City's worst manager of all time

Skashion said:
bluemc1 said:
kompany lescott zaba dejong tevez barry, worst city manager ever ?????? EVER ? really???
Yes, £200m he spent. Actually managed to get some good players for that amount and yet finished lower than Sven did, managed a record seven consecutive draws and conceded three goals on five occasions in the 09/10 season alone, including at home to Burnley, the team with the worst away record in the league that season, and a 0-3 tonking off bottom of the Championship Nottingham Forest the season before. So yes, he had the heart of our defensive success in his last season; Hart; Richards; Lescott; Kompany; Zaba; Barry, and had a shockingly shit record because he doesn't know what to do with them. By the end, Kompany was rarely playing, with Toure, Richards and even Onouha preferred at one point! That's how much of a moron he was. He bought Kompany and then couldn't see how good he was. A few years later, essentially the same defensive heart of the team and we're very disappointed and consider it a very poor defensive performance when we concede three at the Bernabeu.

fair enough i just find it hard to call the manager who bought us half the title winning side and left when we were 4th was it ? semi of carling cup ? the worst ever person to manage in the history of r club, what would you say if he came in now and changed the best defence in prem for last 2 years and we started conceding goals cos thats what mancinis doing

bluemc1 said:
fair enough i just find it hard to call the manager who bought us half the title winning side and left when we were 4th was it ? semi of carling cup ? the worst ever person to manage in the history of r club, what would you say if he came in now and changed the best defence in prem for last 2 years and we started conceding goals cos thats what mancinis doing
6th, six points off 4th (albeit with a game in hand) with a vastly inferior goal difference. So he left just three positions above where Sven left us, having spent £200m.

Mancini, unfortunately, has not had any time in pre-season to play around with his formation. That's mostly Marwood's fault and something which Mancini voiced his thoughts on at the beginning of summer. Lescott is also knocking on a bit now at the age of 30. Having someone like Nastasic integrated into the team is a good idea because we need cover and we eventually need someone to replace Lescott. It also hasn't been the biggest problem because he's acquitted himself quite well has Nastasic. They need time to develop a partnership just as Lescott and Kompany did. It is time for him to stop mucking around with formation now because this is not pre-season but I do have sympathy with Mancini being left in the lurch by last day transfers. However, what Mancini can say definitively is that it's his defence to play around with because he made them the best defence in the Premier League. When Hughes left, our defensive record was the 11th best in the league. Mancini made us the best defensive side in the league in the past two seasons and will do so again.

Skashion said:
bluemc1 said:
6th, six points off 4th (albeit with a game in hand) with a vastly inferior goal difference. So he left just three positions above where Sven left us, having spent £200m.

Mancini, unfortunately, has not had any time in pre-season to play around with his formation. That's mostly Marwood's fault and something which Mancini voiced his thoughts on at the beginning of summer. Lescott is also knocking on a bit now at the age of 30. Having someone like Nastasic integrated into the team is a good idea because we need cover and we eventually need someone to replace Lescott. It also hasn't been the biggest problem because he's acquitted himself quite well has Nastasic. They need time to develop a partnership just as Lescott and
Kompany did. It is time for him to stop mucking around with formation now because this is not pre-season but I do have sympathy with Mancini being left in the lurch by last day transfers. However, what Mancini can say definitively is that it's his defence to play around with because he made them the best defence in the Premier League. When Hughes left, our defensive record was the 11th best in the league. Mancini made us the best defensive side in the league in the past two seasons and will do so again.

you say he had no time to play around in pre season, what did he need to play around with? like you say we had best defence in prem for last 2 years, i agree you need to intergrate players and nastasic looks like a good 1 for the future, but given he had no time to do it in pre season i think he should just take that and not "play around" away to madrid and that was probably a good game to go with your tried and trusted,

Alan Ball (God rest his soul), for me.
At least Coppell had the brains to f**k off before he did too much damage.

Mind you, ours was the job that crafty git, Dave f**king Basset, turned down with a sneer and a hearty ho-ho f**king ho. So there were possibly more things rotten in the kingdom than whichever oaf was sat in the manager's seat.

Coppell
Clarke
Ball
Hughes

Favorite Man City Manager - Tony Book by a million miles

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.