City's Transfer Window Haul

Re: Realistically....

mammutly said:
Realistically, I think Tevez is still possible but far from certain.

And that's it for our transfer window.

Am I happy?

No

reason why we cant attract the big names

1. we`re not in C.L.

2. not got the climate of spain

3. the rate of tax is far more than spain

4. its a completely different game than in spain and italy (more physical)

5. and mark hughes not a big enough name to attract the best players (sorry its just my opinion)

Cheltblue said:
N-SummerbeeLifeSaver said:
I think the transfer window even if it ended now should be viewed as a huge success.

Roque Santa Cruz, although a lot are yet to be convinced by this transfer, offers us something we've lacked for a long time. Probably as long ago as when Niall Quinn was towering above defenders in a City shirt. His ability to hold up the ball and his footballing intelligence should, and i'm going to go as far as to say will, give us a completely different option up front. RSC can boss defences, as shown when Blackburn played United last season.

Gareth Barry may well end up being the most important signing we make this summer. He's a proven premiership player with bags of talent. An England international who is respected by Fabio Capello, one of the greatest managers of his generation. He's pretty much a box to box midfielder with a strong left side and has played CM, LW and LB in his career all with a high degree of success. Barry's inclusion in the first team also renders Robinho's poor defensive ability irrelevant as he will be the one who is giving Bridge support on that left side, which will probably allow Bridge the opportunity to show us why he was one of the brightest young players in English football 6-7 years ago.

And if/when we sign Tevez that would just be the icing on the cake.

--------------------------------Given--------------------------------
Richards------------Onuoha---------------Kompany--
-----------Bridge Dunne providing good cover for Onuoha/Kompany.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------de Jong-----------------------------Barry-------------- Barry pulling left when defending if needed.
-------------------------------Ireland-------------------------------- Ireland playing his most comfortable game.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
--Tevez----------------------------------------------------Robinho-- SWP playing instead of Tevez if he doesn't sign.
-----------------------------Santa Cruz-----------------------------

That team is better than any team outside the top 4 and offers room for manoeuvre should it be needed.

Hopefully with the better quality in the squad and the better flexibility with the players we now possess we will never run into that ridiculous problem we had last season when facing Stoke where we played until something like the 60th minute with two defensive midfielders against 10 men.

That same defence will give the same opposition the same hope and we will leak goals the same as we did last season.

Minimum 2 defenders, hopefully both CB needed, then your side is looking more balanced. And if Tevez is a no show, then 6th will be a bridge to far with your team as it is.

Well this is true. However my aim was to provide a case for this transfer window being viewed as a success already, with Barry and RSC coming in in two areas we needed strengthening. Tevez was the only future signing I was prepared to speculate on as I believe that to be almost a certainty. It is unlikely Hughes is going to fail to address our shortcomings in defence.

That was simply the best team I could make with the players we already have/surely will have soon.

Hi all,

i have a breaking news and exclusive news for you
Guti a Real Madrid player have an offre from City to play for your team

the transfer could be closed next week

Best Regards,

Pam said:
No so-called marquee signing but you can't deny it would be a pretty decent haul, to say the least.

So Tevez isnt a marquee signing ?

Argentine international, filched from under the nose of the old enemy?

Well if he comes of course.

The signings are very impressive I am happy with the way the officials have conducted themselves as well.

gignac would be a great signing 24 years old top scorer in france last year by 7 goals playin for toulouse and he is 6ft 2" a propper forward

Donleo1 said:
Hi all,

i have a breaking news and exclusive news for you
Guti a Real Madrid player have an offre from City to play for your team

the transfer could be closed next week

Best Regards,

Oh dream on, we dont need a oldster

g180aj said:
gignac would be a great signing 24 years old top scorer in france last year by 7 goals playin for toulouse and he is 6ft 2" a propper forward
Gignac would be a fantastic signing yes, but the only minor issue I'd have with him is that he likes to drift out left a lot. Which we all know is Robbies territory so I'm not sure how that would work... He's not the sort of striker that stands and waits outside the 16-yard box, he drifts all the time, which is a good quality anyway...
I'd say he's very similar to Henry in many ways

i8rags said:
C_T_I_D said:
....what remaining transfers would leave you feeling reasonably happy come end of the transfer window?

I'd say Lescott and Tevez and that'd be me, a transfer window consisting of:

Stuart Taylor (sub GK)
Jolean Lescott
Carlos Tevez
Gareth Barry
Roque Santa Cruz

Please keep it realistic and not turn it into an Aguero, Fabiano fest which you know deep down simply won't happen.
add to that petrov and johnson and boj it will do for me, everyone forgets petrov

Add to this the young lad Weiss - looked fairly comfortable on the last day of the season and should get better with more playing time.

Just thought I'd throw another name into the ring that's all.

the--dud said:
g180aj said:
Gignac would be a fantastic signing yes, but the only minor issue I'd have with him is that he likes to drift out left a lot. Which we all know is Robbies territory so I'm not sure how that would work... He's not the sort of striker that stands and waits outside the 16-yard box, he drifts all the time, which is a good quality anyway...
I'd say he's very similar to Henry in many ways

Bit of a gamble though perhaps...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.