!

ManCityX likes this.
  3. Corky

Corky

This time next year they will be out of date - yet the last one won't be on sale until Sept or Oct. Preferred the Le Coq ones at £30, or £24 with double discount on launch.

4. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

Le Coq were the worst.

I hated laser blue for a kick off, yes, even on the Kappa kit (could you imagine how nice that Kappa kit would have been in sky blue?!) but the Le Coq laser blue kits were absolutely horrendous!

5. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

I hate our red and black kits. Red is my least favourite colour on the spectrum. I wish we never had any red on any of our kits in our history and wish we never have them again!

But some people love them.

We also broke tradition in 1951 by having sky blue socks after over half a century with navy socks. Nobody would blink twice if we had sky blue socks now, but at one time people would have been unhappy that we moved away from traditional navy socks. I certainly want to see us wear them more often as they are what sets us apart from other sky blue clubs and is a proper traditional City sock colour.

We now have purple on the home kit. Purple goes better with sky blue than maroon does. I’ve never though maroon and sky blue go together well at all. West Ham, Villa, Burnley, Northampton and S****horpe’s kits and our maroon turnover socks are all a bit naff. However, maroon is my favourite City away kit colour and I think our 2012-13 Umbro maroon away kit was a thing of beauty - because it was maroon and gold, and didn’t have any sky blue on it!

Some people will hate the purple, like I hate our red and black kits or laser blue kits, but some will love it. I’m already liking the idea of it and think it looks proper smart to be honest.

Last edited: 1 Jun 2019
    KnaresboroughBlue and ManCityX like this.
  6. burnley blue mcfc

burnley blue mcfc

Team supported:
    Manchester city
    Fair play mate i’d forgot about that “decent” one ;)

7. ManCityX

ManCityX

Probably the best shirt in Le Coq’s entire history.

8. burnley blue mcfc

burnley blue mcfc

Team supported:
    Manchester city
    Yep i’d say so, always think of the 2-0 at west ham 1st game of season under sven :)

9. citymad

citymad

That ain’t saying much, probably one of the worst we’ve ever had in the history of shit shirts.

10. yeseye

yeseye

EARLY CROSS, CHANCE AT THE FAR POST,HINCHCLIFFE
    Right lads & lasses,
    here’s my first effort so go easy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

West Gorton Blue likes this.